Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Let the cuts go through and see where the chips fall. It seems defense sector will be hit and it is bloated as is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here are the results of Obama's bipartisan National Commission on Fiscal Responsobility and reform:

http://www.fiscalcommission.gov/site...h12_1_2010.pdf

It looks like Obama has reached around the aisle. Is it just that he gave the reach around to the wrong republicans?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    It looks like Obama has reached around the aisle. Is it just that he gave the reach around to the wrong republicans?
    He could do all of those things, and give them a Unicorn that lays golden eggs, and they still wouldn't pass it. All these budget talks are a political game of hot potato, and everyone is just trying to make sure they aren't the last person to touch it.

Obama is not saying the amount of the cuts is bad. The way they are imposed is half assed at best. They are done with a butcher knife and not a scaple. That is the problem. The cuts were MADE TO BE extremely scary and fuck stuff up if they went through...and now they are going through.

That is why he is freaking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    He is validating his preconceived ideals with a list put out by a company owned by the Koch brothers. What more can we expect?
    I don't really care about sources of lists, because for all their fun subsidies, contracts and legislation they've received and lobbied for their criticisms of government spending isn't entirely unfounded. It just bothers me when criticism becomes as partisan as the politicians themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    This is the same guy who believes in virgin births.
    Are you for real it was a sarcastic statement to introduce a little humor in a post You have no clue what my beliefs are and you are pretty low to flame anyone for any of their beliefs would you criticize a Muslim for any of their beliefs and how about Obama he says he is Christian does that mean you will also criticize him for those beliefs? does that make Obama not fit for office?

You have used the old liberal tactic " cant debate the message so you personally attack the messenger"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    I don't really care about sources of lists, because for all their fun subsidies, contracts and legislation they've received and lobbied for their criticisms of government spending isn't entirely unfounded. It just bothers me when criticism becomes as partisan as the politicians themselves.
    That's what I am saying. This list is being used as a way to blame Obama for the current state of the country's finances, and is put out by one of the largest contributors to Republican/Tea Party members. It's not a non-partisan objective list, especially when it is used by the OP to say that it is "all their fault" meaning Democrats.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have used the old liberal tactic " cant debate the message so you personally attack the messenger"
    Liberals don't just do this.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    http://www.cbo.gov/publication/43951

^ Slide show that has what the real problem is. Social security and medicare are not solvent.
    SS and Medicare are fine, we just need to wait out the baby boomers.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not 2.4% to many of the programs that will be cut, it is also a very poorly applied cut where each line item in a departments budget must be uniformly cut. So this means we can't cut just the tanks we dont need out of the military budget, in fact we can only cut ~9% of them and then we must also cut an equal percentage from veterans assistance, training, etc.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    Are you for real it was a sarcastic statement to introduce a little humor in a post You have no clue what my beliefs are and you are pretty low to flame anyone for any of their beliefs would you criticize a Muslim for any of their beliefs and how about Obama he says he is Christian does that mean you will also criticize him for those beliefs? does that make Obama not fit for office?

How am I supposed to know it was sarcasm?

And yes, I will criticize all ridiculous beliefs. I prefer living in a world where we value empirical evidence and make decisions based on facts, not on fairy tales and biases.

I'm also not a American, so it's not like I'm invested in this debate. It was more as a warning to those who wanted to continue to discuss with you.

Edit: You're also the same guy who kept evading questions in that thread, cognitive dissonance much?
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2013-02-26 at 04:01 PM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    He could do all of those things, and give them a Unicorn that lays golden eggs, and they still wouldn't pass it. All these budget talks are a political game of hot potato, and everyone is just trying to make sure they aren't the last person to touch it.
    I agree 100%. These attempts to paint Obama as a partison rogue, need a few more months. He just signed the Bush tax cuts to be permanent. Too soon...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Wait, didn't the white house design the sequester in the first place?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    And yes, I will criticize all ridiculous beliefs. I prefer living in a world where we value empirical evidence and make decisions based on facts, not on fairy tales and biases.
    Bias doesn't exist in the scientific community?

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    No, but he signed it as a compromise to the Republicans. It was designed to be intentionally bad in the hopes a bipartisan compromise would be reached. However, apparently a "98% solution" with Republicans isn't even enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sequester was designed to be so bad no one would be willing to accept it and a compromised would be forced. "oops".
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Did I say it doesn't? Read my post again.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    It was designed to get both sides to stop being little bitches and come to an agreement. It was intentionally ridiculous.

A result skewed by bias is often quickly dis-proven. There are loads of scientists out there eager to publish and make legitimate names for themselves.