Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MELHI View Post
    like white spirit?
    Pretty sure he means some isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol).

Deleted
    No I meant terpentine and I couldn't find it AS5 in any nearby stores so I ordered it

Just get rid of that mobo. I had that one and RMA'd it and got a diff one

If you want to try confirming overheating as the source of the problem, you could grab Prime95 and run the stress test mode (blend mode should do it). It's available from GIMPS (the Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search). Be sure to run a temperature monitor while doing so. At the very least, if it crashes during that test, you can pretty much rule out the graphics card as a possible problem (but if it doesn't freeze, you can't rule out the CPU/ram/mobo). I'd also check with the system builder, and confirm if it is or isn't overclocked in any way. Generally errors related to overclocking produce bluescreens and not total system freezes, but still a good thing to check (especially if it's overclocked with the stock cooler -- this tends to make processors run very hot).

Oh, and what to watch for is the temperature creeping up over 80C. Best info I could find in a quick Google search suggests the maximum temperature (before your processor will throttle/shut down to safe itself) is 92C for the FX-8150. If your ambient temperature (room temperature) has a fairly wide variation, this could also help explain the sometimes-works-for-three-hours vs. crashes-after-ten-minutes issue. And keep in mind that if this is the issue, you just need to get those temperatures down (which others have generally covered) -- unless the chip is defective, it should always shut down before overheating to the point of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    If you want to try confirming overheating as the source of the problem, you could grab Prime95 and run the stress test mode (blend mode should do it). It's available from GIMPS (the Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search). Be sure to run a temperature monitor while doing so. At the very least, if it crashes during that test, you can pretty much rule out the graphics card as a possible problem (but if it doesn't freeze, you can't rule out the CPU/ram/mobo). I'd also check with the system builder, and confirm if it is or isn't overclocked in any way. Generally errors related to overclocking produce bluescreens and not total system freezes, but still a good thing to check (especially if it's overclocked with the stock cooler -- this tends to make processors run very hot).

Oh, and what to watch for is the temperature creeping up over 80C. Best info I could find in a quick Google search suggests the maximum temperature (before your processor will throttle/shut down to safe itself) is 92C for the FX-8150. If your ambient temperature (room temperature) has a fairly wide variation, this could also help explain the sometimes-works-for-three-hours vs. crashes-after-ten-minutes issue. And keep in mind that if this is the issue, you just need to get those temperatures down (which others have generally covered) -- unless the chip is defective, it should always shut down before overheating to the point of damage.
    Max temp for fx-8150 is 61c according to AMD, we have already been over this on page 2 and his temperatures are +70c in games, running Prime on something so poorly cooled can cause serious issues.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    Guys 5 min ago my pc froze again and I wasn't even playing a game.
    I had 6 tabs open (google chrome), µtorrent running and microsoft office word 2007 and I was installing a program.
    Could overheating still be the problem?

I had 6 tabs open (google chrome), µtorrent running and microsoft office word 2007 and I was installing a program.
    Yupp. You need to get it sorted ASAP, until you fix the overheating issues it is hard to determine if you have other issues as well.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    You've got CoreTemp installed, you tell us mate.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Yupp. You need to get it sorted ASAP, until you fix the overheating issues it is hard to determine if you have other issues as well.
    Hmm never experienced overheating cpu's can cause hard locks but rather the thermal function kicks in to shut the pc down. Hardlocks or either freezes like he has is much more ram related or MB.

@OP lets get deeper. Get an usb stick and run this tool to test your ram -> http://www.memtest.org/download/4.20....installer.zip

Make sure to let it run for 2hours orsomething but just let us know how many errors it found. Anything beyond 1 or more is a ram issue.

Deleted
    Oke I did the test but no errors and the temps on core temp are really getting high.
    When I start 2 or 3 programs the temps are already around the fifthy and sixty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your CPU cooler has to be either horrible or no seated right and your temps are just going way too high

Deleted
    I hadn't this problem first it occured 4 weeks ago now and I have the feeling that it is getting worse

I hadn't this problem first it occured 4 weeks ago now and I have the feeling that it is getting worse
    Reseat & reapply tim and cooler properly. Should fix your issues.

Skyrim can sometimes freeze due to misbehaving mods. Do you use many mods? My old roommate played Skyrim a TON. He used close to 100 mods. Every time a patch would come out, he had to go through and troubleshoot his mods again because he would have the problem you are describing. Does this happen to you in other games, or just Skyrim?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoness View Post
    Skyrim can sometimes freeze due to misbehaving mods. Do you use many mods? My old roommate played Skyrim a TON. He used close to 100 mods. Every time a patch would come out, he had to go through and troubleshoot his mods again because he would have the problem you are describing. Does this happen to you in other games, or just Skyrim?
    Skyrim is not the problem it happens also at other games but I received the AS 5 and gonna reseat it today.

Skyrim is not the problem it happens also at other games but I received the AS 5 and gonna reseat it today.
    AS5? Well I reapplied tim so many times but everytime I was failing with AS5. So goodluck :P Make sure you don't apply paste on the edges of the cpu.

Use this method and just do it exactly how I've drawn it with a 1-2mm width -> http://i.imgur.com/3bAc0qe.jpg

With all the good advice here.... I'm so surprised no one has told you to look for the ADMIN logging tools that windows has?
    You could ALL be wrong and it might be a simple case of a driver

Or I could be wrong but at least you can find out the error! Make sure you note what time the crash happens reload in safe mode and check out the log for around that time.

FYI: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/termsa...tive-tools.htm

Post back and let us know what you find I hope this helps & good luck sir !

EDIT: to get the admintools, just type into search admin into your search bar in the start bar.
    From there you'll see the admin tools.

Next have a look around there, don't worry you can't fadge anything up in there, just look around the same time of the crash and what you SHOULD find is either a red X or a yellow ! or both seconds before the crash.
    Open the log ( I'm not on my puk atm and I'm using a mac other wise I would talk you through it ) and find out what had crashed.

Report it back here and I'll look at it

Peace and good day sir !
    Last edited by Dark_light_uk; 2013-03-07 at 12:39 PM.

Deleted
    You're sure it's my grapichs card what is a good but cheap grapichs card?
    yes im sure as i said i had this exact same problem and i did everything people have mentioned on here, i reseated the heatsink on my cpu reseated my ram, tested both ram sticks etc etc nothing fixed it until i replaced the gpu. you dont have to get a different card you can replace it with another 7850 just dont get it from sapphire, sapphire admitted to using sub standard parts in their 78 series cards and claim to have fixed the problem but it seems you have one of the faulty cards, i suggest you rma it and buy another from a different brand, msi and evga are both reputable and im sure other people on the forums will have other brands they can reccomend.

Deleted
    No I fixed this problem by re applying my thermal paste but I forgot this tread.
    When I took off my heatsink I noticed the thermal paste was gone, cleaned my cpu and heatsink and re applied thermal paste and now when I play games like BF3 the temperatures are around the 60°
    Thanks for all the help guys really appreciate it.