Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    ok i can tell you exactly what the problem is. RMA your sapphire 7850 and buy a different card. i had this exact same problem, sapphire were using cheap parts in their 78 series cards and it was causing too much power to go through a single capacitor. just google 7850 black screen you will see many many people with the same problem. it happened to me with my sapphire 7870 ghz edition so i rma'd it and got a gtx 670 instead had no crashing problems since. its not your psu and its not your ram (if your ram was faulty it wouldnt detect it or it wouldnt boot depending on the fault).

10+ Year Old Account
    Enough about the goddamn power consumption, that entire system won't pull more than 300-350w at full load.

@MELHI, first check everything in your build is firmly plugged in and running - all fans should be spinning (check GPU fans too), RAM is in the correct slots, all relevant cables on, etc.
    Secondly check temperatures - more specifically, CPU temperatures. Your GPU should be fine if the fans are spinning. Install RealTemp and use it to monitor temps across all your cores.
    Thirdly, reinstall your AMD graphics drivers or try a previous driver version. It could be a driver issue causing the freezes.
    I have a nagging feeling it's that HD7850 that is most likely to be causing the issue. If you've done the above and it's still happening, RMA the card.

If it's still freezing after all that I could only recommend either reformatting the disk (reinstall OS/everything) OR going to your store and getting the PSU / Motherboard checked. Leave all this for last, there is a very tiny chance it's a hardware issue since you're using fairly reliable brands/components.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

I didnt bother reading all the posts, but have you run Memtest to test your memory? If not, run it while you sleep or while youre at work.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Deleted
    Reseated my Ram but dont know how to reseat my grapcihs card I am trying to delete my Amd drivers but which program do you recommend I have ccleaner but I can't find Amd in the list.

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 07:22 PM ----------

I have coretemp installed and played assassin creed 3 and the temps were 70°-76°
    I have got my computer for about 3 months now and I hadn't any problems with it until now.
    Everything is plugged in and I'm trying to delete my drivers right now.

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 07:23 PM ----------

GPU temperature is 60°

Quote Originally Posted by MELHI View Post
    Reseated my Ram but dont know how to reseat my grapcihs card I am trying to delete my Amd drivers but which program do you recommend I have ccleaner but I can't find Amd in the list.

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 07:22 PM ----------

I have coretemp installed and played assassin creed 3 and the temps were 70°-76°
    I have got my computer for about 3 months now and I hadn't any problems with it until now.
    Everything is plugged in and I'm trying to delete my drivers right now.

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 07:23 PM ----------

GPU temperature is 60°
    Max temperature on a FX-8150 is 61°C. You need to get that sorted ASAP.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    And what do you recommend?

Why do I get this feeling that it has something to do with your CPU I had this problem before what kind of motherboard are you using? Did update your drivers? Direct x? Gpu updates? Or it can be from over clocking? Turn off the turbo mode for the CPU

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 06:36 PM ----------

Just seen the temps did you apply the compound when you put your cooler on top of the CPU? If you didn't I recommend the artic silver

You can start with trying to just re-seat the CPU heatsink, remember to replace the thermal paste when you do this.

If that doesn't solve the problem you will have to take a look at the airflow in your case and possibly replace the heatsink you are using.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you still move the mouse when the PC freezes?

EDIT: Oh, I didn't see the CPU temp post. What case you got? Midi, Mini? need a lot of airflow around it or good fans.

three months is enough time for dust to clog up the system - especially if you have pets and if the box is on the floor, or in a cupboard.

I would go with the CPU paste on the cooler advice or moving the case to a more unobstructed area where air-flow can flow around it.

Does it do it when the side of the case is off?

Is the case in a cupboard? It should be outside with airflow around it.

Sooo many people put their PC in a cupboard to make it quieter.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-02-27 at 06:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FX8150 comes with stock heatsink with pre-applied paste yes? The only thing I can think of is that you've seated the heastsink badly. Or if the TIM comes in a separate tube, either forgot to apply it or applied way too much.

You don't need a ton of airflow for an FX8150 and HD7850, hell a just 1x120mm exhaust is enough as long as you keep the PC in an open area and you don't live in the desert :P
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-02-27 at 07:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    FX8150 comes with stock heatsink with pre-applied TIM yes? The only thing I can think of is that he's seated the stock heastsink badly.

You don't need a ton of airflow for an FX8150 and HD7850, hell a just 1x120mm exhaust and 120mm intake is enough unless you live in the desert.
    My cousin did all this he knows a lot of computers but i see him only rarely

Quote Originally Posted by Shiinji View Post
    Why do I get this feeling that it has something to do with your CPU I had this problem before what kind of motherboard are you using? Did update your drivers? Direct x? Gpu updates? Or it can be from over clocking? Turn off the turbo mode for the CPU

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 06:36 PM ----------

Just seen the temps did you apply the compound when you put your cooler on top of the CPU? If you didn't I recommend the artic silver
    Motherboard: gigabyte ga-970a-ud3 - am3+
    Got Direct X 11 did only Amd vision updates (grapichs card)
    How do you turn off turbo mode?

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 07:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by aginorr View Post
    ok i can tell you exactly what the problem is. RMA your sapphire 7850 and buy a different card. i had this exact same problem, sapphire were using cheap parts in their 78 series cards and it was causing too much power to go through a single capacitor. just google 7850 black screen you will see many many people with the same problem. it happened to me with my sapphire 7870 ghz edition so i rma'd it and got a gtx 670 instead had no crashing problems since. its not your psu and its not your ram (if your ram was faulty it wouldnt detect it or it wouldnt boot depending on the fault).
    You're sure it's my grapichs card what is a good but cheap grapichs card?

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 08:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post

EDIT: Oh, I didn't see the CPU temp post. What case you got? Midi, Mini? need a lot of airflow around it or good fans.

three months is enough time for dust to clog up the system - especially if you have pets and if the box is on the floor, or in a cupboard.

I would go with the CPU paste on the cooler advice or moving the case to a more unobstructed area where air-flow can flow around it.

No nothing works even ctrl + alt + delete have to shut i down by pressing the power button
    No it is not in a cupboard it has 2 wooden planks left and right and in front and back there's space.
    Don't know the english word for this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post

No nothing works even ctrl + alt + delete
    I have to hold the power button to shut it down

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 08:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    FX8150 comes with stock heatsink with pre-applied paste yes? The only thing I can think of is that you've seated the heastsink badly. Or if the TIM comes in a separate tube, either forgot to apply it or applied way too much.

You don't need a ton of airflow for an FX8150 and HD7850, hell a just 1x120mm exhaust is enough as long as you keep the PC in an open area and you don't live in the desert :P
    My cousin did this for me he knows a lot of computers but I only see him rarely

10+ Year Old Account
    Enid (you know, the vague Jurassic Park reference?)
    try only using 1 stick of ram, see if problem still happens. If problem still persists, try using only the other stick of ram. Usually you will get an error message with RAM issues, but the 5 minutes this takes is worth a try. Just be careful pushing it back in the slots.

I've had a RAM issue where the computer would crash without an error message flashing up

Also, if you can see the fan on the video card, make sure its spinning. I know the fan on my gtx470 is kinda hard to see.

Could you: Try reseat your CPU cooler? Check temps again? If not improved or happening again, take a picture of the inside of your case and post it in this thread?

Overheating.
    AMD and ATI is known for that. Just clean your PC and/or buy new cooler for CPU - I suggest zalman. Next time when you buy computer read specification of how much heat you will get and what cooler is needed. Don't just buy everything that has good price tag on. High price =/= quality. If you don't know anything about computers ask someone to help you.
    It is known that you need almost 50% better cooler for AMD processor which is the same range as Intel one. AMD overheat as f**k.
    Also check your drivers. I had driver problems with ATI TV tuner a while ago. It was the driver that causes my PC to freeze and getting blue screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Numeanor View Post
    Overheating.
    AMD and ATI is known for that. Just clean your PC and/or buy new cooler for CPU - I suggest zalman. Next time when you buy computer read specification of how much heat you will get and what cooler is needed. Don't just buy everything that has good price tag on. High price =/= quality. If you don't know anything about computers ask someone to help you.
    It is known that you need almost 50% better cooler for AMD processor which is the same range as Intel one. AMD overheat as f**k.
    Also check your drivers. I had driver problems with ATI TV tuner a while ago. It was the driver that causes my PC to freeze and getting blue screen.
    uh, no, just about everything you said is wrong, if you don't know what your talking about, don't say anything at all

Deleted
    Oke and I sometimes use konboot could this be causing trouble too?
    My dad has set a password and I can bypass it by using this program.
    I already had that freeze problem so I don't think this program has caused it

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 10:29 PM ----------

And by the way this only happens when I play games and for some reason it doesn't happen when I play Prototype 2 but I can't play BF3 for more than 15 min

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    uh, no, just about everything you said is wrong, if you don't know what your talking about, don't say anything at all
    Says the one who throws so much money on computer that then next generation of CPU/GPUs's comes out before any game can actually take whole advantage of his system... What I mean with that is that next gen GPU will come out with new capabilities that you don't have, but none of the games can actually utilize your system to the max = I get same results with much worse machine as you do and I didn't spent thousands of dollars on it. Looks like you are from the camp of people with so much money so you don't know where to throw it so you just go into store and buy best/max as you can get just so you can boost your e-peen on forums but actually you could get same results with computer for 50% of that price.

32GM RAM... tell me when any game will fill that up (without memory leaks and RAMdisk).
    GTX-690 Quad SLI - running games on 400FPS on 60 or 120Hz monitor? /golf clap to you and nice room heater you have there. 2 SLI would be more than enough to play newest games on MAX details. 4 is just overkill and throwing money out of the window.

So your argument is still invalid. AMD is overheating much more than intel and it's the cause why AMD is much worse CPU than intel when you compare two of the same class and ATI cards are inferior to Nvidia because of drivers. It's a known fact. If you buy your computer just with money you don't know that of course. I had many AMD CPU's and all of them were crap. I couldn't use any of them for gaming with original stock cooler. I always had to buy better cooler just to have stable temperatures and temperatures over 70 on CPU makes CPU unstable as some parts of dye can reach even more and also shorten life time of CPU.

Just to compare I have intel with stock cooler and I never get over 60 degrees when playing games, OP has 70-75. Oh so AMD is not heating so much then right?
    Last edited by Numeanor; 2013-02-27 at 09:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Says the one who throws so much money on computer that then next generation of CPU/GPUs's comes out before any game can actually take whole advantage of his system... What I mean with that is that next gen GPU will come out with new capabilities that you don't have, but none of the games can actually utilize your system to the max = I get same results with much worse machine as you do and I didn't spent thousands of dollars on it. Looks like you are from the camp of people with so much money so you don't know where to throw it so you just go into store and buy best/max as you can get just so you can boost your e-peen on forums but actually you could get same results with computer for 50% of that price.

32GM RAM... tell me when any game will fill that up (without memory leaks and RAMdisk).
    GTX-690 Quad SLI - running games on 400FPS on 60 or 120Hz monitor? /golf clap to you and nice room heater you have there. 2 SLI would be more than enough to play newest games on MAX details. 4 is just overkill and throwing money out of the window.
    a little FYI, ad hominem is a sign that your argument has no validity and you are desperately looking for an out, try again

So your argument is still invalid. AMD is overheating much more than intel and it's the cause why AMD is much worse CPU than intel when you compare two of the same class and ATI cards are inferior to Nvidia because of drivers. It's a known fact. If you buy your computer just with money you don't know that of course. I had many AMD CPU's and all of them were crap. I couldn't use any of them for gaming with original stock cooler. I always had to buy better cooler just to have stable temperatures and temperatures over 70 on CPU makes CPU unstable as some parts of dye can reach even more and also shorten life time of CPU.

Just to compare I have intel with stock cooler and I never get over 60 degrees when playing games, OP has 70-75. Oh so AMD is not heating so much then right?
    AMD cpus do not have the same IPC rate as intel cpus, but that doesn't make them junk, infact many servers as well as top end super computers run AMD cpus, and going back to thermals, they don't run vastly hotter than intel cpus, nor do they require massive heatsinks to run stock

ATi no longer exists, they are AMD now, and have much better driver support, and in most cases a single AMD GPU is better than a single Nvidia GPU, nvidia picks up when you start adding GPUs, but even then, that is only with games, crossfire still benchmarks higher than SLI, it's just not very playable

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure your RAM timings are set correctly. Most people just let them get set automatically, and sometimes that can be problematic. When I built my current PC I would experience periodic lock-ups and I couldn't figure out why. I swapped out just about everything, the RAM tested fine, I tried everything I could think of and then someone on another forum suggested I check the RAM timings. Turns out they were off slightly and it was causing the lock ups .. but since your CPU is running hotter than it should I'd suggest looking into that as well. Could have seated the cooler wrong, could have used generic thermal compound, or could just be dust build up.