Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    The only one that I know of that didn't do that is Vanguards.
    That doesn't surprise me, mainly because he is really good and plays with really good partners. But it would surprise me if there were more than a handful currently playing Ret right now, receiving glad titles.

  2. #42
    I'll link the source when I get home, but I was reading some statistics, and 0.3% of the players receiving gladiator are DPS paladins. The exact same number of DPS monks are recieving glad. One class has been around for 7 years, the other for 4 months.
    Makes ya think. How accurate/up to date those statistics are is a toss up but still.

    Sha of Fear Melee hit You 372908 Physical. (766625 Overkill) (Critical)
    Begging us to buff is sometimes easier than trying to beat the boss.(Source)

  3. #43
    23:20:30 [Nzall]: Recount - Nzall's Hostile Attacks: Judgment
    23:20:30 [Nzall]: 1. Hit 7 (100%) (Min: 2337 Avg: 2437 Max: 2571)
    that's a recount report on my judgement hits. the 2337 were in prot spec, the 2571 were in ret spec. I only had my weapon equipped to test whether the allegations that SoL does not affect judgement were correct.

    as you can see, every ret judgement hits for 10% more than every prot judgement. so the allegation is false. if you wish to test this for yourself, go to a targetting dummy in prot spec, no gear and seal of light on, but a 2H equipped, cast judgement, the repeat this in ret spec. you need the 2H because SoL only works with a 2H equipped, and you need it in both specs because you need the gear to be the same. you can't have any other items on because they can skew the results. for example, plate gives a 5% STR increase.
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

  4. #44
    I am not a pro, but PvP wise, I think that I would like to see a complete revamp of the Ret paladin as an avatar of freedom.

    Instead of trying to match his CC with others classes (which never truly happens anyway), I would give him as many tools as one might think of to get out of any kind of CC, snare but would remove his CC and let him have only slow effects

  5. #45
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Estarius View Post
    I am not a pro, but PvP wise, I think that I would like to see a complete revamp of the Ret paladin as an avatar of freedom.

    Instead of trying to match his CC with others classes (which never truly happens anyway), I would give him as many tools as one might think of to get out of any kind of CC, snare but would remove his CC and let him have only slow effects
    Remove Absolve, give Ret cleanse with a 15-20 sec CD. Boom. Done. Fixes 2 issues... Spriests being the sole dps class that can cleanse CC (a pretty damn ridiculous utility, considering how powerful CC is) and gives a 3's team a reason to grab a Ret.

    The 5% extra 2h damage will help a lot though. I still don't think Ret compares to the utility of a rogues 5.2 shadow dance (entire enemy team is silenced or stunned for like seconds). Guess we'll see. I'm still probably staying Holy for PvP though, as he won't be my pvp main for the coming season (don't have anything other than alt arenas and RBG's to get him points... and its so much easier to do that as Holy, and hope 5.3 buffs us if we aren't good enough still and grab a full normal tyrannical set with honor then.)

  6. #46
    Mechagnome Lethora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    603
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Sword of Light is weapon damage, not all damage. It'll improve the damage of Crusader Strike, Templar's Verdict, Hammer of the Righteous, Divine Storm, Seals (but not Censure), and auto-attacks. While still quite a few attacks, that's not quite "all" damage--notably, it won't affect Exorcism, Judgment, Hammer of Wrath, Censure, or Harsh Word if you use that. :P
    You are wrong. It's "all damage done while 2H is equipped".
    Lethora, 90 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 90 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU
    Raiding 25man, 10hrs/week, 14/14H.

  7. #47
    The Patient Prometheous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    You are wrong. It's "all damage done while 2H is equipped".
    Incorrect, though we all wish that's how it worked.

    It simply increases your weapon damage by 15% for spells that scale off of weapon damage, and auto attack. Instead of having 10k top end weapon damage, SoL would make spells scale off 115% of that, thus giving you 1500 extra damage before spell coefficients and buffs are applied.

    <Revive> 14/14H - Stormreaver
    Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday

  8. #48
    Fluffy Kitten Rivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    13,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    You are wrong. It's "all damage done while 2H is equipped".
    Sword of Light: "Increases the damage you deal with two-handed melee weapons by 10%."

  9. #49
    Alright, so I was in the process of abandoning my long time main Pally for my long time alt Warlock..

    What I want to know is.. do you guys thing that the wings buff and 2-h buff will put us on par with melee like frost dks and warriors in strictly PVE? From what I've read, it seems like a lot of melee are getting buffs... are we just getting buffs to be put in the same spot on the totem pole we're already on?

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheous View Post
    Incorrect, though we all wish that's how it worked.

    It simply increases your weapon damage by 15% for spells that scale off of weapon damage, and auto attack. Instead of having 10k top end weapon damage, SoL would make spells scale off 115% of that, thus giving you 1500 extra damage before spell coefficients and buffs are applied.
    have you seen my above post?

    try it yourself. log into the live servers with a prot/ret paladin. take off all your gear, but leave your 2H on. use seal of insight and judge a dummy a few times. it'll always hit for the same. then switch spec, keep your 2H on, keep seal of insight on and judge a few times again. I can tell you right now that Ret will hit for exactly 10% more than prot, which is only explainable by SoL.
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

  11. #51
    5% buff is a step in the right direction, i would like to see a bit more buffs if it is not too much to ask.

  12. #52
    Warchief Velshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    One with the Light
    Posts
    2,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    Alright, so I was in the process of abandoning my long time main Pally for my long time alt Warlock..

    What I want to know is.. do you guys thing that the wings buff and 2-h buff will put us on par with melee like frost dks and warriors in strictly PVE? From what I've read, it seems like a lot of melee are getting buffs... are we just getting buffs to be put in the same spot on the totem pole we're already on?
    In single target fights? yes we will be on par but when it comes to aoe we still no match for frost dks and warriors unfortunately.

  13. #53
    Well, every buff, for little as it is, is welcome at least for me), i dont know how much will improve our sustained/overall damage, but at least we get buffs without being ridicoulusly nerfed in other ways

  14. #54
    all i want is for something to be done about holy prism. its incredibly underpowered for a lvl 90 talent. heals for around 25k and deals about 25k dmg in pvp. and it has a 20 second cooldown to top it off. either buff the dmg/heal of this ability or remove the global cooldown.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by tichondriuslol View Post
    all i want is for something to be done about holy prism. its incredibly underpowered for a lvl 90 talent. heals for around 25k and deals about 25k dmg in pvp. and it has a 20 second cooldown to top it off. either buff the dmg/heal of this ability or remove the global cooldown.
    You do know that every Ret Paladin takes this ability for PvP?

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    You do know that every Ret Paladin takes this ability for PvP?
    yes which why i didnt write retribution because i figured everyone always did. i dont pvp in pve gear so i wouldnt know how much damage its doing but in full male gear its currently hits for 25k and about 38k crit, heals for 25k with battle fatigue and other healing reducing debuffs such as mortal strike and wound poison etc... again im talking pvp (PlayerVsPlayer) not sure about pve.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by tichondriuslol View Post
    yes which why i didnt write retribution because i figured everyone always did. i dont pvp in pve gear so i wouldnt know how much damage its doing but in full male gear its currently hits for 25k and about 38k crit, heals for 25k with battle fatigue and other healing reducing debuffs such as mortal strike and wound poison etc... again im talking pvp (PlayerVsPlayer) not sure about pve.
    You know that every ret and holy paladin in PvP take this? Not to mention lots of PvE prot paladins. Also, idk what you're talking about, I've seen it hit for upwards of 70k crits, so.

    Sha of Fear Melee hit You 372908 Physical. (766625 Overkill) (Critical)
    Begging us to buff is sometimes easier than trying to beat the boss.(Source)

  18. #58
    Fluffy Kitten Rivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    13,367
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    have you seen my above post?

    try it yourself. log into the live servers with a prot/ret paladin. take off all your gear, but leave your 2H on. use seal of insight and judge a dummy a few times. it'll always hit for the same. then switch spec, keep your 2H on, keep seal of insight on and judge a few times again. I can tell you right now that Ret will hit for exactly 10% more than prot, which is only explainable by SoL.
    It may be the case that Sword of Light increases "melee attacks", not just "weapon attacks", thus it would affect Judgment as well since it's a melee attack even though it's not a weapon attack. Maybe you should try it with Hammer of Wrath instead, since that's neither a melee or weapon attack.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    It may be the case that Sword of Light increases "melee attacks", not just "weapon attacks", thus it would affect Judgment as well since it's a melee attack even though it's not a weapon attack. Maybe you should try it with Hammer of Wrath instead, since that's neither a melee or weapon attack.
    Either way it's probably 3% more damage total or so.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    It may be the case that Sword of Light increases "melee attacks", not just "weapon attacks", thus it would affect Judgment as well since it's a melee attack even though it's not a weapon attack. Maybe you should try it with Hammer of Wrath instead, since that's neither a melee or weapon attack.
    i'll try that as well, on live because that's easier to check.

    edit: i'll also try harsh word glyph, since that's definitely not a melee attack.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-28 at 09:26 PM ----------

    Harsh word glyph is hard to test because word of glory damage isn't constant. hammer of wrath appears to be affected as well, with shin'ka LFR equipped it hits for about 4000 as prot and about 4400 for ret, with minor changes.
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •