Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ghrolt View Post
    Friendzoned. Stay away.
    Disagree.

Friendzones lead to other girls. Other girls lead to other opportunities.

Just don't set your heart on this one. Screw the sister instead, if you get my drift.

Quote Originally Posted by Woeful View Post
    Disagree.

Friendzones lead to other girls. Other girls lead to other opportunities.

Just don't set your heart on this one. Screw the sister instead, if you get my drift.
    You are indeed friend-zoned. If you hang out with this one, though, she'll introduce you around. At the very least, to her friends and perhaps the sister. The playfulness may mean that you might get a friends-with-benefits situation but do not confuse this with commitment. That kind of thing usually comes with absolutely zero strings attached and if something does happen between the two of you, it won't last.

I wouldn't want anything more from this one as it sounds like she does have the aforementioned self esteem issues as well as certain expectations from someone she's with (like the money thing). Someone like that, though, is bound to have friends as insecure people surround themselves with others in order to feel more secure. Hot sister is bound to have hot friends, or at the very least be far more secure with herself than the one you've met. Unless you're the type that digs the broken girls (I can fall into this category) you need to just be friends and nothing more.

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 11:11 AM ----------

I knew a girl like this once. She was a bombshell, but an emotional basket-case. She was new to the area, so I introduced her around. Took her to a few parties, dancing, etc. She was cool to have around, funny as hell and good to look at. Guys that didn't know we weren't dating were jealous of me, and girls that didn't know were jealous of her. It was a good segway, though, at clubs and bars. We got each other laid more times than I can count, that is once we used the fact that we weren't together as an icebreaker. Girls are interested in what other girls have, or what they could have. The same goes for guys.

Edit: That girl and I never hooked up, not once. And you know, I'm glad for it. She was a good friend and the perfect wingman. You don't ever fix what isn't broken.
    Last edited by treehumper; 2013-02-27 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xl House lX View Post
    Difference between liking someone and wanting to "hook up". Keep in mind this is the first time I have ever hung out with this girl, so it's not like there is crazy physical contact like hugging, etc. But yes there was a little physical contact like pokes here and there.
    Meh, late into the thread, but you replied to Spectral incorrectly.

He meant something like this:

The two of you are sitting at a booth talking. Make eye contact. When you lean forward, she leans forward. When you put your hand on the table, she does too. When you look out the window, she does too. This shit isn't blatant obvious "i'mma jump your bone" stuff. It's just reading people. In the context of physical attraction, it's either there or it isn't, and it shouldn't be difficult to tell.

And get used to reading people. It's an important life skill.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

This is just me(and I can be a weenie sometimes), if I'm interested but too intimidated to ask a guy out, I just look at them a lot and strike up conversations when I'm able to. Otherwise I'll just ask them out directly.

Some girls are very straightforward, some give REALLY awful signs. Depends on the girl. I don't think your friend was hinting at anything OP, other than needing money. Although when a woman makes a comment about someone being prettier than them, it's a not-so-subtle sign that she wants you to tell her she's way hotter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lucky you that you aren't the type of guy that makes a big deal out of small and most likely insignificant things.

This girl that goes to the same karate practice as i do, which i happen to be attracted to, rarely speaks to me, and when she does, treats me like im some 40 year guy even though im 25 and she's like 20 or 21. The other night after training she, out of nowhere, asked me if i wanted a ride home and i, being the dumb asshole that i am, declined. I also get the feeling that she looks at me a lot.

But then again, that might be just me being paranoid and making a big deal out of nothing, as i usually do when it comes to women.

There is no way to tell. Every girl is different. I've been a very sexy guy in my time, and I've seen girls behave in the full spectrum of responses. Some are very aggressive and will rub up against me and make overtly sexual moves. Some will outright ask me to come over to their place. Others will laugh at everything I say. There are those that will pass me a note telling me they think I'm sexy.

Then there are those carried a torch for me for 2 years and didn't tell anyone, and then it suddenly came out. Some have outright ignored me, but not because they disliked me, but because they were too scared. One girl came up to me, ran her fingers thru my hair, rested her forehead against mine, then strutted away...I immediately went after her and she ran away like a chicken and I never saw her again. Another girl told everyone she liked me but never said one WORD to me or interacted with me in any way...eventually some friends told me...so I approached her and she ran away like a chicken.

Sometimes I ask them out and they flat out refuse. Then later, maybe a day later, a week later, a month later, they come up to me and start flirting.

Good luck. There is no consistency. There is no signal to tell you anything.

The only advice I can give you is ASK THEM OUT. If they say no, it may not even mean no. It may just mean not right now. Maybe they got something going on like a medical problem or it could be something as stupid as a bad zit they are embarrassed about so they wait 2 weeks for the problem to clear up. One girl I asked out said no but it turns out it was because she thought she was too fat so she went on a crash diet for 3 weeks then she out of nowhere got in touch with me and said yes. Ask girls out en masse, and then BE READY for the YES which may come at any time, any place, out of nowhere....or never at all.
    Last edited by Grummgug; 2013-06-03 at 05:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go for the drunkest one. Mission accomplished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by larrakeyah View Post
    Go for the drunkest one. Mission accomplished.
    Or, the be drunkest one (just not obnoxiously so) and then go for the one that looks fine, who will turn out to be someone of equal drunkeness because the sober ones will come across as stuck up and the vomiting one is just... eww.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

My rule is that, I'm such a funny and charming guy with an great sense of humor that it's kind of strange that they wouldn't like me. Same principle as innocent until proven guilty. Or in this case, guilty until proven innocent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I think I would save michal jordan's life. That guy was just such a great singer
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't pay for food for anyone I'm not sleeping with and you shouldn't either.