Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question [TV Shows] What Series should I watch next?!

As it states, what should I watch next? Heres my preference. I like shows that reel me in and almost make me feel as if I ENGULFED in the show, like when something big happens I actually say in RL "OH NO OH NO DONT DO IT" And then they throw in a curve ball and your like AHHHH or ones that make me cry because im that into it. I like things that aren't real, so no dramas E.G Holy Oak, The only way is Essex , Corrination Street , Neighbors and all those drama soaps, I don't care for them.

What I have watched (which will give you more insight of my taste) Keep in mind i prefer series that are quite far in so I can watch ALOT of it.

Dexter, Chuck, Lost, Firefly (Obviously!) Heroes. (Probs more but I can't think of them yet)

So what would you suggest? (Haven't watched breaking bad due to it not being close to finish yet)
    Last edited by kaption; 2013-02-27 at 01:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaption View Post
    As it states, what should I watch next? Heres my preference. I like shows that reel me in and almost make me feel as if I ENGULFED in the show, like when something big happens I actually say in RL "OH NO OH NO DONT DO IT" And then they throw in a curve ball and your like AHHHH or ones that make me cry because im that into it. I like things that aren't real, so no dramas E.G Holy Oak, The only way is Essex , Corrination Street , Neighbors and all those drama soaps, I don't care for them.

What I have watched (which will give you more insight of my taste) Keep in mind i prefer series that are quite far in so I can watch ALOT of it.

Dexter, Chuck, Lost, Firefly (Obviously!) Heroes. (Probs more but I can't think of them yet)

So what would you suggest? (Haven't watched breaking bad due to it not being close to finish yet)
    I think Breaking Bad is in the final season. There are 5 seasons to watch until the last half season 5 is released. It's by far one of the best series ever.

The Wire is also amazing.

You should check out Fringe. One of my favorite shows of the last decade.

my favorite show is justified. it's based on elmore leonard stuff, so it gets crazy. you'd want to start from the beginning if you can
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Guess I will watch the rest of breaking bad then. Gonna check fringe out, sounds interesting. (just the name)

Thanks for all the tips keep em comming (btw I suggest watching dexter its pretty good, some seasons are fillers but the rest are amazing!)

Deleted
    I would recommend Once upon a time. Great show

10+ Year Old Account
    House of Cards (US). You need Netflix though.

The Shield.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Wire. Must see. Greatest TV series I have ever seen.

Battlestar Galactica Some parts in the middle drag a bit, but overall really great sci-fi series.

Sherlock The recent BBC series. Two seasons of 3 episodes each but each is about the length of a film. Crazy good.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Ok, yes it is a cartoon but it is a really well made one. I passed it off as some kids show until a friend of mine talked me into watching it and I was hooked bit time. Just could not stop watching it, it was so addicting!

Boardwalk Empire It is still ongoing, but three seasons thus far. About prohibition era Atlantic City. Really well made. Probably my second favorite HBO series after The Wire.

10+ Year Old Account
    BBC series Sherlock is awesome, definitely worth a watch.

Game of Thrones if you haven't already, I watched the first season without ever reading the books and I was on the edge of my seat every episode.

Suits is also great, season 2 finished last week.

The walking dead, breaking bad, Game of Thrones, falling skies, Sherlock just for starters.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Game of Thrones is an AMAZING series right now.

Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones are absolute musts if you like good TV-series. I'm watching The Walking Dead atm, it's decent.

Like others have said, Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones would be at the top of the list.

Battlestar Galactica is excellent as well. Carnivale was a great series, still one of my favorites, but only had two seasons before getting canceled early.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

Deleted
    its oldish (started in 2004 and ended 2011) but WATCH ENTOURAGE, i was skeptical at first, but within 5 days ive watched all 8 seasons of it, it is by god damn amazing, and its long so if your not a mad head like me that watches all the show as soon as i love it, itll last a while!

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Avatar: The Last Airbender Ok, yes it is a cartoon but it is a really well made one. I passed it off as some kids show until a friend of mine talked me into watching it and I was hooked bit time. Just could not stop watching it, it was so addicting!
    Heh, oddly enough it was that terrible terrible movie that inspired me to watch the series. I'd ignored the show when it was on TV as well, but after the movie came out I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. All I know for sure is I'm glad I wasn't a fan of the franchise when Shamalamadingdong released that atrocity.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2013-02-27 at 10:53 PM.

Deleted
    - Breaking Bad, best TV show I've ever seen. Only Breaking Bad and The Wire are consistently at the top of everybody's list
    - Homeland, fantastic espionage/CIA thriller with a very unique premise that's quite underrated.
    - Game of Thrones, awesome mix of fantasy and corrupt politics and leaders.
    - The Walking Dead for zombies and action. Season 1 and 3 are very strong, 2 is lackluster but still ok.
    - House, a medical drama but a really good one.

So many good series that the only way to watch them all is to quit your job, education and social life to see them all.

Series I currently follow:
    Arrow, which I have watched a few episodes of, season one is still running, it's decent, pretty Batman-esqe, so if someone is having need of dark rich avenger, this is a place to get it.

Sherlock, two seasons, six episodes, short movie length aka 1 1/2 hour per episode. If you liked the movies, or crime series, chances are you will like this.

Game of Thrones, mentioned several times already, a must watch and season 3 is soon starting.

Breaking Bad, also mentioned several times. Last 8 episodes coming in four-five months time.

The Walking Dead, it's pretty good, but the comic is better. The game is good too, in case you don't know.

Once upon a time, awesome show too, not too popular as of yet, which is a shame. Gets better and better.

Doctor Who, waaaaaatch. You can start from season 1 or season 5. In case you start watching season 1 and don't like it, try to skip to season 5.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, join the herd!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Am I the only person who HATES Breaking Bad?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Vegas - Set in 1960's, is worth watching. Third episode airs on Sky Atlantic (in the UK) on Thursday @ 21:00 I think. Dennis Quaid is awesome, and it is not at all what I was expecting.

Elementary - US take on the Sherlock Holmes story. Stars Jonny Lee Miller as Sherlock and Lucy Lui as Dr. Watson, set in present day New York. Well worth a watch, and I even found myself rooting for Sherlock despite his very obvious character flaws (He's played excellently by Miller, very moody and quirky). Shown on Sky Living on Tuesday @ 21:00 in the UK.
    Last edited by mmoc6ea4fad3c3; 2013-02-28 at 01:35 PM.