Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    Those are RTS series. They made Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness, Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, Starcraft, and Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty. Thats 5 RTS games. His point is that Warcraft III is the worst of those 5 and my guess would be because of the Hero units. It added a dose of roleplay elements to an RTS series. The way it was set up it placed too much importance on the Hero units which in turn de-emphasized some of the strategy elements.
    The best in the warcraft series. I fuckin loved that game.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    Those are RTS series. They made Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness, Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, Starcraft, and Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty. Thats 5 RTS games. His point is that Warcraft III is the worst of those 5 and my guess would be because of the Hero units. It added a dose of roleplay elements to an RTS series. The way it was set up it placed too much importance on the Hero units which in turn de-emphasized some of the strategy elements.
    I don't see how hero units de-emphasize strategy elements. If anything they only add to them.

You know what would be REALLY amazing? If we could decide in the game if Kerrigan stays human or becomes the Queen of Blades again. And then we'd have different final outcomes depending on what we chose in Void.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    You know what would be REALLY amazing? If we could decide in the game if Kerrigan stays human or becomes the Queen of Blades again. And then we'd have different final outcomes depending on what we chose in Void.
    And then EA would force them to make it so you had 3 generic options at the end of void instead of options based off your choices which would result in a collective "YOU PROMISED OUR CHOICES WOULD MATTER" backlash by the fans and they would receive some extended cut version of the ending.

>_>
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    And then EA would force them to make it so you had 3 generic options at the end of void instead of options based off your choices which would result in a collective "YOU PROMISED OUR CHOICES WOULD MATTER" backlash by the fans and they would receive some extended cut version of the ending.

>_>
    icwhatudidthar

Anyway back to the trailer. What are the chances that Jim Raynor actually dies? There is a line in the trailer after it looks like the QoB is beating Raynor that states "What would Raynor say if he COULD see you now?" Perhaps Jim may finally meet his maker severing Kerrigans last link to humanity?

I'm certainly a fan of all nearly all hope being lost before the climatic conclusion. Kerrigan going bat shit crazy again but in the end still playing her role in stopping the hybrids sounds great.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I don't know if this is true, but I have heard that there will be choices in the game where Kerrigan can make choices whether to follow her human or zerg instincts. The choices are probably similar to what Jim had to choose (different missions and bonuses). The ending will still probably be the same. It's inevitable that Sarah Kerrigan will again become the Zerg Queen, because we need her and the Zerg to join the Terran and Protoss and fight against the hybrids. However, she will not become the Queen of Blades again, she will still be Sarah Kerrigan. That's a big difference. At the end of the trailer she sounded sad when she transformed back into the Queen, saying she did what she had to. Kerrigan probably realizes she needs to sacrifice herself and become the Queen so that she can control them again and unite them against the hybrids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I don't think it's as simple as most people here think. I think I saw 2 kerrigans fighting in that trailer. 1 is ghost and 1 is QoB.
    There was definitely a red haired ghost in the cinematic, I saw it too. I don't know if it's some kind of cloned Kerrigan though, that remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    There was definitely a red haired ghost in the cinematic, I saw it too. I don't know if it's some kind of cloned Kerrigan though, that remains to be seen.
    I'm pretty sure the ghost is Nova - the ghost from WoL who's intent on killing Kerrigan.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I'm pretty sure the ghost is Nova - the ghost from WoL who's intent on killing Kerrigan.
    The hair is more reddish then the blond hair of Nova

Quote Originally Posted by BigAssBoy View Post
    The hair is more reddish then the blond hair of Nova
    Just went back and watched it again, I was definitely mistaken. It certainly looks exactly like human Kerrigan, same pony tail and hair brushed to the right. Potentially a battle in her mind between her human side and Zerg side?

Just went back and watched it again, I was definitely mistaken. It certainly looks exactly like human Kerrigan, same pony tail and hair brushed to the right. Potentially a battle in her mind between her human side and Zerg side?
    That is what I was thinking when I first saw the trailer.

...Wasn't it rated higher than Starcraft in pretty much every area and also declared their best RTS ever?

Addendum: Starcraft and Broodwar were often suggested as purchases only for the multiplayer, because the single player was considered "disappointing" by many reviewers/critics, as well as players. WC3 on the other hand was weaker multiplayer wise (though it developed a huge fan base for it regardless and of course DotA stemmed from that), but was regarded as the superior single player experience, both for missions and story.
    Only thing that Warcraft3 has that is better than SC and SC2 is story which is arguable(I think WC3 is slightly better because of its godly cinematics). Single player gameplay is better everytime Blizzard release new RTS. SC:BW/SC2/WC3 WC3 has the weakest multiplayer gameplay of them.