Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    No you just listed its dps capabilties which is the last thing a healer would really push for. If the dps are failing on the whole getting the boss down before enrage then its their fault not any of the healers as long as everyone was kept alive. Also note that above i mentioned the whole 10% bonus healing and the Earth ele gives a 10% dmg reduction as well.
    If everyone is alive and you arent at a healing intense moment of a fight then why wouldnt you dps? Ive been in plenty of fights where i didnt dps where we wiped at 1-2% and i usually do around 5m damage which whilst pretty small, since im dpsing when theres low damage helps more than just spamming healing wave on someone full hp and im nearly always top healing at the end of it.
    Also just so you know the earth ele gives 20% damage reduction. I have no doubt that the reason resto shamans take the talent is for the 10% healing increase and the earth elemental i would just keep channeling since his damage is fairly low. But the fire elemental you can pretty easily make a macro to make it give you the extra healing when its needed and have him attack when theres no damage going out.

Deleted
    the Earth ele gives a 10% dmg reduction as well.
    According to the tooltip it gives a 20% damage reduction

That only validates using the Pe for only the buff even more.

Also this thread was about using healing Cooldowns to help with healing. Had nothing to do with Dps and choosing talents as a healer should never be about how can this improve my dps. It should always be about how I can keep my raid alive.

As for the whole what if there isnt a healing intense moment anymore so i shud send him on in....Well Totemic Restoration/Glyph of Fire Elemental Totem can make it where you have a better chance of having that 10% healing buff up more often.

But mainly this thread was about healing Cooldowns not dps cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    That only validates using the Pe for only the buff even more.

Also this thread was about using healing Cooldowns to help with healing. Had nothing to do with Dps and choosing talents as a healer should never be about how can this improve my dps. It should always be about how I can keep my raid alive.

As for the whole what if there isnt a healing intense moment anymore so i shud send him on in....Well Totemic Restoration/Glyph of Fire Elemental Totem can make it where you have a better chance of having that 10% healing buff up more often.

But mainly this thread was about healing Cooldowns not dps cooldowns.
    Except for the fact that you're not going to be healing 100% of the time if your group isn't terrible, so that leaves you with time to throw in some extra DPS on the boss. Not to mention neither PE or UE is really much of a healing cooldown anyway. If your group is sitting at 90%+, then there's no need for your EP FE to be sitting around channeling Imbue when he could be pulling some decent damage.

Earth Elemental is a joke damage-wise, not sure I've ever not immediately made him Imbue me after whipping him out. Also, could I get a link to your armory?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ation/advanced

Great chance you will see me in my none enchanted gemmed never reforged enhancement gear i use to do dailies in.