Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    On the back of each one there is a code you enter to your account. This separateness it from any other authenticator made.
    Ah ok. I can see how that would be useful now. So then it's only one authenticator per account right, a hacker couldn't already have one then change his to work on yours after he invades your account?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    Ah ok. I can see how that would be useful now. So then it's only one authenticator per account right, a hacker couldn't already have one then change his to work on yours after he invades your account?
    Exactly. Also without the key it would be extremely hard for them to hack your account to begin with. As you will need the autenticator to log into that account on anything web page/sc2/d3 and so on

Just so I understand... OP has been hacked before, got lucky that blizzard didn't take away ill gotten gains. Now they've been hacked again and they're upset that they won't get any free mats and gold that were surely botted or traded in from other stolen accounts. Eh, what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Exactly. Also without the key it would be extremely hard for them to hack your account to begin with. As you will need the autenticator to log into that account on anything web page/sc2/d3 and so on
    Well that changes a lot. I'll probably be picking one up if I ever resub to WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Why waste your time stealing an account if you arent going to use it to bot 24/7 and gather me tons of stuff before I finally report it.
    Blizzard will likely remove all those items.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammriy View Post
    Just so I understand... OP has been hacked before, got lucky that blizzard didn't take away ill gotten gains. Now they've been hacked again and they're upset that they won't get any free mats and gold that were surely botted or traded in from other stolen accounts. Eh, what?
    Yup. It's pretty sad, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Somehow my WoW account was compromised and an authenticator was added. Havent had a compromised account since before they added battle.net. I had stopped playing so dont really care plus you get everything back anyways so not worried. I remember last time I came out making a ton of gold because my main was max mining/herbalism and I had like 50 stacks of frost lotus and 250 stacks of titanium ore and lots of epic gems as well. Was hoping they would be doing the same thing again but none of my characters have been logged in since I last played them. Why waste your time stealing an account if you arent going to use it to bot 24/7 and gather me tons of stuff before I finally report it.
    to ten sell it.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest i think letting a "hacker" have your account for longer in the hope he will bot you some mats is just as bad as botting:S

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    How does that work? I thought it was a USB device that would display a random number sequence that you would then enter into the game in order to be able to login. How is tied to each individual account?
    Technology does it....I have several accounts each with an authenticator. Each authenticator will only work with the specific account it is tied to. If you try an authenticator that is not specificaly tied to the account, the system fails and you are not able to log-in.

Deleted
    Item traffic...basicly they use it sell stuff they aren't supposed to sell. So when something does happen it's only a stolen account anyway. Not all hacked accounts get gold leeched.