10+ Year Old Account

Looking for a suggestion on a race change

Well, like the title suggests, I'm looking to race change my Warlock. I am currently an Orc, but since I don't really play Demonology I felt that the 5% buff to pets was going to waste. I'm looking to change to either Undead, or Troll. Undead has the Touch of the Grave racial which seems like it'd be awesome for a lock or shadow priest, plus they just look badass. In 5.2, a good amount of the bosses are beasts, so the Troll's 5% beast slaying racial would be nice plus the temporary 20% haste buff. Not really sure which way to go here so I was looking for some suggestions.

I know the racial buffs are incredibly minor, so looks are also important to me which is why I am personally leaning towards Undead, but who knows, hearing some other fellow lock's opinions could change my mind

Deleted
    undead for awesomness, although troll beast slaying racial is going to be overpowered next patch with so many bosses in ToT being beasts or having beasts in their fights.

I'd say Foresaken given that their racial is a passive that deals extra damage without needing to check if the thing you are pewpewing is a beast or not. That and you can eat gnome babies. I'm a Human and I wish I could do that.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Quote Originally Posted by lydude View Post
    Well, like the title suggests, I'm looking to race change my Warlock. I am currently an Orc, but since I don't really play Demonology I felt that the 5% buff to pets was going to waste. I'm looking to change to either Undead, or Troll. Undead has the Touch of the Grave racial which seems like it'd be awesome for a lock or shadow priest, plus they just look badass. In 5.2, a good amount of the bosses are beasts, so the Troll's 5% beast slaying racial would be nice plus the temporary 20% haste buff. Not really sure which way to go here so I was looking for some suggestions.

I know the racial buffs are incredibly minor, so looks are also important to me which is why I am personally leaning towards Undead, but who knows, hearing some other fellow lock's opinions could change my mind
    With GoSac being nerfed even more, and destro and demo getting buffed, Orc will probably regain the throne. But not by much. Yeah, trolls may have it this tier with beast slaying though. But aren't there only 5 beasts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    With GoSac being nerfed even more, and destro and demo getting buffed, Orc will probably regain the throne. But not by much. Yeah, trolls may have it this tier with beast slaying though. But aren't there only 5 beasts?
    There's a handfull of beast bosses, but the most important ones, near the end, are not. If you have the money to spare to pay for race changes by all means go for it, but if not I'd just stick to the race you prefer or go Orc for the theoretical best option. The pet bonus racial is not as important as having Blood Fury easily line up with Dark Soul for cooldown stacking.

If I were you, and you really like Orc, I wouldn't race change, I prefer playing the character I like than getting a 1% damage increase. But, if you really want to go for the min-max plus some aesthetic, and as you seem to like Undead, I think that's the option to go.

I play Goblin myself, race changed from Undead right after Cataclysm launched (never really liked that race) and never looked back, but just because I love the way he is, never thought about his benefits... that little green evil called Sylar is awesome :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I went Undead. Orc's are just too big and don't look good in armor imo. I definitely like it, both aesthetically and in play style. Touch of the Grave did about as much damage as my Doomguard on heroic blade lord last night. And my T6 armor looks great on Undead. Got my wings back!

Undead ftw
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

Always Undead if you ignore racials (or only PvP).
    For T15 raiding Troll all the way.

yup i went troll for this tier. if you go troll make sure to go female(male trolls look awful in warlock gear)