Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Wow, I had no idea there were people that still believe the Iraq war was a good idea. You'd have to be trying to get everything wrong to believe this.
    Because we needed to turn Iraq into an unstable breeding ground for terrorists, apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    do you want me to make a list of every time some one is critical of Obama Bush is brought up? just in this thread alone Bushs name was used 187 times
    There isn't a statute of limitations in regards to discussing the actions of former presidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    There isn't a statute of limitations in regards to discussing the actions of former presidents.
    of coarse not what else would be used to divert attention away from the current presidents failures

of coarse not what else would be used to divert attention away from the current presidents failures
    Yet earlier in this thread you said that what happened under Reagan could be blamed on Carter.

Oh right, that wasn't you, that was some commenter on Yahoo Answers.

the lefts default mode bring up Bush. the statute of limitations
    of Blame Bush ended 2 years ago
    So where do the mouth-breathing idiots on the right continue to place the blame for everything from the failures of U.S. intelligence agencies before 9/11 to the financial crisis of 2008/2009?

Two words: Jimmy. Carter.

But you're right in a way... it's not entirely Bush's fault.

Much of the blame should be placed on the shoulders of the people who voted for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about Reagan? How long are Republicans going to push failed ideology and claim it's Reagan's way?

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 03:58 PM ----------

Bush was the last president, who's tax cuts just became permanent. There is a reason why the man who started two wars during his administration is being brought up, while the wars are still active. Now explain to me how republicans can still ride Reagan from 30 years ago, while whining about a comparison to the last president?

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 04:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    So where do the mouth-breathing idiots on the right continue to place the blame for everything from the failures of U.S. intelligence agencies before 9/11 to the financial crisis of 2008/2009?
    I think a great example is what Bush sr coined as Voodoo economics. We have republicans pushing the idea of trickle down theory, where the only merit was being Reagan's plan. If you remove Reagan from trickle down theory, all you are left with is an economic system that doubled the debt, widened the wealth gap and Gordon Gekko being the model or epitome of success.
    Last edited by Felya; 2013-03-06 at 04:16 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just fine with talking about Obama's horrible qualities. That doesn't mean that Bush didn't make any mistakes, or that we can't talk about said mistakes in relation to our current situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just fine with talking about Obama's horrible qualities. That doesn't mean that Bush didn't make any mistakes, or that we can't talk about said mistakes in relation to our current situation.
    I think if people check the previous page, they will be surprised by who and in what context, Bush was brought up. It was in response to people calling Vyxn out for not being specific about Obama lying. He went off on this don't blame Bush tangent, when someone said they have not heard Obama directly lie. While using 'Iran has WMDs' as an example. Something, that Iran openly wants now, not only at the time of Bush. It was Vyxn, who used it to divert from having to come up with direct lies of Obama.

It's like the race card. At this point, it's most likely that the race card would be used to disparage those who are accused of using it. You are more likely to see people complain that Obama got voted in for playing the race card, than people using Obama's race as any justification.
    Last edited by Felya; 2013-03-06 at 05:02 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Here here. No president exists in a vacuum. Obama has screwed up, hell, every president could have done far better than they did in retrospect. The fact remains that Bush II created far more problems than he ever solved, and those problems are gonna haunt not just Obama, but the whole country for possibly decades. While any given president can be chipped away at after the fact, Bush II was practically toxic.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    SS and Medicare are fine, we just need to wait out the baby boomers.
    "Wait it out, maybe it will get better" is not a plan. Keep in mind that life expectancy has gone up, and population growth has slowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Looks like the big apocalypse doom and groom narrative that Obama has threatened the American people with is nothing but fail

According to the latest ABC news poll 61-33 percent supports the sequester except cuts to the military http://abcnews.go.com/m/blogEntry?id=18664425

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    "Wait it out, maybe it will get better" is not a plan. Keep in mind that life expectancy has gone up, and population growth has slowed.
    There's also rampant sectarian violence and a breeding ground for terrorists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the big apocalypse doom and groom narrative that Obama has threatened the American people with is nothing but fail

According to the latest ABC news poll 61-33 percent supports the sequester except cuts to the military http://abcnews.go.com/m/blogEntry?id=18664425
    Dude, none of the cuts have even had time to take effect yet. What were you expecting to happen? The sequester hit at midnight and by 6 am we would be in Mad Max mode? The economy is like steering a battleship, changes take time to manifest. Also, polls of normal shlubs < subject matter expert testimony any day of the week.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Wow, I had no idea there were people that still believe the Iraq war was a good idea. You'd have to be trying to get everything wrong to believe this.
    Some people are unable to see the big picture i guess.

Starting your statement with, "Wow i had no idea" then fail horribly at making a point on what you actually disagree'd with in my statement? LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by DieFichte View Post
    what shit would come down anyway?
    Their nuclear program? Actually wiping isreal off the face of the map like they say? Not sure if your familiar with iran or not.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Some people are unable to see the big picture i guess.

Starting your statement with, "Wow i had no idea" then fail horribly at making a point on what you actually disagree'd with in my statement? LMAO
    No, really, I had no idea there were people so pathologically incapable of changing their mind about things that they still insist the Iraq War was a good idea. I thought even you'd have gotten this one right.

You've have to have made an actual point for me to address it with something other than snark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Their nuclear program? Actually wiping isreal off the face of the map like they say? Not sure if your familiar with iran or not.
    Sounds like hell of a strategy for them. Let's blow Israel to pieces, the world would totally sanction, attack and invade our own country, so we probably loose everything, but that's the sacrifice we make to destroy Israel. Yes I'm familiar with Iran, but I guess I should trust American judgement when it comes to nukes, as you are without a doubt the experts on that.

And the threat on destroying Israel, well it came from the Iranian government, which has so much power, I nearly can take it serious.
    Last edited by DieFichte; 2013-03-06 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Dude, none of the cuts have even had time to take effect yet. What were you expecting to happen? The sequester hit at midnight and by 6 am we would be in Mad Max mode? The economy is like steering a battleship, changes take time to manifest. Also, polls of normal shlubs < subject matter expert testimony any day of the week.
    I said the Narrative was fail
    Obama spent the last two weeks going around making speeches of doom and gloom if the sequester went through, but according to the ABC poll the public just blew him off didn't believe a word he said, or if they did believe him they didn't care they rather have the cuts other then the cuts to the military

I said the Narrative was fail
    Obama spent the last two weeks going around making speeches of doom and gloom if the sequester went through, but according to the ABC poll the public just blew him off didn't believe a word he said, or if they did believe him they didn't care they rather have the cuts other then the cuts to the military
    What on earth are you talking about? Just because the ABC poll says that a 61% support cuts doesn't mean there won't be "doom and gloom" from the sequester. The American people as a whole aren't exactly known for being well informed (this isn't nation bashing, I'm American).

I say we just kick them all the hell out. You can't trust Democrats or Republicans. They do whatever the hell they want to with our money because it isn't theirs that they're spending.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saerise View Post
    I say we just kick them all the hell out. You can't trust Democrats or Republicans. They do whatever the hell they want to with our money because it isn't theirs that they're spending.
    American people need to simply figure out how to be as influential in government, as American people we call corporations.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 04:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    What on earth are you talking about? Just because the ABC poll says that a 61% support cuts doesn't mean there won't be "doom and gloom" from the sequester. The American people as a whole aren't exactly known for being well informed (this isn't nation bashing, I'm American).
    You don't have to even claim they are uninformed, when his opposition in congress was saying the same thing as Obama. Yet, it was the Mitch McConnell lead republicans in the senate who's proposed solution wasn't actually any cuts, but to give Obama the full responsibility for cuts. Well, until he used a filibuster to kill his own solution. I think it lasted for a total of 45 minutes.
    Last edited by Felya; 2013-03-07 at 04:07 PM.