Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    The only one that I know of that didn't do that is Vanguards.
    That doesn't surprise me, mainly because he is really good and plays with really good partners. But it would surprise me if there were more than a handful currently playing Ret right now, receiving glad titles.

I'll link the source when I get home, but I was reading some statistics, and 0.3% of the players receiving gladiator are DPS paladins. The exact same number of DPS monks are recieving glad. One class has been around for 7 years, the other for 4 months.
    Makes ya think. How accurate/up to date those statistics are is a toss up but still.

Deleted
    23:20:30 [Nzall]: Recount - Nzall's Hostile Attacks: Judgment
    23:20:30 [Nzall]: 1. Hit 7 (100%) (Min: 2337 Avg: 2437 Max: 2571)
    that's a recount report on my judgement hits. the 2337 were in prot spec, the 2571 were in ret spec. I only had my weapon equipped to test whether the allegations that SoL does not affect judgement were correct.

as you can see, every ret judgement hits for 10% more than every prot judgement. so the allegation is false. if you wish to test this for yourself, go to a targetting dummy in prot spec, no gear and seal of light on, but a 2H equipped, cast judgement, the repeat this in ret spec. you need the 2H because SoL only works with a 2H equipped, and you need it in both specs because you need the gear to be the same. you can't have any other items on because they can skew the results. for example, plate gives a 5% STR increase.

I am not a pro, but PvP wise, I think that I would like to see a complete revamp of the Ret paladin as an avatar of freedom.

Instead of trying to match his CC with others classes (which never truly happens anyway), I would give him as many tools as one might think of to get out of any kind of CC, snare but would remove his CC and let him have only slow effects

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Estarius View Post
    I am not a pro, but PvP wise, I think that I would like to see a complete revamp of the Ret paladin as an avatar of freedom.

Instead of trying to match his CC with others classes (which never truly happens anyway), I would give him as many tools as one might think of to get out of any kind of CC, snare but would remove his CC and let him have only slow effects
    Remove Absolve, give Ret cleanse with a 15-20 sec CD. Boom. Done. Fixes 2 issues... Spriests being the sole dps class that can cleanse CC (a pretty damn ridiculous utility, considering how powerful CC is) and gives a 3's team a reason to grab a Ret.

The 5% extra 2h damage will help a lot though. I still don't think Ret compares to the utility of a rogues 5.2 shadow dance (entire enemy team is silenced or stunned for like seconds). Guess we'll see. I'm still probably staying Holy for PvP though, as he won't be my pvp main for the coming season (don't have anything other than alt arenas and RBG's to get him points... and its so much easier to do that as Holy, and hope 5.3 buffs us if we aren't good enough still and grab a full normal tyrannical set with honor then.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Sword of Light is weapon damage, not all damage. It'll improve the damage of Crusader Strike, Templar's Verdict, Hammer of the Righteous, Divine Storm, Seals (but not Censure), and auto-attacks. While still quite a few attacks, that's not quite "all" damage--notably, it won't affect Exorcism, Judgment, Hammer of Wrath, Censure, or Harsh Word if you use that. :P
    You are wrong. It's "all damage done while 2H is equipped".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Incorrect, though we all wish that's how it worked.

It simply increases your weapon damage by 15% for spells that scale off of weapon damage, and auto attack. Instead of having 10k top end weapon damage, SoL would make spells scale off 115% of that, thus giving you 1500 extra damage before spell coefficients and buffs are applied.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Sword of Light: "Increases the damage you deal with two-handed melee weapons by 10%."

Alright, so I was in the process of abandoning my long time main Pally for my long time alt Warlock..

What I want to know is.. do you guys thing that the wings buff and 2-h buff will put us on par with melee like frost dks and warriors in strictly PVE? From what I've read, it seems like a lot of melee are getting buffs... are we just getting buffs to be put in the same spot on the totem pole we're already on?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheous View Post
    Incorrect, though we all wish that's how it worked.

It simply increases your weapon damage by 15% for spells that scale off of weapon damage, and auto attack. Instead of having 10k top end weapon damage, SoL would make spells scale off 115% of that, thus giving you 1500 extra damage before spell coefficients and buffs are applied.
    have you seen my above post?

try it yourself. log into the live servers with a prot/ret paladin. take off all your gear, but leave your 2H on. use seal of insight and judge a dummy a few times. it'll always hit for the same. then switch spec, keep your 2H on, keep seal of insight on and judge a few times again. I can tell you right now that Ret will hit for exactly 10% more than prot, which is only explainable by SoL.

5% buff is a step in the right direction, i would like to see a bit more buffs if it is not too much to ask.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    Alright, so I was in the process of abandoning my long time main Pally for my long time alt Warlock..

What I want to know is.. do you guys thing that the wings buff and 2-h buff will put us on par with melee like frost dks and warriors in strictly PVE? From what I've read, it seems like a lot of melee are getting buffs... are we just getting buffs to be put in the same spot on the totem pole we're already on?
    In single target fights? yes we will be on par but when it comes to aoe we still no match for frost dks and warriors unfortunately.

Deleted
    Well, every buff, for little as it is, is welcome at least for me), i dont know how much will improve our sustained/overall damage, but at least we get buffs without being ridicoulusly nerfed in other ways

all i want is for something to be done about holy prism. its incredibly underpowered for a lvl 90 talent. heals for around 25k and deals about 25k dmg in pvp. and it has a 20 second cooldown to top it off. either buff the dmg/heal of this ability or remove the global cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tichondriuslol View Post
    all i want is for something to be done about holy prism. its incredibly underpowered for a lvl 90 talent. heals for around 25k and deals about 25k dmg in pvp. and it has a 20 second cooldown to top it off. either buff the dmg/heal of this ability or remove the global cooldown.
    You do know that every Ret Paladin takes this ability for PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    You do know that every Ret Paladin takes this ability for PvP?
    yes which why i didnt write retribution because i figured everyone always did. i dont pvp in pve gear so i wouldnt know how much damage its doing but in full male gear its currently hits for 25k and about 38k crit, heals for 25k with battle fatigue and other healing reducing debuffs such as mortal strike and wound poison etc... again im talking pvp (PlayerVsPlayer) not sure about pve.

Quote Originally Posted by tichondriuslol View Post
    yes which why i didnt write retribution because i figured everyone always did. i dont pvp in pve gear so i wouldnt know how much damage its doing but in full male gear its currently hits for 25k and about 38k crit, heals for 25k with battle fatigue and other healing reducing debuffs such as mortal strike and wound poison etc... again im talking pvp (PlayerVsPlayer) not sure about pve.
    You know that every ret and holy paladin in PvP take this? Not to mention lots of PvE prot paladins. Also, idk what you're talking about, I've seen it hit for upwards of 70k crits, so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    have you seen my above post?

try it yourself. log into the live servers with a prot/ret paladin. take off all your gear, but leave your 2H on. use seal of insight and judge a dummy a few times. it'll always hit for the same. then switch spec, keep your 2H on, keep seal of insight on and judge a few times again. I can tell you right now that Ret will hit for exactly 10% more than prot, which is only explainable by SoL.
    It may be the case that Sword of Light increases "melee attacks", not just "weapon attacks", thus it would affect Judgment as well since it's a melee attack even though it's not a weapon attack. Maybe you should try it with Hammer of Wrath instead, since that's neither a melee or weapon attack.

It may be the case that Sword of Light increases "melee attacks", not just "weapon attacks", thus it would affect Judgment as well since it's a melee attack even though it's not a weapon attack. Maybe you should try it with Hammer of Wrath instead, since that's neither a melee or weapon attack.
    Either way it's probably 3% more damage total or so.

Deleted
    i'll try that as well, on live because that's easier to check.

edit: i'll also try harsh word glyph, since that's definitely not a melee attack.

---------- Post added 2013-02-28 at 09:26 PM ----------

Harsh word glyph is hard to test because word of glory damage isn't constant. hammer of wrath appears to be affected as well, with shin'ka LFR equipped it hits for about 4000 as prot and about 4400 for ret, with minor changes.