Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Garrosh's Horde.

Garrosh had done many things as Warchief of the Horde.

He has polluted rivers, destroyed cities and lead conquests of areas once peaceful.

He has also brought wealth, safety and a new lease on life for those who follow his Ideals.

Clearly, he is not working though, he opresses opinions that are not his own, he is wasteful, brutish and hateful.

But is an Aggresive Horde, an Active Horde, a Bad thing?

Sitting in the desert did the Orcs nothing, it watched them slowly die away and their proud culture stagnate.

Another Thrall would be worse than Garrosh, a symbol of subservience for the Horde not to look up to, but to feel looked down Upon.

The Horde is a united faction of Outcasts, united by a purpose to be strong together and protected together. The Horde is Family, and Family should look out for it's own first.

Sure, destroy the Alliance and fight dragons on your own with your "family".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Sure, destroy the Alliance and fight dragons on your own with your "family".
    If the Alliance thinks the Horde should back down, should let it's people starve or go without homes, then let the Alliance be destroyed.

If Dragons wish to try and oppress the Horde, let them be Swept Aside.

The Horde is about Strength, not just physical or martial, but Strength of Spirit, or purpose and of Unity. They stand together, and let nothing cast them down again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    If the Alliance thinks the Horde should back down, should let it's people starve or go without homes, then let the Alliance be destroyed.
    I agree, destroy the Alliance because people who defend their homes and want their stuff to be left alone and aren't willing to give it up without any compensation are horrible people. I think the story would be better that way.

'Sitting in the desert did the Orcs nothing'

If orcs knew anything other than mindless war and aggression, they could have made a nice home even in that place.

Sitting in the desert did the Orcs nothing, it watched them slowly die away and their proud culture stagnate.

Another Thrall would be worse than Garrosh, a symbol of subservience for the Horde not to look up to, but to feel looked down Upon.
    The hell are you talking about?

A) Durotar isn't a desert.
    B) How can Orcish culture stagnate when Thrall led them out of stagnation and subjugation and created a cultural renaissance where they rediscovered their Shamanic roots? How quickly we forget.
    C) Subservience? Thrall led the Orcs out of internment camps to freedom. Including, let's not forget, Grom Hellscream (who then immediately went and got himself and his followers enslaved by the Legion again by the way). And if it wasn't for Thrall Garrosh would still be moping around Nagrand refusing to look after the best interests of his people.

But hey whatever, you go ahead with your crappy stupid personal headcanon instead of what ACTUALLY happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

How do orcs have a proud culture? They have nothing to be proud about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I

Don't

Understand

the

point

of

this

thread!

Why do people feel the need to type like that. There are paragraphs and there are sentences learn the difference.

Need i link all the threads that have talked about this subject to death? I still don't understand the point of this thread. You are just pointing out the obvious and telling us? for?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    How do orcs have a proud culture? They have nothing to be proud about.
    The fact that not that long ago they were in prison camps. Now they rule half of azeroth? In such a short period of time that is something to be proud of.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    So what if I like to kill night elves?

so what if I'm destroying all the trees?

So what If I don't listen to my advisors?

You don't know my story! - Garrosh Hellscream, right before we put him down.

Just get rid of the Alliance. It's okay for Alliance nations to starve and be homeless when the Horde comes through and takes everything they want to remedy their "condition". Alliance races don't mean shit anyways. Might as well get rid of them, let the Horde family start getting dysfunctional since there's no more Alliance races and resources to destroy and exhaust.

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 05:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    The fact that not that long ago they were in prison camps. Now they rule half of azeroth? In such a short period of time that is something to be proud of.
    yaya, just like the Third Reich was a beacon of pride amongst Germans reeling from the humiliation and poverty of losing WWI.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The hell are you talking about?

A) Durotar isn't a desert.
    B) How can Orcish culture stagnate when Thrall led them out of stagnation and subjugation and created a cultural renaissance where they rediscovered their Shamanic roots? How quickly we forget.
    C) Subservience? Thrall led the Orcs out of internment camps to freedom. Including, let's not forget, Grom Hellscream (who then immediately went and got himself and his followers enslaved by the Legion again by the way). And if it wasn't for Thrall Garrosh would still be moping around Nagrand refusing to look after the best interests of his people.

But hey whatever, you go ahead with your crappy stupid personal headcanon instead of what ACTUALLY happened.
    Thrall lead them to Shamanistic routes, but Not all Orcs were Shaman, They were Hunters, Warriors. He seeks peace, a worthy aspect, but he kept the Orcs and Horde bottled in, or tried to. As evidence, Garrosh shows that the Orcs needed the resources of Ashenvale.

And while he lead them out of the internment camps, he kept them under HIS ideals of Peace, Peace when Alliance sit on your doorstep in Fortresses, who destroy your camps to look for trinkets in the ground, and who threaten you at every turn.

Thrall was so Adamant on wanting Peace, he held the Horde back for what it should be doing, Forging Peace with it's own hands, and proving to all others that they should not be pushed around.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the biggest problem with Garrosh is that he has blurred the line between the Horde and what he thinks is the Horde. The type of character who is so vexed by their passions they begin to believe what they personally believe in is exactly what the group or culture they represent also stands for.

In other words Garrosh uses the Horde as means towards his own ends believing his values aren't his values but the values of the Horde as a whole. His personality literally has brought new meaning to the Horde.

I think at the end of the story arc played out in Mists of Pandaria, we'll see a stronger Horde with renewed conviction resolved to never let another tyrant or warmonger take the mantle of war-chief again. I just hope there will still be War in Warcraft after the fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    yaya, just like the Third Reich was a beacon of pride amongst Germans reeling from the humiliation and poverty of losing WWI.
    Yes because this is real life? Garrosh is killing millions of jews now? I hate when people use real life as an example of something in a game. Has he got camps full of night elves that he plans to kill?
    Aye mate

it's own hands, and proving to all others that they should not be pushed around.
    You're right. Garrosh and his Horde will have peace when the last Alliance race member is cut down. That's his terms. Seems good enough. Slavery is a solution and when that doesn't work, genocide. yep, morally on top too, bringing peace on his terms since the Cataclysm. Get rid of the Alliance entirely, there can be peace through the final solution.

Deleted
    Just get rid of the Alliance. It's okay for Alliance nations to starve and be homeless when the Horde comes through and takes everything they want to remedy their "condition". Alliance races don't mean shit anyways. Might as well get rid of them, let the Horde family start getting dysfunctional since there's no more Alliance races and resources to destroy and exhaust.
    If you were the Leader of a Nation, would you sit down and let your people starve while those next to you turn up their chins and act arrogant, stuffing their bellies with abundance and refusing to help you?

The Night Elves and Orcs were not so different, but they refused to help them and they reap the results of such actions.

Yes because this is real life? Garrosh is killing millions of jews now? I hate when people use real life as an example of something in a game. Has he got camps full of night elves that he plans to kill?
    Real world is the inspiration. Not denigrating history, but its funny seeing people not finding clearly amoral action acceptable (just coz it's a video game so it's not what they really think).

Deleted
    Let us not forget that Despite what the Third Reich did in the camps, they DID save Germany from forever being a cultural and economical wasteland.

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 05:41 AM ----------

You're right. Garrosh and his Horde will have peace when the last Alliance race member is cut down. That's his terms. Seems good enough. Slavery is a solution and when that doesn't work, genocide. yep, morally on top too, bringing peace on his terms since the Cataclysm. Get rid of the Alliance entirely, there can be peace through the final solution.
    Again, you see this on one petty side.

Garrosh needs to feed his people, he needs to build them homes and he needs to clothe them also. Why should he care for the Alliance? What have they ever done for the Horde?

If you were the Leader of a Nation, would you sit down and let your people starve while those next to you turn up their chins and act arrogant, stuffing their bellies with abundance and refusing to help you?
    No, I'd murder every last one of them for knowing how to survive, then I'd burn their libraries to the ground so their knowledge is lost forever, but not before enslaving them for a while to build stuff for me. They deserve it!

The Night Elves and Orcs were not so different, but they refused to help them and they reap the results of such actions.
    Yes you're right, orcs just needed help. You're right, everyone had it coming for not giving handouts to those poor, innocent orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Part of me wishes Garrosh was sticking around instead of getting canned in the final raid of MoP. I felt in Cataclysm we had some good character development in respect to Garrosh learning and growing into his station. It feels like cutting it short by just molding him into a common enemy by having him regress to his old habits when in Cataclysm, in my opinion, we saw some if a little promise of Garrosh becoming a more fair minded leader.