Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Oh joy, you've figured out how to dodge around the Mods so that you can't get banned.

    Gotta love loopholes.

    I have multiple points to argue against your claims for the community, but what's the point Jaylock?

    You'll skim what I wrote, you'll deny any of it, and even when 90% of the community agrees with my opinion or another's, you'll just continue to not listen.

    No point in really trying to have a one sided conversation.
    Then we'll agree to disagree
    It is my humble opinion that TBC was the most entertaining expansion.
    The Fonz wants you to smile.

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Oh joy, you've figured out how to dodge around the Mods so that you can't get banned.

    Gotta love loopholes.

    I have multiple points to argue against your claims for the community, but what's the point Jaylock?

    You'll skim what I wrote, you'll deny any of it, and even when 90% of the community agrees with my opinion or another's, you'll just continue to not listen.

    No point in really trying to have a one sided conversation.
    Of course he did, Getting infracted every other week starts to build up. He had to find SOME loophole so he can be a sarcastic smartass and still not be infracted.

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Do you really think I care that much about your random (and ultimately worthless -- like most opinions on the internet) opinion on the internet that I would follow your threads? I didn't even know this was yours when I first saw it.

    I always find it so funny how people, whose sole existence on fan forums is bashing the shit out of the game the forum exists for, manage to convince themselves they're the victim when people respond to their bogus flame baiting by pointing out how their existence on the forum is...well bogus and for only flame baiting.

    You exist on this forum to garner attention from other people by uniformly hating literally everything to do with WoW. You spout off nostalgic nonsense, and in a good majority of the time its false nostalgia about things that didn't even happen during older expansions. And your blatant hypocrisy with bashing things post-WotLK that happened in BC, like the supposed "rehashes" (Hint: Blizzard used weapon models in BC that were in Vanilla), seals my assumption.

    Referring to yourself in the third person only further confirms that your sole objective is to cause a fight. Well done, you've succeeded for a long time on here.
    I would say umadbro? but if i did I would probably get infracted. So what I will say is this:

    Why do you care so much to post inflammatory and hateful things against me when I state my opinion? Couldn't you just as well not even post if it makes you that mad at what I say? Its like you take my opinions personally and you have to carry out revenge on me as a person by posting the rabble you post.

    Some people may not like my opinions, but there have been many who have agreed with me, and have quoted me and have stood by me. So dont pretend that everyone hates me on these forums and wishes me banned.

    Also, I know that vanilla weapon models were used in TBC, BUT they had soooooo many original weapons and armor that were unique looking that it trumped everything else that has been created with the "lets just recolor it in this very expansion and call it a new weapon" lazy bs blizzard has pulled.

    Just compare the heroic dungeons in TBC to the heroic dungeons now. Every weapon and peice of armor is a complete reskin / recolor of the level up weapons and armor found in these dungeons. Hell, they are so lazy now that they dont even bother to recolor the heroic blue gear from heroic dungeons from their normal counterparts. Complete lazy BS on blizzards part.

    They took much greater care and attention to detail in TBC... not so much anymore with all the rehashing that goes on.
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2013-02-28 at 05:27 PM.
    It is my humble opinion that TBC was the most entertaining expansion.
    The Fonz wants you to smile.

  4. #204
    The Lightbringer NatePsychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    3,525
    They're bringing back blacksmithing weapons that players have been wanting to see return for quite some time now, I don't see what the problem is? It's not really a rehash when it was a popular request.

  5. #205
    Scarab Lord Conscious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Boston, MA.
    Posts
    4,238
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    They're bringing back blacksmithing weapons that players have been wanting to see return for quite some time now, I don't see what the problem is? It's not really a rehash when it was a popular request.
    Why is it that every time they bring something back, it's always, without fail something that 'players have been wanting to see return'.

    Sorry, but that's still the biggest cop-out.
    GYP! Fanboy?

    "The main problem with that strategy is that we don't really have any idea what most players want." - GC

  6. #206
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Why is it that every time they bring something back, it's always, without fail something that 'players have been wanting to see return'.

    Sorry, but that's still the biggest cop-out.
    Because they are returning stuff that people want?
    Why the hell would they do it otherwise..

  7. #207
    Legendary! Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    6,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Why is it that every time they bring something back, it's always, without fail something that 'players have been wanting to see return'.

    Sorry, but that's still the biggest cop-out.
    Are players not allowed to want something back in game or something?

    Because, I mean if you actually read everything that people have said, when they announced they were bringing back these "lost" weapons, the community all basically said "FINALLY" and "YAY".

    It's not a cop out.

    If you wanna see a cop out, the fact you are honestly convinced that people are using the fact that the community wanted anything back in game as an excuse to say 'Rehash' is that cop out.
    Last edited by Destil; 2013-02-28 at 06:23 PM.

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Why is it that every time they bring something back, it's always, without fail something that 'players have been wanting to see return'.

    Sorry, but that's still the biggest cop-out.
    At least in the case of the weapons, it's true that people wanted them back.

    There have been many posts about the sudden vanishing of the BS-specializations (And the matching plans), and similar questions about the troll-themed gear from ZA and ZG, it also helps that these items aren't content in the narrower sense, they're not 5-mans or raids, they're green items and a few BS plans...

  9. #209
    Scarab Lord Conscious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Boston, MA.
    Posts
    4,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Are players not allowed to want something back in game or something?

    Because, I mean if you actually read everything that people have said, when they announced they were bringing back these "lost" weapons, the community all basically said "FINALLY" and "YAY".

    It's not a cop out.

    If you wanna see a cop out, the fact you are honestly convinced that people are using the fact that the community wanted anything back in game as an excuse to say 'Rehash' is that cop out.
    How do you figure? I wasn't talking specifically about these weapons either, it's usually the cop out (and yes, it IS a cop out) used when they bring anything back.

    i.e. Trolls, i.e. most of Cataclysm, i.e. Onyxia even.
    GYP! Fanboy?

    "The main problem with that strategy is that we don't really have any idea what most players want." - GC

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    How do you figure? I wasn't talking specifically about these weapons either, it's usually the cop out (and yes, it IS a cop out) used when they bring anything back.
    What do you think their true motive is if they don't think there's any player interest in bringing this stuff back into the game?

  11. #211
    God dammit. Every cool thing I have to make me special snowflake is slowly fading away. First it was them saying RBG titles give access to vanilla gear xmogs, now it's bringing back the retired BC weapons. WHAT'S NEXT, BRINGING BACK HAND OF ADAL and MY RED AMANI BEAR MOUNT?

    ...shit I jinxed it didn't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  12. #212
    Scarab Lord Conscious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Boston, MA.
    Posts
    4,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    What do you think their true motive is if they don't think there's any player interest in bringing this stuff back into the game?
    They want to put out 'new' content without actually having to -make- the content.
    GYP! Fanboy?

    "The main problem with that strategy is that we don't really have any idea what most players want." - GC

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Theiea View Post
    So, since blizzard is bringing back removed items, youre assuming they are going to start rehashing raids?

    Are you taking crazy pills?
    I LOL'd. GGWP.

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    They want to put out 'new' content without actually having to -make- the content.
    Yet they have no problems making large amounts of new content. Like a whole continent filled with new artwork and designs. Yet, it's a cop out when they put some stuff in the game that players have asked for, repeatedly, over the past several years.

  15. #215
    Scarab Lord Conscious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Boston, MA.
    Posts
    4,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    Yet they have no problems making large amounts of new content. Like a whole continent filled with new artwork and designs. Yet, it's a cop out when they put some stuff in the game that players have asked for, repeatedly, over the past several years.
    You're limiting your reference point to just the BC Weapons.

    Look at the big picture.

    And obviously they're not going to have rehashed release content, that'd be piss-poor marketing.
    GYP! Fanboy?

    "The main problem with that strategy is that we don't really have any idea what most players want." - GC

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    You're limiting your reference point to just the BC Weapons.

    Look at the big picture.

    And obviously they're not going to have rehashed release content, that'd be piss-poor marketing.
    The "big picture", where anything we might have seen before, or in some vaguely related sense, is what counts as rehashed content.

  17. #217
    Scarab Lord Conscious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Boston, MA.
    Posts
    4,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    The "big picture", where anything we might have seen before, or in some vaguely related sense, is what counts as rehashed content.
    Which is stuff we've seen before.

    Popular opinion aside, a rehash is a rehash.
    GYP! Fanboy?

    "The main problem with that strategy is that we don't really have any idea what most players want." - GC

  18. #218
    A rehash is something like Naxx or ZA, where nothing really changed. Going back to a place because it's relevant again, or having recurring enemies, are not the same thing. There are a lot of things that have been dealt with, but only on a temporary basis. So it makes sense that we would see them again, that's not what a rehash is. It's just a basic part of storytelling.

  19. #219
    I think this thread is becoming a lil bit silly about 5 items out of I-don't-know-how-many with new art. Considering all the new art that has been developed for the new raid items, NPCs etc. probably we would simply have got nothing if not those ones.
    Last edited by Brazorf; 2013-02-28 at 08:28 PM.

  20. #220
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    How do you figure? I wasn't talking specifically about these weapons either, it's usually the cop out (and yes, it IS a cop out) used when they bring anything back.

    i.e. Trolls, i.e. most of Cataclysm, i.e. Onyxia even.
    Cop out
    To avoid fulfilling a commitment or responsibility; renege
    So no, it's not a cop out.

    But people WERE asking for a continuance in the Troll-lore.
    People were asking them to update the old world.
    And people asked for old unobtainable models to be brought back into the game.

    Yet no, according to the allknowing Conscious it's because they are too lazy to make new stuff.
    And when they do make new stuff, you probably have a seat reserved at front row to complain about it and claim how the 'old stuff was better'.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •