Leveling ?: Heal Dungeons 85-90 or DPS and quest?

As the title says, Resto seems to kick ass at healing through dungeons, I'm wondering if it would be faster to just sit in a city and Q as heals for dungeons, or if I should switch to Boomy and do quests and Q as DPS

Thank you!

(yeah, I googled it, searched the forums... the whole 9) :3

Also, my average wait time as heals is around 5 minutes, as DPS around 25
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

Queue as Healer to do dungeon quests while questing as DPS at same time. Stop queueing for dungeons after no more dungeon quests.

Are you looking for efficiency or entertainment? I'm currently leveling up a few toons at once just doing random stuff for an hour or so and switching toons or logging off. It's making the leveling experience much more enjoyable for me.

Heal until you get bored senseless of doing the same dungeon over and over is my recommendation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Healing dungeons is much slower than questing. I'd only suggest chain running them if you don't want to quest or have a long list of videos on youtube to watch. :3

I say this because it's what I've been doing on my priest. Even as a smiter who's equivalent to a 4th dps, the runs still aren't fast enough to exceed questing speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with almost all of the posters here, XP in dungeons was nerfed to the point that questing is more efficient than chain dungeons once you have done the quests.. use them to break the monotony of questing once you have done all the dungeon quests.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Just curious, are dungeons still less efficient when you have full rest XP? It will affect all xp from dungeons, but only the kill enemies portion of xp from questing. Anyone have feedback on this from experience?

Deleted
    When i lvl a new character i quest and doing dungeons. After a while i get bored of questing and a dungeon is a nice break from that. Have lvled both healers and dps. I think questing is faster but if you get bored do some dungeons instead.

So my suggestion is that do what you find fun.

Before MoP dungeon exp was good, now quest exp is much faster. Every time you unlock a dungeon queue for it for the rewards then go back to questing. This always means by the time you hit 90 you will be sitting at 435ish ilvl from quest rewards instead of 411 from dungeoning, so you can transition to heroics and end game content much faster, plus rep is vital this tier, you need to quest with shado pan and especially klaxxi.

Quote Originally Posted by Slak View Post
    Before MoP dungeon exp was good, now quest exp is much faster. Every time you unlock a dungeon queue for it for the rewards then go back to questing. This always means by the time you hit 90 you will be sitting at 435ish ilvl from quest rewards instead of 411 from dungeoning, so you can transition to heroics and end game content much faster, plus rep is vital this tier, you need to quest with shado pan and especially klaxxi.
    This late into 5.1 not really. Shado-Pan Assault gear doesn't require an average ilvl to access and it's not too difficult to get access to the first four items (Neutral = Neck, Friendly = Trinket, Ring, Bracer) in just the first week. Now if you're using the 489/496 gear to cheat the LFR system then I suppose but I still wouldn't stress anything beyond Shieldwall/DO, Kirin Tor/Sunreaver and Klaxxi.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would queue as DPS while you quest, but only until you've completed all the dungeon quests. After you've done them all, it's more efficient to just keep questing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quest for XP. Dungeon to break up things.

Contrary to what trubo says, you can't get all four 5.2 rep items in week one simply because you won't have enough VP. Even figuring you want those (you do), you wont be very powerful with just those and a bunch of 410 dungeon gear. You really want to hit 90 around 435 ilevel so you can do heroic 5 mans and get 463 blues (or just do scenarios for 450-463s).

Keep this in mind for 90:

1) Heroic dungeons need 430 or 435 to queue for (can't remember which),
    2) LFR wants 460, 470 for HoF and Terrace.
    3) 5.2 LFR (ToT) wanted 480

Assuming you want to raid, you'll need some way to move away from your fresh 90 gear and the easiest way to do that is to ding as close to 435 as you can. Other options are to buy crafted/BoE gear if gold isn't an issue. You'll need some way to move from 435 to 480 though if you want to raid 5.2 stuff.

on the other hand if you dont care about endgame raiding (even LFR), then it's just down to whether you want to max leveling speed. If so, quest. If you want to do it quickly but you'd like to see the dungeons, do that. Just don't level exclusively in dungeons unless you a) hate questing and/or b) don't care at all about speed and love healing 5 mans.