Warlock and Challenge Modes

This question has probably been asked here many times before, but as I cant find a decent answer I thought i'd re-ask:
    What is the best spec to dps CMs in? Is gold quite achievable in all 3?

I've been told demo is the way to go, but it feels gimmicky and clunky so i'm really hoping I wont need to learn it properly.
    P.S. are there any build guides for locks in CMs anyone has knowledge of?
    Thanks
    ~Vayuu
    ~Lapietra
    ~Lapslock
    ~Rubmybeam

[Barthilas]

mmo-champion.com/threads/1261784-Warlock-Challenge-Mode-Guide
    helped me a lot

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lap View Post
    This question has probably been asked here many times before, but as I cant find a decent answer I thought i'd re-ask:
    What is the best spec to dps CMs in? Is gold quite achievable in all 3?

I've been told demo is the way to go, but it feels gimmicky and clunky so i'm really hoping I wont need to learn it properly.
    P.S. are there any build guides for locks in CMs anyone has knowledge of?
    Thanks
    I completed every challenge mode with gold times as a Demonology Warlock. Each spec is viable, if you play it correctly. But some are better suited to specific instances.

Our general group composition was;
    Guardian Druid - Tank
    Holy Paladin - Healer
    Mage - RDPS
    Myself - RDPS
    Windwalker Monk - MDPS

To be honest, the only difficult challenge mode is Stormstout Brewery, due to the tight timer. In general, all challenge modes have one challenging pull and the rest of the mechanics are easily avoided after a dry run or two.

If you choose to play Demonology, I recommend the following build:
    T1 - Harvest Life
    T2 - Shadowfury (for coordinating damage mitigation on larger trashpulls/cast interupts)
    T3 - Dark Bargain (for those 'oh shit' moments)
    T4 - Unbound Will
    T5 - Grimoire of Service
    T6 - Kil'jaeden's Cunning
    Glyphs: Soul Consumption/Imp Swarm

Also, if you are wondering...I'm an engineer/tailor. Landsharks are pretty effect on large AoE trashpacks.

Here are some of our gold runs from a month or so ago, from my PoV:

Hope that helps.

I've been destro for 9/9 gold.

But as in the Challenge Mode guide thread posted further down here emphasizes the fact that all 3 specs are perfectly viable. What I enjoy with destruction is that you pretty much always have 4 embers up for the bosses due to shadowburns on trash. Destro is very good at clearing trash in CM's because of this. Havoc also plays a role in either ember generation or ember consumement.

We didn't even run a perfect comp.

Blood DK
    Assas Rogue
    Surv/BM Hunter
    Destro lock
    Holy Pala

My suggestion is this: Play what you feel comfortable with, all 3 specs is able to complete gold times.