1. #1
    High Overlord Strear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    119

    Question [Ret PVP] Light's Hammer for some BG / RBG maps : a viable option ?

    Hi,

    I've tried it on the PTR, and was wondering if it could be a viable option to switch to in certain battlegrounds on packs of enemies, like the " pack " running after a flag carrier, or a pack defending a wagon in the mines. I'm brainstorming about this. Of course, I'm mostly thinking about the " slowing " ability of the talent which is automatically reapplied in the zone, even if someone trinkets/frees from the effect. The damage and healing would just be some king of bonus from my point of view, but that's better than nothing.

    Do you have any idea ?

  2. #2
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,951
    I mean, you could, but it won't be as good as Prism for combat unless their entire team is dumb and stands in it.

  3. #3
    Fluffy Kitten Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    I mean, you could, but it won't be as good as Prism for combat unless their entire team is dumb and stands in it.
    Other classes have much more reliable and spammable slows anyway. You'd be giving up quite a bit to get that tiny snare on a 1m cooldown.

    Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

  4. #4
    It would be usefull if Light's Hammer would disarm/silence/healing debuff/apply blinding light... But snare bonus is kinda weak

  5. #5
    holy prism is way better, simply because of the fact that your not relying on your enemy to be stupid. don't forget that holy prism is very effective at catching stealth classes and it's damage/heal is ok.

    I wish I recorded that one arena game where I killed a mage and a warlock at the same time with like an 90k holy prism while they both had 80k health.
    I guess Light's Hammer is still an better option than execution sentence though(that spell is so underwhelming in pvp after they made it dispellable).

  6. #6
    Lights Hammer is a great ability and I would consider using it in pvp IF the CD wasnt so long.

    1 min is far far to big a CD for a very small snare effect and some mediocre damage

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    Lights Hammer is a great ability and I would consider using it in pvp IF the CD wasnt so long.

    1 min is far far to big a CD for a very small snare effect and some mediocre damage
    I like how you say it's an great ability and then call the damage mediocre and the snare effect very small. I might be wrong but aren't you contradicting yourself?

  8. #8
    High Overlord Strear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    119
    Thanks for your advices !

  9. #9
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by gildra View Post
    I like how you say it's an great ability and then call the damage mediocre and the snare effect very small. I might be wrong but aren't you contradicting yourself?
    Think he means the concept.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •