Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Resto PvE] Optimising restoration CDs-healing output ?

Hello guys!

I need help and expert opinion on healing cds So my questions are :

1. Ascendance - While in the form of a Water Ascendant, all healing done is duplicated and distributed evenly among nearby allies.

Is this time where you try to cast greater healing wave the most+rotate unleash elements+healing rain ?
    If not - what's our best option ?

2. The last tier - Primal elementalist vs. Unleashed fury

Are both elementals and their empower better than the 50% increased heal, and if not - which spell to empower with 50% healing bonus ?

(i know it's very situational - depends if raid or tank is taking dmg etc.etc., but that i find the most interesting about resto )

Any other good tips and tricks will be much appreciated

Thanks in advance, y'all

Deleted
    why wouldnt you use the elemental blast instead for the last tier talent?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    why wouldnt you use the elemental blast instead for the last tier talent?
    Is it even viable for resto ?

Uh...no.

Personally, I've seen people use either of the 90 talents that you mentioned (EB is just stupid for resto). I've used PE this entire tier, and it's actually getting a slight buff in the upcoming patch, so I'll be sticking with it.

And yeah, GHW or healing surge, whichever is the better choice when you blow Ascend (manawise).

Deleted
    i use PE for the DPS mostly. Unleashed fury is just +20% to a healing rain now and then, the normal unleash already gives 30% which is enough for me atleast.

I use Elemental Blast on farm fights. I make a macro to set the boss as focus. And have a focus cast macro for EB.

This way I can have my raid targeted for heals. Whilst just casting a offensive spell.

Fire Elemental pulls 44k during his uptime, if you're going for DPS I believe he kinda beats EB

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Fire Elemental pulls 44k during his uptime, if you're going for DPS I believe he kinda beats EB
    Well, I still have my FE/EE CD w/ EB, it doesn't go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
    Well, I still have my FE/EE CD w/ EB, it doesn't go away.
    Yeah, but he hits for way less when he's not PE.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    i use PE for the DPS mostly. Unleashed fury is just +20% to a healing rain now and then, the normal unleash already gives 30% which is enough for me atleast.
    Unfortunately Unleashed Fury doesn't work with Healing Rain. UF is a buff on your target, and your next single-target spell cast on that target will get buffed by 50%.

Deleted
    It kinda sucks that elemental blast isn't very competitive with the other lvl 90 talents as resto, what would make it a more interesting choise is if it could be used as a healing spell instead of a only damaging spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus93 View Post
    It kinda sucks that elemental blast isn't very competitive with the other lvl 90 talents as resto, what would make it a more interesting choise is if it could be used as a healing spell instead of a only damaging spell.
    Exactly. Just make it an Atonement-style heal.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

Deleted
    To get the most out of ascendance, use riptide, UE, and healing rain in that order just before you ascend. Then 2x healing surge, riptide, and spam healing surge + riptide on cd until ascendance ends. It's not worth it to cast a second HR (without UE) during ascendance. If mana is a concern replace surge with GHW or CH.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnywalker View Post
    Hello guys!

I need help and expert opinion on healing cds So my questions are :

1. Ascendance - While in the form of a Water Ascendant, all healing done is duplicated and distributed evenly among nearby allies.

Is this time where you try to cast greater healing wave the most+rotate unleash elements+healing rain ?
    If not - what's our best option ?

2. The last tier - Primal elementalist vs. Unleashed fury

Are both elementals and their empower better than the 50% increased heal, and if not - which spell to empower with 50% healing bonus ?

(i know it's very situational - depends if raid or tank is taking dmg etc.etc., but that i find the most interesting about resto )

Any other good tips and tricks will be much appreciated

Thanks in advance, y'all

1. For Ascendance you should always precast a unleased healing rain on a largest group of the raid then use Ascendance. During that time Healing surge or GHW is adivised. Make sure to have Tidal waves up for each cast.

2. This depends. The real reason for resto to have PE is to use thier ability that gives you a 10% to healing. Earth ele also gives 10% reduce dmg. This is a channel that makes your elemental not attack but give you those buffs. Its pretty good for times when extra healing is needed.
    Unleased Fury is prbly better for shamans that are going to single heal more often such as tank healing or even 10 man groups.

Deleted
    I've used PE this entire tier, and it's actually getting a slight buff in the upcoming patch, so I'll be sticking with it
    Where did you read this?

Quote Originally Posted by Gasmastarn View Post
    Where did you read this?
    its getting a 20% damage boost. I think i read it in the patch notes a while back
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2013-02-28 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasmastarn View Post
    Where did you read this?
    In the patch notes that were forever ago? Google it if you don't want to search through blues

In the patch notes that were forever ago? Google it if you don't want to search through blues
    Dont be Rude.

Anyways the dmg buff the elementals got should not be the reason you pick it as resto.

Uh...the PE Fire Elemental pulls at least 40k. If you're pushing any kind of fight, that dps is very nice and definitely a good reason why you should consider picking the talent, along with the +10% healing off the GCD if you Imbue/Empower. Still a good choice, who cares if I didn't list the full reason for picking it.

Uh...the PE Fire Elemental pulls at least 40k. If you're pushing any kind of fight, that dps is very nice and definitely a good reason why you should consider picking the talent, along with the +10% healing off the GCD if you Imbue/Empower. Still a good choice, who cares if I didn't list the full reason for picking it.
    No you just listed its dps capabilties which is the last thing a healer would really push for. If the dps are failing on the whole getting the boss down before enrage then its their fault not any of the healers as long as everyone was kept alive. Also note that above i mentioned the whole 10% bonus healing and the Earth ele gives a 10% dmg reduction as well.