Macro help: /click PetActionBar1 with focus target (PvP) - possible?

Hi,

I want to have one macro for ALL pet CC abilities, no matter what pet. Well, most likely it's the Crane currently, but still.
    So I have my pet action bar set up so that the CC is on PetActionBar1 (example: Lullaby, Web, Bad Manner and so on).
    Then I want this macro:

Code:
    /click PetActionButton1
    to work for the focus target as well when I hold down Shift.
    I want it to work exactly like /cast [mod:shift,@focus][] Lullaby

Just with the flexibility of just pointing to that button, whatever ability name it may be.

If it's not possible, I'll just use something like this instead (untested but you get the idea):

Code:
    #showtooltip [pet:crane]Lullaby;[pet:spider]Web
    /cast [pet:crane][mod:shift,@focus][] Lullaby
    /cast [pet:spider][mod:shift,@focus][] Web
    Which would not be as cool because I would have to add all relevant pet CC types together.
    Last edited by TaurenNinja; 2013-02-27 at 08:14 AM.

Deleted
    The second one is the one I use, afaik there's no way to get the first one to work.

In the Combat tab in the Interface menu set Focus Cast Key to Shift. Then just go into keybindings and keybind whatever button on your Pet Action bar is your CC ability.

/target [mod:shift]focus
    /click PetActionBar1
    /stopmacro [nomod:shift]
    /targetlasttarget

This should work (though I cannot test it atm). So if you're holding shift, it will target your focus target, use the pet ability, skip over line 3, and switch back to your original target.
    If you're not holding shift, it will skip line 1, use the pet ability, then hit line 3 and stop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    /target [mod:shift]focus
    /click PetActionBar1
    /stopmacro [nomod:shift]
    /targetlasttarget

This should work (though I cannot test it atm). So if you're holding shift, it will target your focus target, use the pet ability, skip over line 3, and switch back to your original target.
    If you're not holding shift, it will skip line 1, use the pet ability, then hit line 3 and stop.
    That doesn't work.

ok ive been tinkering with this for a while and there seems to only be one way to get this to work IF you want it to change to focus target based on a modifier key (if you just want it to always target the focus then a simple @focus macro works just fine)

the Best solution i have found (so far, still working on it is a two part macro)

FIRST make this macro and put it somewhere on your action bars (anywhere is fine, probably out of the way or on a hidden bar because you will NOT click this macro, but it does need to be out on your bars)
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [pet:Crane, @focus] Lullaby
    /cast [pet:Spider, @focus] Web
    (note: there is unfortunately no way that i have found for this to work in a generic way that will apply to any pet, so you need to put in the pet type and the ability name, fortunately since this is all you need for this first macro, you should be able to fit in at least 5 pet types)

Now Make this macro, this is the one you will actually click so put it wherever you want to access it.
    Code:
    #showtooltip 
    /click [nomod] PetActionButton1
    /click [mod:shift] ActionButton1
    Replace "ActionButton1" with whatever bar and button you placed the first macro (ill post the list at the bottom for those unfamiliar) and it should do exactly what the OP is looking for:

Hit the button without holding shift: pet casts his ability on your current target
    Hit the button while holding shift: pet casts his ability on your focus target without changing your target (note that the pet will have to be one of the families that you put in the first macro)

As of right now there is no way that i can find to allow the button icon to dynamically update without adding a lot of "[Pet:Type] Ability" parameters after the #showtooltip, so if you want the icons, go for it, otherwise you can pick an icon and remove that line completely.

here are a list of the action button IDs for you to use in the second macro:
    Code:
    ActionButton#                Main Bar*
    MultiBarBottomLeftButton#    Bottom Left Bar
    MultiBarBottomRightButton#   Bottom Right Bar
    MultiBarRightButton#         Right Bar
    MultiBarLeftButton#          Right Bar 2 (the "left" right bar)
    Last edited by FiveOneTwo; 2013-02-26 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spiattalo View Post
    That doesn't work.
    Can you elaborate? I don't see why it wouldn't. Replacing /click with /wave, and it works just fine. Focused a jeeves, targeted an ox statue. No shift, wave at ox statue, no target change. Shift, wave at jeeves, still targeting ox statue.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Can you elaborate? I don't see why it wouldn't. Replacing /click with /wave, and it works just fine. Focused a jeeves, targeted an ox statue. No shift, wave at ox statue, no target change. Shift, wave at jeeves, still targeting ox statue.
    i just tested it and i can confirm that it does not work.

to avoid any future confusion for anyone who wants to test it, the command is /click PetActionButton1, not bar. but i fixed that when i tested it so that isn't the problem.

the problem is that when you shift click that macro, you are also indirectly shift-clicking the pet button when the macro attempts to click it, which will simply pick it up off of your action bar as if you intended to move it. and there is no way to turn off that function for just that line.

that is also why you are correct that the macro does in fact work perfectly if you change the second line to /wave. because waving has no interaction with modifier keys.

EDIT: and in case anyone was thinking it might work if you just used a different modifier like ctrl or alt. it doesnt. it simply does nothing at all when you press it. this is because either of those modifiers will make your pet bar unresponsive even without going through a macro. you can hold ctrl or alt and just click on your pet bar to see, it will do nothing. i dont have any clue why this is the case but it certainly creates another hurdle in the creation of this type of macro.
    Last edited by FiveOneTwo; 2013-02-27 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamondo View Post
    ok ive been tinkering with this for a while and there seems to only be one way to get this to work IF you want it to change to focus target based on a modifier key (if you just want it to always target the focus then a simple @focus macro works just fine)

the Best solution i have found (so far, still working on it is a two part macro)

FIRST make this macro and put it somewhere on your action bars (anywhere is fine, probably out of the way or on a hidden bar because you will NOT click this macro, but it does need to be out on your bars)
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [pet:Crane, @focus] Lullaby
    /cast [pet:Spider, @focus] Web
    (note: there is unfortunately no way that i have found for this to work in a generic way that will apply to any pet, so you need to put in the pet type and the ability name, fortunately since this is all you need for this first macro, you should be able to fit in at least 5 pet types)

Now Make this macro, this is the one you will actually click so put it wherever you want to access it.
    Code:
    #showtooltip 
    /click [nomod] PetActionButton1
    /click [mod:shift] ActionButton1
    Replace "ActionButton1" with whatever bar and button you placed the first macro (ill post the list at the bottom for those unfamiliar) and it should do exactly what the OP is looking for:

Hit the button without holding shift: pet casts his ability on your current target
    Hit the button while holding shift: pet casts his ability on your focus target without changing your target (note that the pet will have to be one of the families that you put in the first macro)

As of right now there is no way that i can find to allow the button icon to dynamically update without adding a lot of "[Pet:Type] Ability" parameters after the #showtooltip, so if you want the icons, go for it, otherwise you can pick an icon and remove that line completely.

here are a list of the action button IDs for you to use in the second macro:
    Code:
    ActionButton#                Main Bar*
    MultiBarBottomLeftButton#    Bottom Left Bar
    MultiBarBottomRightButton#   Bottom Right Bar
    MultiBarRightButton#         Right Bar
    MultiBarLeftButton#          Right Bar 2 (the "left" right bar)

Thanks for the effort but I can't use that for 2 reasons:
    1) One macro still has all the pets and abilities listed in it which I intended to avoid in the first place
    2) I can't have 2-part-macros because I'm out of space for macros My hunter takes up a ton of macro space, all class-specific macros and also like 15 general macros. I'm trying to save some space but it's not that easy with this class IMHO - took me 2 full days of setting up macros and keybinds for the hunter - all other classes I've played were easier in that regard. I have high requirements on making gameplay as efficient as possible while still providing enough flexibility (I mostly don't use "one-button-burst" macros).

I'm currently using this alternative macro here which seems to work (not tested yet for all pets but for the most important ones it works):
    #showtooltip
    /use [pet:crane,mod:shift,@focus][pet:crane]Lullaby;[pet:spider,mod:shift,@focus][pet:spider]Web;[pet:shale spider,mod:shift,@focus][pet:shale spider]Web Wrap;[pet:turtle]Shell Shield;[pet:cat]Rabid;[pet:spirit beast,@player]Spirit Mend

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 09:19 AM ----------

Maybe there is another way for the /click macro:

http://www.wowwiki.com/MACRO_click

/click options ButtonObj MouseButton Down

Down
    Simulates a down-click. A value of "true" or "1" will cause a down-click. Any other value will not.
    Maybe this will work so that the button is not being "picked up" from the bar upon holding shift?
    I'll try it later.
    Last edited by TaurenNinja; 2013-02-27 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    Maybe there is another way for the /click macro:

http://www.wowwiki.com/MACRO_click

Maybe this will work so that the button is not being "picked up" from the bar upon holding shift?
    I'll try it later.
    Doesn't change anything unfortunately.

I think the best way would probably be for an addon to do it. You might be able to jump over to the interface/macros forum and see if Treeston can write something simple/quick up for you, or figure out an actual macro to make it work.

That would be overkill, really.
    I'll just go back to the old macro then "/cast [pet:X] abilityX; [pet:Y] abilityY; ..."

If the primary problem is alt modifier keybindings breaking the ability to actually click on your pet bar, then the solution might just be to break those keybindings. I know that by default things like alt+1 are the keybind for the pet bar. Find and unbind those and see if it makes a difference. If it weren't for shift having the overriding feature of 'unlocking' the button for movement from the bar, the following should work just fine:

/click [mod:shift,@focus][] petactionbutton1

Also, keep in mind that ALL of the buttons on your pet bar are bound/numbered/clickable, meaning I'm fairly sure petactionbutton1 is pet attack, and the first of the 4 you can change is actually petactionbutton4.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."