Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blacksmith Ghost Iron Levelling 1-500 Bar Requirement: 4412

*Link Added*

So I saw the front page and decided to make up a really quick and messy spreadsheet to math our the skills up and requirements of levelling Blacksmithing 1-500 with just Ghost iron. It came out to 4412 bars or 8824 ore, whicever way you wanna look at it.

Just thought I'd give a heads up for those interested in going BS come 5.2 like me.

Link to Googledocs to see, abit late but saw this on first page so thought meh why not since I still had the excel file on my comp :P
    Link
    Last edited by Valex; 2013-03-20 at 08:07 AM.

Shit that would be like 22k on my server whereas I just leveled BS myself and lazily bought ore and smelted it the whole way for like 7k haha

The info on the front page seems to conflict with the patch notes, as the patch notes say you won't be able to use the new Ghost Iron recipes until you're done Burning Crusade content

For blacksmiths who have lapsed in their trade (i.e., haven’t practiced blacksmithing since the Burning Crusade), there is a (not necessarily cost efficient) way to catch-up. Blacksmiths at your faction’s shrines in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms will be able to teach you training plans for crafting common household items using Ghost Iron.

Heh, Tbh I would only bother use Ghost Iron for stuff that gives more than 2 skills ups (most give 5, early stuff gives 7/10 skillups) and if they conflict with stuff that isn't on AH/ I cba to farm it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Xsinthis View Post
    The info on the front page seems to conflict with the patch notes, as the patch notes say you won't be able to use the new Ghost Iron recipes until you're done Burning Crusade content
    You're reading that way too literally....

They just mean that for people who have not maxed out Blacksmithing, you can now max it with Ghost Iron instead of farming or buying old ores/bars

This change sucks. I make a substantial part of my daily income by turning Ghost iron ore into Living steel belt buckles. Prices have already increased from 22g to 39g per stack while the price of belt buckles remains unchanged :|

Quote Originally Posted by Excaliban View Post
    This change sucks. I make a substantial part of my daily income by turning Ghost iron ore into Living steel belt buckles. Prices have already increased from 22g to 39g per stack while the price of belt buckles remains unchanged :|
    The Buckle prices aren't dictated so much by lack of BS so much that it is dictated by the one a day transmute CD.

Don't worry, once the ghost iron prices settle and find a new median all crafted items will soon follow.

Saw this coming a mile away. It's there to be a stopgap to cover either costly sections or sections you're having trouble finding ore to cover.

Over 4000 bars. Yikes - while it is a nightmare to level with old world mats (done it on 2 chars so far), I am not sure this change will see me go through with my plans to level BS on my new tank....
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

8824Ores.
    Each stack 40g on our Server.
    8824/20=441*40g=17648gold.
    Ya, I wont level another blacksmith with ghost iron ore only :>

Quote Originally Posted by Snowe View Post
    8824Ores.
    Each stack 40g on our Server.
    8824/20=441*40g=17648gold.
    Ya, I wont level another blacksmith with ghost iron ore only :>
    I think the intent is to use ghost iron to fill in the gaps that are a pita (I'm looking at you fel iron and cobalt). I wouldn't use ghost iron for, say, 1-75 - copper is much, much cheaper and easier and plentiful to find.

Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

While it is expensive the whole way I take it as this is meant to help you on those places where you find yourself a bit stuck because you need some special mat for everything.
    Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind

Quote Originally Posted by Orgrim Doomhammer View Post
    While it is expensive the whole way I take it as this is meant to help you on those places where you find yourself a bit stuck because you need some special mat for everything.
    Yeah pretty much this. It isn't worth going all the way to max with just the training plans, it's insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Then the [MMORPG] genre started attracting more players. These players wanted more of a "game" and less of a "world" [...]

Heh ore is 60-80g/stack at any point during the week on my server, bars are 150g+/stack, you should count yourself lucky.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I got 2000 bars on manno horde ready to sell.

Too bad is a dead server

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I think the intent is to use ghost iron to fill in the gaps that are a pita (I'm looking at you fel iron and cobalt). I wouldn't use ghost iron for, say, 1-75 - copper is much, much cheaper and easier and plentiful to find.
    Why do I keep seeing people saying that Fel Iron is an issue? It was probably the cheapest and easiest stage of the entire 1-600 on both of my blacksmiths. At first I figured it was just a matter of some guy's server sucking for it but then I've seen like 30 posts from different people talking about it so it seems like suddenly I'm the odd one out in my experience.

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    Why do I keep seeing people saying that Fel Iron is an issue? It was probably the cheapest and easiest stage of the entire 1-600 on both of my blacksmiths. At first I figured it was just a matter of some guy's server sucking for it but then I've seen like 30 posts from different people talking about it so it seems like suddenly I'm the odd one out in my experience.
    depends on when you leveled BS. Pre-CRZ, Fel iron could be easily farmed or purchased for ~ 30g/stack on my server. Currently with CRZ, it takes about 45min-1hr to farm a stack of bars and is on the ah for around 250g/stack for ore (500g/stack for bars)

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalhen View Post
    depends on when you leveled BS. Pre-CRZ, Fel iron could be easily farmed or purchased for ~ 30g/stack on my server. Currently with CRZ, it takes about 45min-1hr to farm a stack of bars and is on the ah for around 250g/stack for ore (500g/stack for bars)
    This, and also the dispersion of the nodes makes it very annoying. It's the same thing for cobalt too. By contrast, adamantium and saronite are much more easier to farm.
    Same thing for obsidium and elementium, tbh.

BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

I'm surprised so many people are excited about this change. With the combination of Flying Mounts in Azeroth and only having to mine each node once instead of 3-6 times, farming ore is amazingly simple. Even relaxing, if you combine it with gathermate2 + gathermate2_Data + routes. After that you open a beer, turn on Lynyrd Skynyrd, and follow the white line to ore.
    Last edited by Nodus Cursorius; 2013-03-18 at 11:19 AM.