Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    If you actually bothered looking up anything you would know his entire computer pulls very little wattage. Even the strongest "monster gaming rigs" nowadays don't pull 1000w.

Much less an FX-8150 and single 7850. -.-
    Ya i defntly DIDNT wip out my fucking calculator and add up the wattage their captain toolbag, thanks for your douchery though. I was merely speculating and offering a possibility.

Instead of correcting me and and ignorantly requoting me, go take all that nerdrage you got and go power trip the geek squad at bestbuy.

User was infracted for flaming.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-02-28 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    It's probably most definitely the power supply being overworked. 600w is a bit low for a monster gaming rig, especially since most 500-650W PSU are partitioned off into 1 400W/1 250W within the same unit.

Look into a 800-1000WPSU and make sure its a full time 700W+ for the first partition if it is in fact, partitioned.

You can see what yours is by opening up your rig and looking at the side of the PSU, it will look something like this:

it's probably getting a bit overworked.

if not this, I would say possibly your cooling unit. Make sure you put enough thermal paste on your CPU. go into your BIOS and make sure THE CPU is running cool, not just the temperature of your comp. corsair H60 or H80 are super affordable and keep mah rig COOOOOL
    Nonsense, stop telling people to buy 1 KW power supply when half of it is not used by any single GPU setup. His PSU is more than enough for components he has, hell it would be enough even if he put in another GPU.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Turning off turbo mode you have to do in bios. I don't know where to find that on a gigabyte mb I have a asus mb

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    Ya i defntly DIDNT wip out my fucking calculator and add up the wattage their captain toolbag, thanks for your douchery though. I was merely speculating and offering a possibility.

Instead of correcting me and and ignorantly requoting me, go take all that nerdrage you got and go power trip the geek squad at bestbuy.
    Well do you need a calculator if you're planning to buy a car depending on your needs? So yeah immediately a bugatti?

Deleted
    Guys stop fighting,
    1) there's no dust in my computer recently cleaned it.
    2) I am at school now when I go home I will try to run my computer one 1 ram stick
    3) There was a guy here with the same problem he said it was his ram, he reseated them and I tried it too but it worked for me http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...es-during-play
    4) It doesn't happen when playing Prototype 2 but does happen when I play assassins creed 3 and it even shutted down 2 times itself
    Sometimes I can play assassins creed 3 for an hour and sometimes for 10 min
    Last edited by mmocb04bb2ff70; 2013-02-28 at 09:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    MELHI, your CPU was running way over safe temperatures - did you re-seat the CPU heatsink and fix that?

There's really no point doing all this other stuff if your chip is still running at 70c+ during the more heavy games. Fast crashes while playing BF3 proves it, it's a very CPU-heavy game.
    Your CPU should be running at 45-55c at the most, 61c is max safe temp. Higher than that = computer will shutdown / crash.

Remove your heatsink and fix it on properly, or buy a cheap aftermarket heatsink like CoolerMaster Hyper212+/EVO. It's really easy...you can do it. Or call over someone who knows : /
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-02-28 at 09:59 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

How I see this are as follow:
    Overheating
    1 or 2 faulty RAM stick(s)
    Or as simple as a driver acting up for lets say keyboard

Try
    Chkdsk /r
    sfc /scannow
    In cmd and see if there is any poblems.
    And seach in eventvwr for problems.
    Last edited by Guruftw; 2013-02-28 at 11:14 AM.
    Case: Corsair 750D MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 MARK1 CPU: i7 6700K (4.7GHz) CPU Cooling: Corsair H115i
    PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W Platinum GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified 6GB SSD1: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro
    SSD2: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro RAM: Corsair 32GB DOMINATOR Monitor: Asus 27" VG278H 120Hz

Deleted
    I just love how most people jump into this topic without reading any of the replies. Stop... trying.. to give advice.. when you cba to actually read a thread. Please. I've seen people recommend the same crap over and over again in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post
    I just love how most people jump into this topic without reading any of the replies. Stop... trying.. to give advice.. when you cba to actually read a thread. Please. I've seen people recommend the same crap over and over again in here.
    That is true, I just listed how I should have done it if I had the same problem. I think that is legit to do
    Case: Corsair 750D MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 MARK1 CPU: i7 6700K (4.7GHz) CPU Cooling: Corsair H115i
    PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W Platinum GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified 6GB SSD1: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro
    SSD2: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro RAM: Corsair 32GB DOMINATOR Monitor: Asus 27" VG278H 120Hz

Deleted
    Oke I am going to remove my heatsink and put it back on but do I have to re-add any thermal paste?

Quote Originally Posted by MELHI View Post
    Oke I am going to remove my heatsink and put it back on but do I have to re-add any thermal paste?
    Yes it is recommended to remove and re-apply thermal paste if you re-seat the heatsink.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    When you remove the heatsink you will see what your cousin did, how the TIM was applied/spread, etc.

Once you've got it fully cleaned off both the CPU and the heatsink, apply no more than this much:

Make sure it's fully secured (refer to manual if need be) and then check temperatures during gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    If you don't have thermal paste, tooth paste will work for a few days until you get hold of some.
    I really wouldn't try shit like this with someone who is doing this for the first time.

It works, even had it working with mayonaisse. I wouldn't let it stay on there for long though and it would only be in case of emergency. I don't think tooth paste can take weeks of baking on the CPU without degrading.

Deleted
    Oke I will buy thermal paste in the weekend and reseat my cpu heatsink then.
    Is artic silver 5 good?
    I've read good reviews about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes AS5 is fine.

Deleted
    I've got one more question: can I remove the thermal paste with a tissue or do I need a special thing for it?

I've got one more question: can I remove the thermal paste with a tissue or do I need a special thing for it?
    I usually take my gfs make-up removal pads and cotton tips combined with some alcohol.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    like white spirit?

like white spirit?
    The one I use is 95% not made for drinking, it evaporates pretty quick.