Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't Metzen just say at the Sony event that Diablo 3 on Ps3 would be playable at PAX?
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Note: I'm aware that the slate said Q4 2011 and I'm not saying this Schedule is to be believed I'm simply using this image as a reference to where Phoenix was mentioned.
    I remember when we used to look at that and were able tp predict the short term future. You know...when they weren't behind schedule by like 2 years. Looking at it now just makes me laugh at how they have completely failed from their goals.

I mean it's to be expected, but it's further proof that they aren't even living up to their own expectations from a production cycle standpoint. And no this isn't bashing them, but it does make me a little disappointed, because the games haven't been delayed for 'perfection' like they used to be.

They're literally just starting to drag.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    http://www.gamefront.com/blizzard-te...x-east-reveal/

Blizzard all-stars?

edit: not titan
    Perhaps it has to do with the Project Lodestone that was stumbled upon a month ago? At least, that's what I think the project was called.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I remember when we used to look at that and were able tp predict the short term future. You know...when they weren't behind schedule by like 2 years. Looking at it now just makes me laugh at how they have completely failed from their goals.

I mean it's to be expected, but it's further proof that they aren't even living up to their own expectations from a production cycle standpoint. And no this isn't bashing them, but it does make me a little disappointed, because the games haven't been delayed for 'perfection' like they used to be.

They're literally just starting to drag.
    The problem with Blizzard and their own release schedules is that they have this reputation now where we are kind of expect Blizzard not to release their new titles in a timely fashion which allows them to overdevelop their content. "When it's done" has become a mantra which hides the fact that they are a bunch of guys with the luxury of changing their minds several times with nothing binding them to their internal schedules. This is all well and good when it works out for them, such as with WoW and SC2, but Diablo 3's extended development cycle and critical reception must have certainly damaged the largesse from stockholders which allowed Blizzard their laissez-faire attitude to development.

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    http://www.gamefront.com/blizzard-te...x-east-reveal/

Blizzard all-stars?

edit: not titan
    pretty sure its Blizzard all star. It is not an expansion, not titan and not a sequel. it this or lost vikign release for ios/android.

---------- Post added 2013-02-28 at 03:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crableg View Post
    World of Warcraft RMAH
    then the internet nation attacked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    The problem with Blizzard and their own release schedules is that they have this reputation now where we are kind of expect Blizzard not to release their new titles in a timely fashion which allows them to overdevelop their content.
    Unfortunately hasn't really happened in a positive way since WotLK unfortunately. You're right that it just lets them change their mind more...which has started to translate as determining more ways to victimize their players on the sly. Though Mists completely breaks that mold IMO, because other than Dailygate it's their most solid offering in a while.

then the internet nation pulled out their wallets and handed them over like good sheep.
    I fixed it for you...because yeah...it would happen.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-02-28 at 09:02 PM.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's Blizzard All-stars and tbh I hope it is that(well if I wanna be truthful to myself I hope it's war4/sc: ghost but chances of that happening are negative)... I am bored of LoL and disappointed with DotA2...

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    My guess is some extended Battlenet functionality or an app. I think if it were a new game to announce, they'd wait until Blizzcon.
    You are correct, sir!

I honestly hope they don't waste resources and send Blizzard All-Star the way of Ghost and Warcraft Adventures. Blizzard MOBA would be almost as ridiculous as Blizzard tetris or Blizzard chess.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

15+ Year Old Account
    Hm, I think it'll be Blizzard All-Stars, in which case I'll be a little bit disappointed since I hate the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post

then the internet nation attacked.
    And then a week later everyone will agree with it, because WoW players will take anything Blizzard does.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    So, another moba ? /yawn

Something that was brought up by one of the shows hosted by Penny-Arcade was introducing a way that people playing different blizzard games could interact. My hope would be this may be a step towards this direction.

Shot in the dark - civilization like game, or farmivllesque.
    Last edited by degias; 2013-03-13 at 06:35 PM. Reason: less wordy

While it may probably turn out to be simply Blizzard All Stars...

I can't help but notice that... looking at their "announcement" document - I'm inclined to believe it might also be a reimagining/reboot of the Lost Vikings for iOS.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...izzPAXEAST.jpg

The parchment, the simple swirly rune, the semi cartoony "splat" of a wax seal underneath the Blizz logo - coupled with their font choice that's very whimsically fantasy... smells of cartoon nordic/medieval to me.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-03-13 at 06:46 PM.

What I think: Lost Vikings 3

What it may randomly be: Rock N Roll Racing 2

What I want: ...Blackthorne 2 (I wish.)

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    And then a week later everyone will agree with it, because WoW players will take anything Blizzard does.
    yeah considering everytime a rmah for wow comes up the person proposing it is bashing blizzard/diablo 3 and its pretty much completely looked at as a horrible idea i highly doubt many people other than people who already buy wow stuff illegaly would call a rmah a good idea
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Will probably just be their MOBA game, but in the unlikely event that it's not a new Rock N Roll racing game would be kind of cool. I could also maybe see a lost vikings game, but I'm not sure how well that'd do anymore. Maybe for tablets or something though.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say they're going to ditch All-Stars and they've started development on a new franchised based fighting game. Don't get me wrong I really wanted to see All-Stars happen but it seems like they'd be a little late to the party with the popularity of League of Legends only rising. Trying to join that market now would be like having a taste of their own medicine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushro View Post
    Trying to join that market now would be like having a taste of their own medicine.
    Oh really? What if it was included with a WoW subscription, or a SC2 Expansion purchase? Their goal will certainly not be to simply dethrone LoL. They are a brand. They want brand integration.
    BAD WOLF

I am 60% sure it's Blizzard Allstars.