Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsterbom View Post
    I'm sure it's going to be lovely with half the server runing around with glaives and thunderfurys.
    Only copy-cats and narrow minded people would do so, I believe.... Most people I know do transmog for one reason only. To have their toons look unique. With everyone and their grandma chasing after old tiers and old weapons, those become mass products and lose their individual value of having a unique toon.

Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    That paired up with transmorg. old bosses making a comeback via "merely a set back" or cavern of times
    Is it a sign that they are desperate to make players feel nostalgic and keep playing or they simply aren`t coming up with new ideas because the team is weaker and/or they are focused on titan ?
    Sure you can argue it`s just a hammer but we know better when it comes to bringing back old stuff in the last couple of years..
    No, that's just a bunch of jaded arbitrary cynicism that offers no room for reasonable discussion. If Blizzard was interested in just rehashing as much as they could to cut corners and save money they wouldn't create over 100 unique bamboo tree models for the Jade Forest zone alone. It's easy to just sit there and ignore the polish and extra efforts Blizzard goes to and just focus on whatever you want to support your "observation".

You also completely just dismiss the value of nostalgia and a persistent alternative world we're spending time in that we care about, and that's just pretentious. Nostalgia has value and you're making it seem like nothing but a superficial cop out.

The cop out seems to be in the broad generalizations and sweeping conclusions you're leaping to without applying your thinking more to the context of these issues.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsterbom View Post
    I'm sure it's going to be lovely with half the server runing around with glaives and thunderfurys.
    For about a month and then people will find something different to transmog to. It's no different than paladin T2/T6. Saw a lot of that as predicted right after Transmog was introduced, and now see it very rarely.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Only copy-cats and narrow minded people would do so, I believe.... Most people I know do transmog for one reason only. To have their toons look unique. With everyone and their grandma chasing after old tiers and old weapons, those become mass products and lose their individual value of having a unique toon.
    That's just people trying to be special though, Transmog IMO wasn't added so you can feel like a special snowflake, or unique, most people i know and myself, use it to make our character look how we want not what we feel is more unique
    That said, i use the normal Gladiator first season Druid set, Which so far I've seen only a few other druids with, and i use Halberd of Smiting as my weapon, which I've seen noone with as it hasn't been available for a long time now^^ so i have a mix of the two, but only because i love the look, not because of how rare i think it is

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just believe that epics should remain epic. And immersion is a big part of why i play mmos
    Having said that i really dont like seeing for example warriors with season 2 weapons or molten core gear it is odd and off-place in a fantasy world..if we evolve and increase in power level and in game knowledge we shouldnt be looking back.
    This was blizzard`s mind-set as well once, but now it seems they are treating wow as some sort of colourful i-store or battlefield heroes equipment store

One of these days people might understand.

Epic does not mean it's hard to get nor does it mean it requires a lot of work

All Epic means is how many stats it will receive. THAT IS ALL it means.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is literally almost nothing about the upcoming patched that is old, stale, or rehashed.

Blizzard rolls out a large raid in quick sucession of the previous tier being cleared, and people still bitch and moan.

OP, your argument makes no sense in the slightest.

My God. Nostalgia is what's truly killing this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    That may be so but they lose their uniqueness, and we all know how we are saddly acostumed to that in wow not so recentely
    Soon enough they may allow legendaries to be transmorg..can you imagine the amount of glaives ? it is not so farfetched that they may actually do it

Also i find it amazing that we can`t have a mature discussion about this without some teenager screaming "OMG SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE"
    We "all" know? I don't care about uniqueness, I want to transmog my loved Stormherald, and Blizzard let me again, good enough! And I feel still more unique then everybody else!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    OP, your argument makes no sense in the slightest.

My God. Nostalgia is what's truly killing this game.
    Now you are in another thread with your over-dramatized and patronizing "my opinion is better than yours" -opinions. Gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Well considering those can only be use by certain classes/speccs we wouldn't see "half" a server unless there was about 5people on said server:P
    4 classes can use glaives and there are no restriction on thunderfury, blizzard made the right call excluding legedaries from transmog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

cause it`s being done way too often
    It is fine to do so for 1 or two old things, like unstoppable force or dirke or ice barbed spear, whatever
    We should be moving forward not dwelling in the past
    The irony of your statement doesn't escape me :P

But yeah they added a single new old weapon for people to make, a choice that doesn't affect gameplay in any way whatsoever and is purely just a "hey guys remember this? Did you like it? Here, you can have it again!" design choice. Ooooh, scary! It's all rehashed content! WoW's dying and such!

You don't like it, don't use it. It's a very very simple concept to grasp. This isn't some remodeling of an old dungeon or a raid; these are entirely optional items that you can use to alter the appearance of your weapons and armor in ways that you see fit. Nothing more, nothing less. So your complaints about Blizzard "rehashing" items- that you are in no way required to obtain I might add- are completely asinine and almost fully without merit.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Horseface View Post
    Now you are in another thread with your over-dramatized and patronizing "my opinion is better than yours" -opinions. Gtfo.
    Telling someone to get out of here in a thread isn't exactly mature either.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    umm granting availabilty to old items which were no longer available != rehashing content....the content never changed/re-worked...just given to people via different means for xmog purposes and server no other practical means.

Bad trolls are bad

If you don't understand what the word "rehash" means, stop bloody using it!

And if you don't like the game stop bloody playing it instead of whining about meaningless stuff on internet forums.

I still have my skillherald and dragonstrike, and couldn't care less if other people had them too.
    Mine won't have xxxx, Reborn behind them so that's my prestige.

That paired up with transmorg. old bosses making a comeback via "merely a set back" or cavern of times
    Is it a sign that they are desperate to make players feel nostalgic and keep playing or they simply aren`t coming up with new ideas because the team is weaker and/or they are focused on titan ?
    Sure you can argue it`s just a hammer but we know better when it comes to bringing back old stuff in the last couple of years..
    You do realize that introducing these probably took them no more than a few minutes total?

15+ Year Old Account
    LOL at the community, AGAIN Blizzard wants to be cool and give us cool stuff, AGAIN PEOPLE COMPLAIN, FUCK SAKE
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

"Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Why are you still playing then :P ?

whoa a " Rehashing " thread...

It's been a while.
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.