Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
LastLast
  1. #221
    The Lightbringer Mandible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Why is it that every time they bring something back, it's always, without fail something that 'players have been wanting to see return'.

    Sorry, but that's still the biggest cop-out.
    Why when people asked for them? ITs not been possible to make those weapons for quite a while now, and personally I would like them to have been either bop, or patterns still availbable to make them for other characters.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

  2. #222
    But isnt those just "extra" content for patch? Dont see the big problem here.

  3. #223
    Stood in the Fire Rickarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    cause it`s being done way too often
    It is fine to do so for 1 or two old things, like unstoppable force or dirke or ice barbed spear, whatever
    We should be moving forward not dwelling in the past
    Then don't use the old models?

    Seriously, the mindset of people like you baffles me. "Things that have NO direct affect on me, but I don't like, should not be allowed to happen in the game." is something I see far too often on these forums.

    The BS patterns - as far as I can tell - are all patterns that were removed from the game when weaponsmithing/armorsmithing was removed from blacksmithing. The weapons, in my and many other people's opinion, look freaking awesome, and its a shame that people wouldn't be allowed to get those models for transmog simply because they didn't happen to have weaponsmithing (and hammersmith for Stormherald, swordsmith for lionheart executioner, etc.) before it was removed from the game. Considering the fact that implementing this probably took very little effort (as the art was already created and in the game), I can't understand why people would be upset with them adding them.

    It seems to me that you either simply want attention from people by posting a completely pointless "anti-whatever blizzard has done to wow lately" thread, or you truly cannot stand other people getting something that they will enjoy.

    The fact that these weapons, transmogging, etc., etc., are in the game should not detract from your play experience, unless your narrow-minded view of how things must be in WoW is so twisted that you must condemn a large portion of the playerbase - that not only enjoys these things, but vehemently asks Blizzard for them - to playing the game that you, personally, think that WoW should be.

  4. #224
    Fluffy Kitten Lokann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Trapped in Rykha's basement
    Posts
    12,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    But isnt those just "extra" content for patch? Dont see the big problem here.
    Ayup, it's a tiny little extra in a bloody massive patch. But hey, let's make a ruckus over it, like these forums always do.



  5. #225
    I bet the OP is one of those people that complained how blizzard is wasting their precious development time on the Transmog when it could've been used to develop "real" content.

    Seriously, flavor stuffs like these is what keeps the players coming for more.

  6. #226
    I actually understand and respect the OPs point. I tend to agree with him.

    Despite the bad raid boss models in DS, I enjoyed the hell out of DS. Despite no underwater raid, I've enjoyed transmog and Cataclysm. I still think Blizzard rehashes a lot of content, and it feels pretty lazy.

  7. #227
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,748
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    That paired up with transmorg. old bosses making a comeback via "merely a set back" or cavern of times
    Is it a sign that they are desperate to make players feel nostalgic and keep playing or they simply aren`t coming up with new ideas because the team is weaker and/or they are focused on titan ?
    Sure you can argue it`s just a hammer but we know better when it comes to bringing back old stuff in the last couple of years..
    Well many people wanted old models items that were unobtanaible when the transmog options came out, and Blizz make those people happy (like me), BTW these is not like a great addition, is not like they gave those models to the new raid items or new valor/quest/reputation items, so i don't see a real reason to mad about

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Cop out
    To avoid fulfilling a commitment or responsibility; renege
    So no, it's not a cop out.

    But people WERE asking for a continuance in the Troll-lore.
    People were asking them to update the old world.
    And people asked for old unobtainable models to be brought back into the game.

    Yet no, according to the allknowing Conscious it's because they are too lazy to make new stuff.
    And when they do make new stuff, you probably have a seat reserved at front row to complain about it and claim how the 'old stuff was better'.
    I'm glad you took the time to go get the webster/wiktionary definition of cop out, but Zul'Aman and Naxxramas were rehashed cop outs, and that is just two examples, so you're still wrong. Just because some things were requested, doesn't mean others were, or were even implemented in a proper fashion.
    Last edited by A Challenger!; 2013-02-28 at 10:39 PM.

  9. #229
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,984
    Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    I'm glad you took the time to go get the webster/wiktionary definition of cop out, but Zul'Aman and Naxxramas were rehashed cop outs, and that is just two examples, so you're still wrong. Just because some things were requested, doesn't mean others were, or were even implemented in a proper fashion.
    So even though I gave the definition of cop out, you still keep claiming it's a cop-out when I just gave proof that it isn't?

    Yes, that are two examples of rehashes.
    It are also the only two examples.

    And most things (almost everything) that some 'people' here call 'cop outs' were actually requested.
    Keeping up to date to what people on the fora ask might be a good way to inform yourself on this matter.

  10. #230
    Blizzard been "desperate" for what... 4 years now? /sigh

    Screw the definition of cop-out lets look up desperate. What makes you desperate raking in gobs of cash?



    Community Manager: Many users have been requesting transmogs of old expansion patterns, weapon models to be specific.

    Dev1: Ok, maybe we can get that in if we finish all this new content.

    Dev2: I am about to finish touching up these hundred models I was assigned.

    Dev Team Lead: Reports from upstairs are that our dwindling user base needs a bit of the reminder why they loved TBC so much.

    Dev1: Oh Dear God! Attunements?

    Dev2: I know! Moroes trash or farming soulshards?

    Dev Team Lead: Ha Ha, No. Just the give them some old weapon models as patterns so they can make them for transmog. ...and check the forums after you announce it. /trollface

    Dev Team Lead: (to Community Manager) I don't envy you.

    Dev3: (sticks head in with foam sword) FOR THE SCRYERS!!!!

    Dev Team Lead: (to Dev3) Get back in your Titan Hole, you creten. Don't come out unless you find Kaplan.

  11. #231
    The Lightbringer NatePsychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    3,702
    Personally I'm stoked they're giving us these weapons again, my DK could not get his hands on the plans in time but my main had them back in the day but since they were BoP, I could not simply make them for my DK. Cop out you say? No, that's just insanely stupid and you're crazy if you think 5.2 is a rehash patch, ITS ONLY A FEW WEAPONS! There's like what? 100+ unique armor/weapons in the raids, that's a lot of art! Then you have the recolors aswell AND all the unique NPC's and new questing hub, come on people stop with the rehash shit.

    They're extras, they didn't have to implement them in this way, but they chose to because -gasp- THE COMMUNITY WANTED THEM BACK! Hard to believe there's BC players and individuals past BC that really wanted them back, isn't it? You know what Blizzard is doing right there? A selfless service to the Community because the request was so popular but they just didn't know when the right time to implement them was, I think their return in this manner is awesome and they couldn't have picked a better time and place to implement them.

    You guys throwing out the words "cop out" and "rehash" need to seriously Google up the meaning of these sayings.
    Last edited by NatePsychotic; 2013-02-28 at 11:54 PM.

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So even though I gave the definition of cop out, you still keep claiming it's a cop-out when I just gave proof that it isn't?

    Yes, that are two examples of rehashes.
    It are also the only two examples.
    Did you really just tell me I was wrong, then go on to agree with me that those were indeed two examples of rehashed cop-outs that could have been actual content, but weren't?

    wh-

    You can't see why that is so funny, or why it is such a logical fallacy, can you. Yes, I gave you two examples, but there are plenty more. I'd just be wasting my time though if I went into other examples, as you'd only continue to rail on about how I am wrong and probably call me a 'hater' or some such.

    Quick EDIT: I wasn't even talking about things that were requested either, so er... You're really phishing for ways to counter my statement.
    Last edited by A Challenger!; 2013-02-28 at 11:57 PM.

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    They want to put out 'new' content without actually having to -make- the content.
    Sooo....you're saying them bringing back BC weapon models is rehashing old content and that's indicative of Blizz's modus operandi now...but the 13-boss raid and the new daily quest island is irrelevant.

    They're "rehashing" old weapon models IN ADDITION TO introducing new armor AND weapon models AND NPC models...but let's ignore the new models and just focus on the "rehashed" old models they're adding back in.

  14. #234
    Elemental Lord Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    8,764
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    That paired up with transmorg. old bosses making a comeback via "merely a set back" or cavern of times
    Is it a sign that they are desperate to make players feel nostalgic and keep playing or they simply aren`t coming up with new ideas because the team is weaker and/or they are focused on titan ?
    Sure you can argue it`s just a hammer but we know better when it comes to bringing back old stuff in the last couple of years..


    Yeah gee it's a real shame that's the only thing they're releasing this entire content patch...


    OH WAIT... you mean to tell me that they're introducing an entire new raid, with 13 new bosses, all with new models (and in some cases, more than one new model per boss fight) in a completely new raid environment on a completely new island, with numerous tiers of new gear to go with said bosses?



    Do you people honestly think about your arguments before you post them?
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  15. #235
    Pandaren Monk Klutzington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Murrica, of course.
    Posts
    1,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Returning old weapons for transmog isn't reharsh...
    But it's reason to cry for QQers
    Or a genuine concern/opinion from someone who pays for the same game, just like you.

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    That paired up with transmorg. old bosses making a comeback via "merely a set back" or cavern of times
    Is it a sign that they are desperate to make players feel nostalgic and keep playing or they simply aren`t coming up with new ideas because the team is weaker and/or they are focused on titan ?
    Sure you can argue it`s just a hammer but we know better when it comes to bringing back old stuff in the last couple of years..
    Um... your post couldn't be any dumber if it tried.

    Mists is full of new content, new models, music, new everything. And in case you weren't aware (and the general ineptitude of your post strongly suggests that you aren't) countless people ASKED Blizzardto bring back the BC crafting epics for transmog, in fact I am one of the people who has made such a post.

    Doesn't have a thing to do with Titan, or with them 'rehashing' anything. Its them giving us something many people wanted. FFS.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2013-03-01 at 04:45 AM.

  17. #237
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    16,811
    i see no rehashing here

    just gifts

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    Or a genuine concern/opinion from someone who pays for the same game, just like you.
    Except it isn't a 'genuine concern' - its a recycled, uninformed cliche that spews the same 'hurhur all teh good employeez r working on titan guess teh b team is lazy and all they do is rehash old content' stupidity we've seen a thousand other places and a thousand other times.

  19. #239
    Pandaren Monk Klutzington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Murrica, of course.
    Posts
    1,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Except it isn't a 'genuine concern' - its a recycled, uninformed cliche that spews the same 'hurhur all teh good employeez r working on titan guess teh b team is lazy and all they do is rehash old content' stupidity we've seen a thousand other places and a thousand other times.
    The guy I responded to is the same way. "Hurr durr yer wrong QQ moar babee." Basically.

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    The guy I responded to is the same way. "Hurr durr yer wrong QQ moar babee." Basically.
    Because the "complaint" isn't valid at all. If I'm eating at a fancy restaurant that serves me high quality steaks and someone came up to me and said "dude they sell offbrand soda it's a sign this restaurant will go bankrupt" you can't say that's "genuine concern." Some "concerns" and complaints are completely unfounded and hyperbolic, as was this one. You can NOT, in any good faith, claim Blizzard is simply rehashing content in a patch with 13 bosses and a new island.

    Sure, "yer wrong QQ moar babee" is a poor way of communicating, but the logic behind it is sound: there's absolutely no reason to complain about "rehashing" content because there's a dearth of new content.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •