Sha of Fear HC healing

Some crazy raid leader is wondering if I should not bring my disc priest to our Sha of Fear progression instead of my monk healer (best try was 1.6%), the priest was my main prior to MOP and will be my main in 5.2, but I didn't really heal with it (we had a disc priest before, so I went monk to help).. so story aside.

I can have a generic idea of how to heal P1, is there any part where spirit shell would be useful? can it soak a death blossom? Not that I care, it's P2 I want to care about.

What is a disc doing most of this fight, spamming PoH, put spirit shell up when the boss submerge to prevent huddle?

What glyphs do you use? PoM and PWS are useful for this one? Right now I have smite, holy fire and penance. I also saw a kill where the priest used divine star instead of cascade and it make me wonder why, maybe for add damage?

Thanks for any tips. I know the fight well now, after so many wipes, not entirely sure it's worth to switch at this point, but raid leader feels spirit shell would be awesome for the 7 add phase to prevent all the crap going on while if I ever get huddle there it's pretty much a wipe despite our 2 Hand of Purity in the raid.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Is this for 10m or 25m, would make a big difference regarding Spirit Shell usage.

If 10m, there's a good chance you'll cap Spirit Shell pretty easily, but since you'll be grouped a bit better, PW:Barrier might help and Divine Aegis stacking might help as well due to the higher frequency of ball throwing. Atonement healing p1 on the main platform should suffice, coupled with shields. You want to put out as much dps as possible via atonement and stack SS and aegis when huddle is about to come up. I would use the following glyhps: Penance, Holy Fire and either Smite or Pain Suppression.

If 25m, I don't feel disc brings a lot to the game compared to holy. As you're not breaking out huddled targets, you will need a lot of throughput and holy in Serenity Chakra has amazing single target throughput. Couple that with Divine Hymn and GS, you have, IMO, a larger toolkit than Disc. In 25m, you're a bit more spread out so PoH targeting might be an issue, PW:Barrier usage is an issue (dependent on raid positioning and strat). If single target damage on Sha is a problem, having a disc will help out greatly.

But I feel holy edges out disc here in 25m as having another raid throughput cooldown for the huddle rotation is invaluable.

Regarding your RL worrying about the 7 add phase, as holy I switched to Sanctuary Chakra to increase my AoE throughput and that helped out a ton.

Deleted
    Hi,

this fight is stupid as a disc priest. Focus on doing dmg and try to smite the hole fight.
    I use only a few spells, because i try to maximise my dmg.

p1: attoment heal + pw:s + maybe a few binding heals.
    p2: attoment heal + pw:s tank and every huddle target + a few (like 10 over the hole fight) PoH + maybe some fh for the huddle targets.

thats all i do the hole fight. I did 42mil. dmg in our firstkill and we had only one spawn of 6 adds, so the raid dmg can still be healed with attoment heal and a some poh.
    you could use SpS pom and 100 other spells, but for what ? if the boss dies fast there will never be critical raid dmg

Deleted
    From a 10 man perspective I was mainly just smiting in p2. SS before specials, but there is very little damage going on if you break the huddle fast and have control over the adds. I see you have just killed it (gratz!) but anyways - I used Cascade over Divine star, and glyphed Penance, Smite and Holy fire.

Deleted
    I can have a generic idea of how to heal P1, is there any part where spirit shell would be useful? can it soak a death blossom? Not that I care, it's P2 I want to care about.
    I haven't tried on hc but I'd imagine that you could soak death blossom with SS if you happened to get your group teleported over (=able to use PoH). If people can't sidestep properly you could also pop SS when you are approaching p2. Generally p1 is just atonement spam though.

What is a disc doing most of this fight, spamming PoH, put spirit shell up when the boss submerge to prevent huddle?
    I've yet to finish the entire fight on hc (it kinda broke my guild xP) but I feel like it's 90% atonement spam, you could use SS before specials as your raid gets accustomed to the fight (both before huddle and spout) and PW:S on huddles, however once people learn to deal with things I'd imagine that you just should focus on maixmizing your damage. Depending on the tank setup I could see some SSing on the tank before dread trash being useful as well.

What glyphs do you use? PoM and PWS are useful for this one? Right now I have smite, holy fire and penance. I also saw a kill where the priest used divine star instead of cascade and it make me wonder why, maybe for add damage?
    Smite, holy fire and penance, no contest. Cascade is definitely better than DS for healing on this fight, but since you definitely can handle the healing without cascade and damage is quite crucial I can see an argument made for DS.

Thanks for any tips. I know the fight well now, after so many wipes, not entirely sure it's worth to switch at this point, but raid leader feels spirit shell would be awesome for the 7 add phase to prevent all the crap going on while if I ever get huddle there it's pretty much a wipe despite our 2 Hand of Purity in the raid.
    I'd honestly say that the main advantage of bringing a disc priest on this fight is that we add a significant amount of dps, having another 0,5 dps is quite a bit deal.

Well, took 6 pulls with my priest insteadof my monk and we got it.. amazing how much the priest helped opposed to my monk..

Thanks for the help.

6 pulls for heroic Sha? That's pretty good. Grats on the kill.

We just started pulls on this tonight. Did you LoS Death Blossom or SS/PW:B it?
    Any tips would be great! We are having trouble getting back in time from the cackle.
    ShaOfFearAssist or DreadSprayVR?

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously the OP has already killed the fight by the time of me posting this but hopefully people working on the fight see some use in this.

P1 healing is beyond simple, you get to spam penance, smite and holy fire for 10 minutes. I never even bothered trying to soak the Death Blossom, there really isn't a point, however shit like BoPs are defiantly worth it if your raid isn't utilizing them already.
    As the healer after the dance (regardless of the platform) try to help your tanks out with the orbs and let the dps focus on killing the archer.

Phase 2:
    Small Amount of Adds (1-5): Not much raid damage due to the small amount so you can once again spend more time focusing on damage and smart healing. Obviously focus huddles; shields, flash heal, take use of void shift if you need to. For the first few sets of huddle you can throw the ball aswell which alieviates a bit of the healing requirement (not that there really is one this early into phase 2).

Adds Everywhere (5-99999): Obviously much more raid damage begins to come out, pretty much turns into any fight with constant AoE damage, trying to use your spirit shell where you know you can utilize the entire 15 seconds, i.e not 5 seconds before you know you're gonna get a waterspout or huddle. Using it during a submerge or after the waterspout/huddle has occured ect.

Here's our first kill and obviously a disc PoV: (Ignore the shitty effects and crap i was playing around with vegas #swag)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pUUOMiLeOA

---
    I can't speak for 10man but on 25man disc is incredibly strong for phase 2, it's also important that you try to maximize your barrier, call out for your raid to stack if waterspout comes before huddle and then you can easily reduce the raid damage. Also don't be afraid to use Pain Suppression on a huddle target if they're dipping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clebane View Post
    We just started pulls on this tonight. Did you LoS Death Blossom or SS/PW:B it?
    Any tips would be great! We are having trouble getting back in time from the cackle.
    ShaOfFearAssist or DreadSprayVR?
    Did not killed it yet also but seen phase 2 for some tries and we are never soaking the blossom. No point as RFX said.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Quote Originally Posted by skribblez32 View Post
    6 pulls for heroic Sha? That's pretty good. Grats on the kill.
    I meant it took 6 pulls with my priest instead of my monk. I believe it took us 204 pulls to get him.

Been working on it in 10 man, 2% so far after about 70 pulls. Healing feels pretty easy, just a SS/DA out of the submerge makes the huddle/spouts safe and the rest of the time you can just atonement away.

Who passes the light in your group? I'm healing as well as a resto druid.

Do you only get 1 strike, 1 huddle and 1 spout between submerges? And are they in random order?

Do you only get 1 strike, 1 huddle and 1 spout between submerges? And are they in random order?
    When I did 10 man it was our 2 healers and another dps.

Yes 1 strike, 1 huddle and 1 spout per submerge.

Either the first or second ability used it going to be huddle. Other than that it's completely random.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-02-28 at 09:26 AM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

We had a holy paladin, elemental shaman and shadow priest. I was free and didn't have to deal with the ball allowing me to spirit shell properly. Worked like a charm. I didn't bother much with atonement, mostly Pom/PoH spam and shielding people with huddle (they had hand of purity from our 2 paladins which helped a ton)

Deleted

Like others have said, huddle is indeed always first or second. The other order is random. In my group, the light is being passed inbetween one healer and one ranged, with the second healer as a backup. It has also been done inbetween the two healers.