Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm not sure there's much point capping VP before going into 5.2.

For a start, you'll be then unable to upgrade your weapon. If you get unlucky with drops, you could be using that weapon for a while and you want it to be as good as it gets.

For another, isn't the new VP gear behind a reputation wall? Chances are you'll get capped before getting enough rep to buy a meaningful upgrade anyway. Even then, I'm not sure going from a Heroic chest to a 522 (or whatever the new VP items are, can't see them on Wowhead) is going to be as good as sticking 8 ilvls on the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I'm not sure there's much point capping VP before going into 5.2.

For a start, you'll be then unable to upgrade your weapon. If you get unlucky with drops, you could be using that weapon for a while and you want it to be as good as it gets.

For another, isn't the new VP gear behind a reputation wall? Chances are you'll get capped before getting enough rep to buy a meaningful upgrade anyway. Even then, I'm not sure going from a Heroic chest to a 522 (or whatever the new VP items are, can't see them on Wowhead) is going to be as good as sticking 8 ilvls on the gun.
    You can buy a 522 neck the day of the patch at neutral rep. That will give you another week to get friendly which you can get in the first week.
    3000 vp - 1250 vp (neck) + 1000 vp = 2750. So you'll be fine the first week and if you do decent in progression the first/second week you can spend your vp on friendly items.

They should still upgrade the gun though.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    You can buy a 522 neck the day of the patch at neutral rep. That will give you another week to get friendly which you can get in the first week.
    3000 vp - 1250 vp (neck) + 1000 vp = 2750. So you'll be fine the first week and if you do decent in progression the first/second week you can spend your vp on friendly items.

They should still upgrade the gun though.
    Neck is barely worth it with haste/hit instead of crit/mastery (assuming they got the bladelord one, as the boss is so easy).

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Neck is barely worth it with haste/hit instead of crit/mastery (assuming they got the bladelord one, as the boss is so easy).

it's 522 vs a 509 though. That's 13 ilvls of agility (99 agi to be exact). I'm going to get it regardless even though I have the haste/mastery neck.

Deleted
    (assuming they got the bladelord one, as the boss is so easy).
    Easy or not, RNG is still a big factor. After our Rogues got the necklace the dang thing never dropped again despite being in a 25 man raid. Can't wait to replace my crappy 502 haste/expertise necklace.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Easy or not, RNG is still a big factor. After our Rogues got the necklace the dang thing never dropped again despite being in a 25 man raid. Can't wait to replace my crappy 502 haste/expertise necklace.
    Did anyone mention to your rogues that their BiS is from Vizier, not bladelord <_____<?

Did anyone mention to your rogues that their BiS is from Vizier, not bladelord <_____<?
    I'm not going to lie, that literally made me lol. Anyways, what do you plan on doing the first week of 5.2 with your vp draco? Are you going to buy the neck or just hold off?

I'm not going to lie, that literally made me lol. Anyways, what do you plan on doing the first week of 5.2 with your vp draco? Are you going to buy the neck or just hold off?
    Im not saving up my VP, so I'll have 500 when the patch hits.
    3900 from first clear brings me up to a point where I can buy the bracers (502->522) first reset.
    Next week I can get the ring, or save up for a week and get the trinket (have 516/517 rings ATM).
    Even IF I could make use of all the hit on the neck (which I doubt I can given I need to get the trinket too), it would still only be a ~200 dps upgrade. As said, not really worth it compared to other options.

Im not saving up my VP, so I'll have 500 when the patch hits.
    3900 from first clear brings me up to a point where I can buy the bracers (502->522) first reset.
    Next week I can get the ring, or save up for a week and get the trinket (have 516/517 rings ATM).
    Even IF I could make use of all the hit on the neck (which I doubt I can given I need to get the trinket too), it would still only be a ~200 dps upgrade. As said, not really worth it compared to other options.
    I guess that's the way to go if you have your gear as the VP items won't have such a big impact except for a select few. Makes sense.

I guess that's the way to go if you have your gear as the VP items won't have such a big impact except for a select few. Makes sense.
    Pretty much. Have to remember that VP will be 100% useless after we are done getting all aviable upgrades from it. For me, that looks to be Bracers, Trinket, Ring Cloak, Neck (in order of best to worst). Thats 1250+1750+1250+1250+1250=6750 VP, or 7 weeks. Assuming I actually get some upgrades from raiding, too, let's just remove the small ones, like ring/cloak/neck, and limit us to bracers+trinket - I'll be done in 3 weeks (one of these would be the normal reset).
    It just doesn't seem like VP will be a huge "thing", to me atleast.

Deleted
    Which also never dropped, which our agility users are very happy with.

We're still using EPGP and they happened to be higher on that. Thankfully we'll have a loot council next tier.

Which also never dropped, which our agility users are very happy with.

We're still using EPGP and they happened to be higher on that. Thankfully we'll have a loot council next tier.
    Both your rogues and the other two hunters have their respective BiS necks <.<. Either you're over-exaggerating things, or the rogues are loothorny douchebags who would take a BiS item over someone else just to get a minor upgrade.

Deleted
    Both your rogues and the other two hunters have their respective BiS necks <.<. Either you're over-exaggerating things, or the rogues are loothorny douchebags who would take a BiS item over someone else just to get a minor upgrade.
    Well hey if you really care about the details, the necklace simply never dropped for two of our 3 Hunters. The one time we both sat out it dropped and went to a Rogue. I'm just a bit bitter about not even seeing the thing. Not sure if our Enhancement Shamans got it before but they aren't using it at the moment.
    But this is getting a little off-topic.

To be a little more on-topic I was planning to save my valor and go into the next tier fully capped. But after a little talk yesterday I'm not so sure anymore. I want the trinket as soon as possible and I almost feel forced to get the necklace because of the piece of junk I'm using right now. Might be a better option to only save around 2.25k so I can still get both as soon as I hit the required reputation as well as the ring the week after.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2013-02-28 at 11:46 AM.

Well hey if you really care about the details, the necklace simply never dropped for two of our 3 Hunters. The one time we both sat out it dropped and went to a Rogue. I'm just a bit bitter about not even seeing the thing. Not sure if our Enhancement Shamans got it before but they aren't using it at the moment.
    But this is getting a little off-topic.

To be a little more on-topic I was planning to save my valor and go into the next tier fully capped. But after a little talk yesterday I'm not so sure anymore. I want the trinket as soon as possible and I almost feel forced to get the necklace because of the piece of junk I'm using right now. Might be a better option to only save around 2.25k so I can still get both as soon as I hit the required reputation as well as the ring the week after.
    Looking at your armory, nothing you really have that is worthwhile to upgrade at this point imo. Don't upgrade H TiTM if you get it. It would just be better to buy the VP trinket in 5.2. It's better and it only costs you 250 more than if you were to upgrade H TiTM. That's just my 2 cents.

Deleted
    Looking at your armory, nothing you really have that is worthwhile to upgrade at this point imo. Don't upgrade H TiTM if you get it. It would just be better to buy the VP trinket in 5.2. It's better and it only costs you 250 more than if you were to upgrade H TiTM. That's just my 2 cents.
    Well I got heroic tier legs and chest last night, I just didn't have the time to gem, enchant and reforge those yet. Still got Lei Shi open this week so that would open up my 4 piece if I were to get the shoulder token.
    But yea since I'm getting these BiS items this late into the tier I'm a bit lost on what to upgrade first if anything at all. No use in capping valor though.

But thanks for your input.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2013-02-28 at 12:43 PM.

Btw, just wondering when would be a good time to drop tier pieces.. For SV it's another story but BM, especially for those who have double upgraded tier pieces, you'd have to stick out until heroic tier 15. Or maybe 4 set normal. Has anyone ran it on femaledwarf ? (haven't gotten the chance yet)

I just got heroic taoren. So probably gonna upgrade it and then stack vp. I took a break mid tier so I fell behind on vp gathering. Not many of my pieces are upgraded/bis.

it's 522 vs a 509 though. That's 13 ilvls of agility (99 agi to be exact). I'm going to get it regardless even though I have the haste/mastery neck.
    517 ilvl if you upgraded it 2/2.

A 517 Taoren is actually better than any of the 522 weapons. That 500 agility is pretty darn good.

517 taoren > ToT normal weapons for BM and SV. For MM I'd say the normal weapon is better.
    i have to ask again. what numbers do you use????

let me start. i will no longer be playing beastmastery come 5.2
    beastmastery will most likely be behind SV in both single and multitarget fights.
    here are my numbers:

Weapon DPS: 3.34
    Agi: 4.26
    Hit (under cap): 2.86
    Expertise (under cap): 2.86
    Haste: 1.2
    Crit: 1.26
    Mastery: 0.73
    AP: 1.67

Now multiply these numbers with the values on the weapons. i did not include the 160 agi gem and the scope, as both weapons have it.
    You also have to assume perfect reforging, as in mastery to exp/hit.

This brings me to 31904 for the ToT Normal Bow for http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=94769 Bow from Tortos with Hit / Exp and
    a total of 29361 for Taoren HC 2/2 upgrades with a 500 Agi Sha Gem.

I repeat. WHAT EXACT MATH, not guesstimates or gut feelings do you base the assumption around that taorenHC2/2 will beat ToTNHC weapons?

I created some femaledwarf profiles, just search for public profiles named Meleti.

Voice (best 522 weapon): 118213.52
    Taoren 517: 118730.67