Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Honnycorns View Post
    Hello everyone, good morning, evening, afternoon. Not too long ago my guild decided to make alts on another server, we chose, for fun, the worst there is. Alliance Warsong. Im not sure if it is the worst but it definetly looks like it. Less than 15 alliance lvl 90 online. So I decided to get my toon up as fast as I could, I paid for another account and did RAF and got to level 70 really fast.

At lvl 70, I got tired of dongeons so I decided to quest. I went to DragonBlight in northrend and started my, painful, quest there. The first quest I did If I dont count the talking ones was about looting the bodies of dead humains to find a bag that may contain the quest item. I killed one and then, I got ganked by a level 90. I ran back to my body and rezzed, after looking at a few more bodies, ganked again, by a level 90. I did a few quests, getting ganked every 2-3 minutes then I gave up. I ran dongeons up to lvl 75. At 75 I wanted to do the Ring of Anguish, I thought I could solo it since I was a tank and I had two accounts, so I went there, then as I was logging out since I had to go, a lvl 90 hunter came and ganked me. I didnt really care as I had to go, so I just logged off. When I came back later that night ( it was two days ago ) I saw a ton of hordes CAMPING the place I was. As I rezzed and tried to get away, I would just get one shotted by, rogues, hunters, mages, warlocks. Anything. I had to, just to get away, take the spirit healer rez. As I complained to my guildmates, they told me, Yea but when that happens, you should just change questing zone... I didnt like the idea at the time, I still did it. I worked my way to lvl 80.

At level 80 my Ilvl was too low to keep doing dongeons, so I went to Hyjal, what a fun place. As I arrive, I see about... 30 hordes, standing in the area. I got up to the zone where you kill the werewolves to loot whatever they drop, right after that I decided to go to Va shir. It took me about 3 hours to decide to switch zone. During that time, I was able to do, not even 25 quests, because Every minute I would get ganked. Level 85-90s were everywhere. Vashir isnt a zone many people like questing at, it wasnt so bad there but still had troubles every now and then.

Alright, now, I am in deepholm, gank rate is lower than it was in hyjal, but still extreamly hard to deal with. I was playing the game a few mins before I decided to create this post, and my rez timer is stuck at 2 minutes.

The reason I am making this post is to talk about questing and how Xrealm zone made it, impossible, in PvP servers.

I agree that in pvp server, you should be able to gank, its the whole reason why it exist, but there are only 3 ways of leveling up, and questing is one of them. If you tell me, just reroll a pve server, Ill say no, why should I? Why would transferring to a pve server be the only way of being able to quest? Why should I be unable to quest, simply because I chose the wrong faction in a pvp server? It wouldnt make any sense. I started playing this game at the start of wolk, and I have never, ever died so often in such a short amount of time. Even the 150 attempts I had on Heroic Baleroc were not this plainful. 90% of the ganks were commited by lvl 90s, giving me no chance of even being able to defend myself. Every day I would see alliance running around on their level 90 to respond to these ganks.

If you think about it from a new player perspective, or more, if I was a new player, trying out a pvp server on the non-dominant faction, I would simply quit. Its so annoying to simply, randomly die like this. Questing on these servers are simply painful, and it was not meant to be this way, it simply couldnt be. Right now, I am forced to level by doing BGs, instances, wait the 2 minute rez and SLOWLY progress in my quest line or simply go play something else.

The problem comes from crossrealm zones, I dont think I even saw one of the lvl 90 hordes from warsong once since I started playing on this server, the crossrealm zone, correct me if I am wrong, Was meant to revive world PVP, I like the idea, however it made questing impossible at certain level range. Leveling an alt becomes long and frustrating if you are questing, and boring if you only run dongeons. The issue here is the fact that there are too many high levels in low level quest zones, even deepholm! Why would anyone ever want to go to deepholm!? The answer is ganking. After a long discussion with my guildies that started with my QQs about how unfair it was, I ended up talking about random things and ideas that could make the situation better. Id like the readers who are interested in the topic to think about this too and tell us what you think about it.

I think players who wish to level by questing should be allowed to, even in pvp servers, I like world pvp but its just too intense atm, and in my book, getting one shotted by someone 15-10 levels highter than you is not pvp. Or if it is, its not fun pvp. So, keep that crap in MOP, not in cata, not in wolk. There is nothing fun in waiting for the 2 min timers because you keep dying to people who play unfairly, and its also not fun to switch to your main just to get revenge, it makes me wanna play league. I hope blues get notice of this if they didnt yet. Later people, have a nice breakfast, day or night.
    You are on a PvP server. You should be able to take it. You chose it. Don't complain about your own choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Honnycorns View Post
    Hello everyone, good morning, evening, afternoon. Not too long ago my guild decided to make alts on another server, we chose, for fun, the worst there is. Alliance Warsong. Im not sure if it is the worst but it definetly looks like it. Less than 15 alliance lvl 90 online. So I decided to get my toon up as fast as I could, I paid for another account and did RAF and got to level 70 really fast.

At lvl 70, I got tired of dongeons so I decided to quest. I went to DragonBlight in northrend and started my, painful, quest there. The first quest I did If I dont count the talking ones was about looting the bodies of dead humains to find a bag that may contain the quest item. I killed one and then, I got ganked by a level 90. I ran back to my body and rezzed, after looking at a few more bodies, ganked again, by a level 90. I did a few quests, getting ganked every 2-3 minutes then I gave up. I ran dongeons up to lvl 75. At 75 I wanted to do the Ring of Anguish, I thought I could solo it since I was a tank and I had two accounts, so I went there, then as I was logging out since I had to go, a lvl 90 hunter came and ganked me. I didnt really care as I had to go, so I just logged off. When I came back later that night ( it was two days ago ) I saw a ton of hordes CAMPING the place I was. As I rezzed and tried to get away, I would just get one shotted by, rogues, hunters, mages, warlocks. Anything. I had to, just to get away, take the spirit healer rez. As I complained to my guildmates, they told me, Yea but when that happens, you should just change questing zone... I didnt like the idea at the time, I still did it. I worked my way to lvl 80.

At level 80 my Ilvl was too low to keep doing dongeons, so I went to Hyjal, what a fun place. As I arrive, I see about... 30 hordes, standing in the area. I got up to the zone where you kill the werewolves to loot whatever they drop, right after that I decided to go to Va shir. It took me about 3 hours to decide to switch zone. During that time, I was able to do, not even 25 quests, because Every minute I would get ganked. Level 85-90s were everywhere. Vashir isnt a zone many people like questing at, it wasnt so bad there but still had troubles every now and then.

Alright, now, I am in deepholm, gank rate is lower than it was in hyjal, but still extreamly hard to deal with. I was playing the game a few mins before I decided to create this post, and my rez timer is stuck at 2 minutes.

The reason I am making this post is to talk about questing and how Xrealm zone made it, impossible, in PvP servers.

I agree that in pvp server, you should be able to gank, its the whole reason why it exist, but there are only 3 ways of leveling up, and questing is one of them. If you tell me, just reroll a pve server, Ill say no, why should I? Why would transferring to a pve server be the only way of being able to quest? Why should I be unable to quest, simply because I chose the wrong faction in a pvp server? It wouldnt make any sense. I started playing this game at the start of wolk, and I have never, ever died so often in such a short amount of time. Even the 150 attempts I had on Heroic Baleroc were not this plainful. 90% of the ganks were commited by lvl 90s, giving me no chance of even being able to defend myself. Every day I would see alliance running around on their level 90 to respond to these ganks.

If you think about it from a new player perspective, or more, if I was a new player, trying out a pvp server on the non-dominant faction, I would simply quit. Its so annoying to simply, randomly die like this. Questing on these servers are simply painful, and it was not meant to be this way, it simply couldnt be. Right now, I am forced to level by doing BGs, instances, wait the 2 minute rez and SLOWLY progress in my quest line or simply go play something else.

The problem comes from crossrealm zones, I dont think I even saw one of the lvl 90 hordes from warsong once since I started playing on this server, the crossrealm zone, correct me if I am wrong, Was meant to revive world PVP, I like the idea, however it made questing impossible at certain level range. Leveling an alt becomes long and frustrating if you are questing, and boring if you only run dongeons. The issue here is the fact that there are too many high levels in low level quest zones, even deepholm! Why would anyone ever want to go to deepholm!? The answer is ganking. After a long discussion with my guildies that started with my QQs about how unfair it was, I ended up talking about random things and ideas that could make the situation better. Id like the readers who are interested in the topic to think about this too and tell us what you think about it.

I think players who wish to level by questing should be allowed to, even in pvp servers, I like world pvp but its just too intense atm, and in my book, getting one shotted by someone 15-10 levels highter than you is not pvp. Or if it is, its not fun pvp. So, keep that crap in MOP, not in cata, not in wolk. There is nothing fun in waiting for the 2 min timers because you keep dying to people who play unfairly, and its also not fun to switch to your main just to get revenge, it makes me wanna play league. I hope blues get notice of this if they didnt yet. Later people, have a nice breakfast, day or night.
    You should put this on official forums. i always wanted a penalty system for ganking lowbies.

Only one thing annoys me about the WoW questing system.

Is having to quest to kill X, 5 minutes after you just finished killing X. WoW should for most things accept that you have done certain things as credit for quests.

Example - Just finished earning around 10000 VP, get quest saying earn 6000 VP... how stupid is that ?
    Help friend kill Joe the Boss for quest, 2 weeks later friend helps me kill the same boss for the same quest.

Sounds to me like you're on PvP server, a non issue then.

On the other hand WoW has one of the best questing systems, ever.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Alright, the reason why the I am putting questing system in the title is simply because the questing system was not desinged, or it if was it was a bad idea, so people could go to a zone, do one or two quest then engage in a never ending pvp battle by switching to your max level character. This is currently the case with the Xrealm zone features in pvp servers.
    Secondly, I have been playing on a pvp server since wolk, I have seen two types of ..world pvp... The one when you fight players equal level with you, and the one where you get one shotted in the back by a rogue 10 levels ahead of you. One is fun, the other is not. Crossrealm zones revived both situations, one can be fun, most of the time it is when you are not fighting twinks but fellow levelers, the other one is just damn annoying. I never had this much trouble before even when my main server was a populated one, getting ganked 2-3 times is normal, however when you are sitting your 2minute timers and you are forced to stop playing every 30 minutes because you are target of 1 or 2 lvl 90s who are running around looking for low level players to kill, you start thinking things over and you end up like me making a post on these forums.
    Another thing, alot of people have been mentioning about me knowing what I was doing by going on warsong alliance, the server itself doesnt matter, its economy is bad but it doesnt matter at all it will only affect me when I care about the economy, same with population. Many seems to think something similar to, pvp server, you get ganked its normal, your fault for chosing it. Yes I chose a pvp server and yes I get ganked, however it is simply too much. The fact that getting ganked so often is simply showing how unbalanced the server merging from Xrealm zones was, the alliance is outnumbred and the game doesnt help it, if someone tries to roll alliance, you are screwed. Balancing populated servers with non populated servers would help, in a zone where there is 5 hordes lvl 90 and 5 alliances level 90 they may be busy fighting it off each other to care about levelers. It would help I am sure.
    Another post asked which solution I could propose, I can think of many, doesnt mean they are all good, ill list a few of them here just for the heck of it.

-Make Xrealm zone only at high end levels, MoP zones.

-Create a dishonorable kill system that would remove honor points from you if you gank someone who is gray. I can find some ways to abuse this, so for exemple, if a gray alliance is in a Horde zone or city this system wouldnt apply.

-After ganking the same gray guy 2-3 times you cannot see him anymore for a set time, I dont think this is a good idea but I thought it could inspire other people to think about something similar.