Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question I wanna buy Guild Wars 2 but a got a question

So I want to buy it but just one question, since it seems to be a one time payment I wanted to ask if it really is. I mean is there limited storage and you need to buy more? Are there limited areas that you need to buy? Expansions? Is there even a shop in game for premium items? All info will help.

Thanks in advance.

No. All the items you can buy from them are cosmetic. You can explore and do everything another player can. The only difference is fun stuff that doesnt effect the world of the gameplay one bit.
    My dad once told me that aslong as religion existed, even I could make my own fantasy buddys

Thanks a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    There currently are no expansions but as with all games when they release one you will have to buy it to access it.

I do think things like extra storage can be purchased with gems, but nothing that affects character power. Also, you can buy gems either for real world money or for in game gold, and there is a dedicated part of your bank for gathered mats so even with the default storage you have a good amount of space. You also buy extra bag slots for gems, but can also get bigger bags for your starting slots.

There is nothing in the cash shop that you cannot do without, and if you really want something you can always convert gold to gems

Did they release an expansion before and old players needed to buy it? When was this game released anyway?

---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 03:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    I do think things like extra storage can be purchased with gems, but nothing that affects character power. Also, you can buy gems either for real world money or for in game gold, and there is a dedicated part of your bank for gathered mats so even with the default storage you have a good amount of space. You also buy extra bag slots for gems, but can also get bigger bags for your starting slots.

There is nothing in the cash shop that you cannot do without, and if you really want something you can always convert gold to gems
    I find that idea of converting in game money to premium currency awesome. I always have lots of money in mmorpgs but kinda poor when it comes to real life

There is limited storage. You only get 5 character slots (there are 8 classes). You also only get one bank tab (30 slots IIRC), which is not sufficient for most people. Additional bag spaces can also be purchased.

The gem store interface is accessible in game. It also has cosmetic items, boosters, dyes, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing you can't buy with gold eventually. You can buy gems as currency for stuff like extra bag slots, extra character slots etc. But you can buy gems with gold too. Keep in mind that gold is harder to come by in GW2 than in WoW. Or at least that's what I noticed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buy View Post
    So I want to buy it but just one question, since it seems to be a one time payment I wanted to ask if it really is. I mean is there limited storage and you need to buy more? Are there limited areas that you need to buy? Expansions? Is there even a shop in game for premium items? All info will help.

Thanks in advance.
    You get one bank tab and 5 bag slots with the game. You can use gems to buy more, but you don't have to spend cash to buy gems, you can use ingame gold.
    Btw, the bank tab is shared by all your characters.

You get access to the entire game, there are no expansions yet. Monthly content patches are included free of charge.

The gem store sells vanity and convenience items only, no power ups.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Did they release an expansion before and old players needed to buy it? When was this game released anyway?
    The game was released in August of last year, so it's still pretty new. There have been several major content patches, including new areas and large holiday events - those are not premium, any patch content is downloaded and patched in via the launcher.

You will have to pay extra for actual expansions in the future, but there is currently no actual gameplay-content in the game which premium. They haven't confirmed any dates or anything for future expansions, but guild wars 1 had quite a few so it's logical to assume over the years there will be some.... but as the game is only 6 months old right now, probably not for a while.

There is a premium shop, which includes unlocking new character slot, unlocking extra bank tabs/backpack slots and some premium items which are aesthetic/skins. The premium shop uses gems as a currency, gems can be bought with real money OR in-game gold, so there is absolutely nothing that is accessable purely with real money, it can all be earned in game, it just takes longer.

Things you can spend money to buy:
    -Cosmetic/Non-combat Clothing
    -Character Slots
    -Bank Slots
    -Back Pack Slots
    -Character Re-customization
    -Boosts(Exp and such)
    -Mini Pets
    -Keys to open Luck Boxes
    -Upgrade to the digital deluxe version of the game

You can also convert in game gold to "gems" and vice versa. Gems are what you buy with real money.
    So you can technically buy anything the game currently has to offer with in game currency... or real money.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Deleted
    As other said, you've got your bags and bank, but in GW2 you also have an extra storage for raw mats (all the differents kind of food/cloth/metal/wood/herbs/dust etc.) that you can fill from anywhere in the game. So you can go on a long gathering trip and when your bags are full of mats, even if you're in the middle of a desert, you just have to click a button to send it to this special place and empty your bags.
    Later when you're back in town, you just have to go to your profession workshop to use them here automatically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aSynchro View Post
    As other said, you've got your bags and bank, but in GW2 you also have an extra storage for raw mats (all the differents kind of food/cloth/metal/wood/herbs/dust etc.) that you can fill from anywhere in the game. So you can go on a long gathering trip and when your bags are full of mats, even if you're in the middle of a desert, you just have to click a button to send it to this special place and empty your bags.
    Later when you're back in town, you just have to go to your profession workshop to use them here automatically.

The collectibles deposit and store function is amazing. Almost 400 slots, stores specific items, stacks of 250 items per slot.
    Comes with the game.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    There is limited storage. You only get 5 character slots (there are 8 classes). You also only get one bank tab (30 slots IIRC), which is not sufficient for most people. Additional bag spaces can also be purchased.

The gem store interface is accessible in game. It also has cosmetic items, boosters, dyes, etc.
    The bank is sufficient considering that almost everything goes into your collection tab, bags are easy to come by and everyone has a potential guild bank.

I filled my bank but I'm a lazy hoarder.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    The bank is sufficient considering that almost everything goes into your collection tab, bags are easy to come by and everyone has a potential guild bank.
    Well, I had to make a guild bank because my personal bank is stuffed full of account bound crap I can't put anywhere else. I don't consider that sufficient, but everyone's different.

only thing I use my bank for anymore are armor sets. I don't keep any of the garbage like tonics

Quote Originally Posted by Buy View Post

Thanks in advance.
    There is limited storage and character slots.

However, in game gold can be turned into cash shop currency that can then be used to buy extra storage/character slots.

As a note, I have been playing since beta. I have yet to ever fill my bags or bank space to this day.

only time i fill my bags is when I'm in orr and I forget to vendor stuff

Let's see... BL keys, transmutation stones (both types), bank/merchant/trader express, mystic forge stones, repair canisters, revive orbs, karma jugs, BL salvaging kits/tools, jugs of karma, Toymaker's bag (lvl 10 account bound backpiece, I am an altoholic you know), MF & karma boosters, badges of honor, seals of Beetletun (lord help me if I'd run any other currency giving dungeons), etc.

I recently had to empty out half my bank onto an alt just so I could fit a transmuted set of gear in there to give to another alt. x_X

ahh so you are a hoarder type, I mostly always use stuff when I get them. Only things I save, other than armor, are the t-stones.