Symbiosis Rebirth - Vuhdo

Having an issue plugging Rebirth into VuhDo's local spells so that I can use it as a mouseover. What do I need to type in the box to get it to work? Anyone know?

in vuhdo i just added it to a unused spell slot (shift mouse wheel down) then it works with the vuhdo frames. just type Rebirth in the box and when you have synbiosis it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by zepyjoe View Post
    in vuhdo i just added it to a unused spell slot (shift mouse wheel down) then it works with the vuhdo frames. just type Rebirth in the box and when you have synbiosis it works fine.
    That's what I do but it doesn't work. I have to click on the frame and have the person targeted for it to work rather than it being a mouseover like all the other spells I've put into VuhDo. I'm stumped.

I am a Hunter and I've noticed that typing /cast dash makes it so my pet casts dash instead of me casting dash when I have symbiosis but when I do /cast symbiosis as a Hunter it casts my Symbiosis spell. Try /cast Symbiosis and see if it works.

It should not make a difference, But when you dont have the buff there no spell in your spellbook,so one time when i had the buff i dragged the rebirth icon to a action bar,
    there might be a bug where vuhdo cant find the spell with out it on a action bar...

I haven't tested rebirth but I have a macro for Life Grip.

Macro name: LB
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=vuhdo] Leap of Faith

In vuhdo I use the macro name: LB in the spell text box for my middle mouse button. When I click my middle mouse button on a vuhdo frame life grip is casted on the targeted frame.

The problem is vuhdo has a smart rez feature and I am not sure that works well with the macro and not being a druid?

So you might be able to just replace the life grip portion with just rebirth or you may have to play with the smart cast options (either off or on) in order for the macro to work?

Quote Originally Posted by Promethieus View Post
    I am a Hunter and I've noticed that typing /cast dash makes it so my pet casts dash instead of me casting dash when I have symbiosis but when I do /cast symbiosis as a Hunter it casts my Symbiosis spell. Try /cast Symbiosis and see if it works.
    /cast Dash(Symbiosis)

^ works as well, at least for dash that's given to hunters. But no real reason to use it if /cast Symbiosis works, as it's more generalized.

I just shift clicked the above into a macro from the spell book when I had symbiosis to make it work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does Vuhdo use the [@mouseover] condition? If so, it's pretty obvious why it isn't working. Symbiosis is an extremely buggy spell to macro. I've tried /cast [@mouseover]Symbiosis, but it doesn't really work that well. Though, using /cast [@mouseover](Symiosis spell you get) does work. The only thing that bugs me with that macro is that the tooltip doesn't work responsively, even if you use #showtooltip Symbiosis when you switch symbiosis spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Does Vuhdo use the [@mouseover] condition? If so, it's pretty obvious why it isn't working. Symbiosis is an extremely buggy spell to macro. I've tried /cast [@mouseover]Symbiosis, but it doesn't really work that well. Though, using /cast [@mouseover](Symiosis spell you get) does work. The only thing that bugs me with that macro is that the tooltip doesn't work responsively, even if you use #showtooltip Symbiosis when you switch symbiosis spells.
    I'll give the /cast [@mouseover]Rebirth macro a shot instead of plugging it into VuhDo, thanks.

By the way, put #showtooltip Rebirth in the macro instead of #showtooltip Symbiosis and it works just fine.

[edit] - macro didn't work
    Last edited by Mortal Strike; 2013-02-28 at 08:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Vale View Post
    I'll give the /cast [@mouseover]Rebirth macro a shot instead of plugging it into VuhDo, thanks.

By the way, put #showtooltip Rebirth in the macro instead of #showtooltip Symbiosis and it works just fine.

[edit] - macro didn't work
    Hmm, I knew it. I wasn't 100% sure whether I was using
    /target [@mouseover]
    /cast Intervene
    /targetlasttarget

or

/cast [@mouseover]Intervene
    on my druid. Mustve been the first one.

Is there a way to put this macro in vuhdo?

/target [@mouseover,help]
    /cast Symbiosis (or symbiosis spell you get)
    /targetlasttarget [help
    ]

if so, that macro should work.

For vuhdo you use: [target=vuhdo]
    to target the vuhdo raid frames.

For using macros in vuhdo, you just type in the name of the macro. If Vuhdo recognizes the macro, it will put a macro label by the name.
    Don't name your macro the same as the spell or vuhdo don't recognize it.