Need help choosing a rogue main spec

LIke the title says I am looking for help with choosing a rogue main spec. The choice would be between Assassination and Combat due to the pure fact that I am not a huge fan of sub. I would like to focus on both worlds I want to be be able to perform well in both raids and PvP. As of such I am seeking help from the community that might be willing to help also not entirely knowledgeable of the buffs made in patch 5.2.

Assassination is pretty lackluster in PvP, but it's solid in PvE. Combat has some crazy burst in PvP, but it doesn't have SD utility/control like Subt; it's fine in PvE and getting buffed in 5.2 to be potentially on par with Mut.

Subt is really the best choice if you want to do both with one spec: it's already as good as Mut for PvE (at near-BiS levels) and definitely the best PvP spec. Luckily the game has dual speccing, so you don't have to choose just one.

do I have to use daggers with sub

Quote Originally Posted by murdax View Post
    do I have to use daggers with sub
    You don't have to, but it's optimal similar to how you don't have to use a 2.6 as Combat (but you will lose damage otherwise).