Page 1 of 2
LastLast

9-year-old rapper's adult-themed videos prompt state probe

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/25/us/mas...ion/index.html

A 9-year-old rapper's adult-themed music videos are finding some new viewers -- Massachusetts child welfare authorities.
    The child, Luie Rivera Jr., whose stage name is "Lil Poopy," is seen in videos posted online, including on YouTube, smacking a woman's backside, flashing wads of cash, riding in a Ferrari and rapping about how "coke is not a bad word."

A separate video shows the young performer in a nightclub with a dancing woman in a sexually suggestive position, with people in the crowd throwing cash.
    The Brockton, Massachusetts, police department contacted the state's Department of Children and Families after receiving a call from a "concerned citizen" who saw the boy in videos featuring sexual themes and drug references. The state agency is brought in when there is suspicion of physical, mental, or emotional abuse of a child, according to Brockton police Lt. Robert Sergio.

"An investigation is now open," said Cayenne Isaksen, public affairs director for the state agency. Isaksen would not discuss details about the investigation, but added that non-emergency investigations typically take no longer than 15 days.

Lil Poopy is a member of internationally known, Moroccan-born rapper French Montana's group, Coke Boys.

According to CNN affiliate WCVB, Luis Rivera, Lil Poopy's father, says his son is "not doing anything wrong," and that he planned on contacting his lawyer.
    CNN has been unable to independently reach the elder Rivera.

Sergio said Monday that no court orders are in place and no criminal charges have been filed.

Lil Poopy?

Really?

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Deleted
    he should get arrested for naming himself Lil Poopy

Deleted
    Lil poopy hmmm, And then he'll be 30 years old!! The video looks innapropriate though, I wonder if the child really suffered from abuse or just bad parenting. As for coke being a bad word, I suppose he's not rapping about the drink... It's still just a word though.
    I think they're a bit overreacting.
    Last edited by mmoce3c3da46cf; 2013-02-27 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Lil Poopy?

Really?

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
    does this mean he has ho's, coke, ferrari's... but isnt potty trained? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Friggin' horrible man, i hope he won't be the next harlem shake

10+ Year Old Account
    Are Americans always this serious? do that here and nobody would give a shit.
    Aye mate

I shudder at the thought of what will become of our doomed race in the next 100 years ...
    We seem to be good at making crappy trends: harlem shakes, memes, bad parenting, ... who knows where it'll end.

I Would assume the line "coke is not a bad word" is also referring to the name of their group "Coke Boys", just like Lil Wayne saying Young mula is referring to his group Young Money. Obviously its hinting at the drug as well but its just in bad taste. I really don't think they are feeding this kid cocaine.

the attorney in the video said "i would absolutely let one of my children participate in one of the videos if they had that type of talent." hmm... talent? really? and who would let their child participate in that type of content? gross. >.<
    Last edited by reef; 2013-02-27 at 03:41 AM.

I imagine the boys upbringing has already ensured he will never have a positive influence on anyone around him.

Well not short of beating it out of him over the rest of his childhood but that's just not a legal option.
    So yeah enjoy seeing your tax dollars pay for his offspring when he is older and in prison on domestic abuse and drug charges.

Kid needs his ass beat.Pathetic.
    "Chaos boils in my veins."

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be hilarious to have the police pretend to arrest him so the brat would shit his pants and finally live up to his stage name.

Well I'd say a 9 year old could probably write better lyrics than most major hip hop stars today.

"See roses really smell like poo poo poo poo" for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidegrade View Post
    I imagine the boys upbringing has already ensured he will never have a positive influence on anyone around him.

Well not short of beating it out of him over the rest of his childhood but that's just not a legal option.
    So yeah enjoy seeing your tax dollars pay for his offspring when he is older and in prison on domestic abuse and drug charges.
    Or he could end up owning a portion of a professional basketball team, just sayin.

To be fair, this kid has way more street cred than I do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am actually wondering whether this is better or worse parenting than just having abandoned the child on the doorstep of some church/police station/school. Probably worse.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    That's ridiculous, the father needs a swift kick to the head and that attorney? Yeah I don't think he's being entirely honest about himself doing the same thing with his child, if he knew any better (And he probably does) he'd know that would land him in a predicament with child protection agencies.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-02-27 at 04:00 AM.

Who'se to say that this 9 year old isn't already doing this? I mean, I am not saying he's actively doing it, but its not entirely improbable that he isn't.

This investigation is a waste of tax dollars

---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 11:07 PM ----------

I'm going to guess you are one of those people that believe these rappers in question bought their Ferraris using food stamps and your tax dollars....