Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    in some country's, they use thorns to close the vergina on newborn girls. it then almost grows together over the years, giving enough space to urinate, but not much ells. when she becomes an adult and married, the man is supposed to litteraly tear the vagina "apart", opening it up.

doesn't seem werry pleasent.

Unless there is a video of the process, there is nothing to talk about.
    Thousands of girls get punished for unmarried sex every year. You seriously want to cry about every single one of them?

Not every country is civilized. Let them live in as they used to live. Look at yourself. Just few hundreds years ago your burned people alive just because they did not like your official religion.

Come on guys, we need to respect their culture and beliefs. Stop being so intolerant of religion!
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Come on guys, we need to respect their culture and beliefs. Stop being so intolerant of religion!
    Those unconditional tolerance sycophants are a wonderful thing, aren't they? And yes, this is coming from a "love and tolerance"-guy...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Welcome to humanity....isnt it a great thing? and even better, if a country was to step in and stop them from doing it, you'd all cry fascism and creating false wars...
    Because that's why they step in. Please give me a break. When it comes to human beings, it's always about self-interest.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    Those unconditional tolerance sycophants are a wonderful thing, aren't they? And yes, this is coming from a "love and tolerance"-guy...
    Could always write an angry letter to them!

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Very prevalent in Africa and some middle east countries. Its exactly how the second poster described it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_genital_cutting

Very nasty stuff.

On topic, they said she would be beaten for engaging in premarital sex unrelated to her being raped. The good news is that she can choose to wait until she's 18 to take the flogging. Oh third world, you so crazy.
    after reading that i am at a loss for words....crazy shit

Love this pathetic species. Rape eachother, beat eachother, berrate eachother, kill eachother, destroy nature while Chinese troglodytes cook living puppies (anyone else seen those images and still can't sleep properly?) all the while drinking gallons of coca cola into morbid obesity. We are cancer of Earth.

Deleted
    I would answer to this thread with my opinions and base them on facts but then i would probably be infracted for all kinds of things.
    Ill just say that there is few things that grinds my gears as much as this subject. Pathetic worthless rats.

"Zaima Nasheed, a spokesperson for the juvenile court, said the girl was also ordered to remain under house arrest at a children's home for eight months.

She defended the punishment, saying the girl had willingly committed an act outside of the law."

Really puts into perspective all the mouthbreathing nitwits that say "If it's against the law you shouldn't do it. Herpderp"

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Why the flying fuck is it SOOO IMPORTANT that women (only) be virgins until a man claims her?
    Religion...

Personally I find it amazing how people still to this day put so much stock in thousand year old writings and ideals that clearly was designed to control people.

Sad, but I see little point to this. We are powerless to stop it and forcing them to change will only cause more grief.
    "Why are you wearing that stupid Man suit?"

UH-MERICAH would fix this if they had lots of oil!

On a serious note, I'm not really surprised. Lots of countries that have extreme laws / religious views tend to hold women to an extreme standard. I don't mean a good one. A literal translation of Women only belong in the kitchen and bedroom. It's a sad world we live in. I personally want to spend $$ on solving my own countries problems before sending aid to someone else. No point in running to help someone with a broken leg and further injuring yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Religion...
    Not really. Reason is men in those cultures are machos who treat women as objects. The religion part is just an excuse and a way to brainwash women into accepting it.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Religion...

Personally I find it amazing how people still to this day put so much stock in thousand year old writings and ideals that clearly was designed to control people.
    Yeah no. It has nothing to do with religion and plenty to do with ignorance and sexism. If anything our religion at least (don't know I there is an Islamic code similar to this) pushes for no sex for anyone outside marriage.

I'm still baffled people can't make the difference between people, society and religion.
    "Muslim" isn't a race of people. I'm a white European male, if I choose to be Muslim I still am a white European male. I dont go cutting people's clytorises around the place.

And on topic... Jesus Christ. 100 lashes are a lot of lashes. Hopefully something can be done to prevent it?

Deleted
    "The legal system of the Maldives, an Islamic archipelago with a population of some 400,000, has elements of Islamic law (Sharia) as well as English common law."
    Allah commands it so I guess it's immune to critique.

15+ Year Old Account
    But people love being controlled, makes things so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisif View Post
    Really? Which countries do you mean?
    African and Middle eastern. The Masai still do it.

Deleted
    well this only show that people from this area off the world are barbaric and uncivilized and should be removed like you would remove a sickness complete and utter annihilation of the bacteria or virus from the host body.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Yeah no. It has nothing to do with religion and plenty to do with ignorance and sexism. If anything our religion at least (don't know I there is an Islamic code similar to this) pushes for no sex for anyone outside marriage.

I'm still baffled people can't make the difference between people, society and religion.
    "Muslim" isn't a race of people. I'm a white European male, if I choose to be Muslim I still am a white European male. I dont go cutting people's clytorises around the place.

And on topic... Jesus Christ. 100 lashes are a lot of lashes. Hopefully something can be done to prevent it?
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people. The same holds true for religion, it's because religion is seen as something to be be respected that people are able to justify their vile actions. Religion is a tool akin to how a gun is a tool. Not a perfect analogy, but close.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance