Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    i have to ask again. what numbers do you use????

    let me start. i will no longer be playing beastmastery come 5.2
    beastmastery will most likely be behind SV in both single and multitarget fights.
    here are my numbers:

    Weapon DPS: 3.34
    Agi: 4.26
    Hit (under cap): 2.86
    Expertise (under cap): 2.86
    Haste: 1.2
    Crit: 1.26
    Mastery: 0.73
    AP: 1.67

    Now multiply these numbers with the values on the weapons. i did not include the 160 agi gem and the scope, as both weapons have it.
    You also have to assume perfect reforging, as in mastery to exp/hit.

    This brings me to 31904 for the ToT Normal Bow for http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=94769 Bow from Tortos with Hit / Exp and
    a total of 29361 for Taoren HC 2/2 upgrades with a 500 Agi Sha Gem.

    I repeat. WHAT EXACT MATH, not guesstimates or gut feelings do you base the assumption around that taorenHC2/2 will beat ToTNHC weapons?
    You're making the assumption that all of the hit/expertise will be used on the bow which is not a good assumption to make. Ideally the best item we can get is an item with Crit and Haste and then we can reforge as needed to Hit/Expertise caps. Realistically the Hit and Expertise will be coming from somewhere regardless and thus the values are incredibly inflated when you make a direct comparison like you just did.
    Last edited by refire; 2013-02-28 at 07:18 PM.

  2. #42
    Look at this another way - Let's say that upgraded H Taoren is roughly the same as the 522 weapons. It's STILL worth upgrading because you don't know when one of those weapons wil drop. Sure, you might get lucky and see 2 or 3 of them the first week or two... or you might not see one for weeks. In the latter case you're left with an unupgraded Taoren and the knowledge that you are doing substantially less than you could - and you won't be able to correct your mistake because the upgrade vendor is gone.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Most major patches have been the week of the pvp season ending, not one week after.
    You are wrong.I know this because every single patch I used to do Bg's to change honor to JP to buy the previous tiers VP gear that was changed to cost JP.

    You made like 6 posts in this thread correcting people, yet the first thing I saw you type was wrong, so obviously wouldn't bother reading the rest of your jibberish.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by maxalyss View Post
    You are wrong.I know this because every single patch I used to do Bg's to change honor to JP to buy the previous tiers VP gear that was changed to cost JP.

    You made like 6 posts in this thread correcting people, yet the first thing I saw you type was wrong, so obviously wouldn't bother reading the rest of your jibberish.
    Actually, he's right:

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post20332085

    and

    http://www.wowpedia.org/PvP_Season
    Last edited by clevin; 2013-02-28 at 08:15 PM.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by maxalyss View Post
    You are wrong.I know this because every single patch I used to do Bg's to change honor to JP to buy the previous tiers VP gear that was changed to cost JP.

    You made like 6 posts in this thread correcting people, yet the first thing I saw you type was wrong, so obviously wouldn't bother reading the rest of your jibberish.
    Actually, as the above poster already mentioned but I'll mention it anyways, you are wrong. The patch is next week, and better yet, you're reasoning only confirms that you're wrong.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-02-28 at 08:42 PM.

  6. #46
    They are still pushing out patches and what not. They ARE rushing this patch. Hopefully they realize it, give it another two weeks and release it after Heart of the Swarm.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by refire View Post
    You're making the assumption that all of the hit/expertise will be used on the bow which is not a good assumption to make. Ideally the best item we can get is an item with Crit and Haste and then we can reforge as needed to Hit/Expertise caps. Realistically the Hit and Expertise will be coming from somewhere regardless and thus the values are incredibly inflated when you make a direct comparison like you just did.
    actually yes it IS a good asumption. All hit and expertise will be used. The direct comparison gives the maximum potential of the item in a gear setup. i care little how overhitexpertisecapped anyone actually is, that depends on too many factors to generalise.

    let us for a second forget that your gear setup does not exist. there is no crit/haste in every slot gear setup. anywhere.
    i have an item level of 510 at the moment. i have all but the gloves reforged. thats a total of 3741 rating points reforged into other stats. as you know, you need 2550 hit rating and 2550 expertise rating. now thats 5100 rating points in my book. thats also 1359 rating points that your absolute perfect crit and haste gear does not have and can not provide even when all slots are reforged. therefore asuming "perfect" gear leaves you very much under hit and expertise cap, resulting in a dps loss. assuming "perfect" gear, the hit expertise bow would actually be the most perfect item ever. just saying.


    HOWEVER:
    on higher item levels you'd of course have more rating. on hc ilvl i suppose you would have plenty rating to cover that margin mentioned above.

    however excluding ANY kind or rating it would be 25907 vs 26615 in favour of taoren.
    Taoren however has haste and mastery, both being the two weakest secondary stats. but that doesnt get us anywhere

    I personally would stick with the assumption that both are relatively close. We are two hunters in the pool, we both have taoren hc 2/2. It is more mindgames than anything else for me. If i had to make the choice now, I'd probably go with upgrading today as there is no guarantee for a drop.
    Personally i find the Set Bonus and the Other Gear on the PTR rather.... underwelming. Stuff procs far to seldom.
    Last edited by Runenwächter; 2013-03-01 at 02:40 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •