Deleted

Hunters in the 5.2 PVP environment

Hello,

My hunter was my main in cata, but I played UH DK and rogue in MoP, because hunters were too bugged and overpowered at start. The fact that MM is bad didn't help either.

However, yesterday I leveled my hunter to 90 and found it very fun to play. Then it hit me that I could PVP on my hunter for 5.2, because everything will be flooded with dks, rogues and monks. Hunter seems like a solid choice to me if you want to play a class that is not overpowered, but can handle the FotMs well. I really can't imagine surviving battlegrounds with 5 rogues in the opposing team on my druid, enhancement shammy or ret pally.

Furthermore, with gear scaling MM will be quite strong at the end of the patch with faster/stronger aimed shots and chimeras.

To summarize, I am (and always have been) looking forward to playing a class that is not overpowered, but not too limited either. Does 5.2 hunter fit this description for you, guys?

Deterrence-reflecting the new 30sec-asphyxiates and chaos bolts and 45sec-wyvern for rogues sounds pretty good to pass

10+ Year Old Account
    It will not be gear scaling that makes MM "quite strong" .
    Hunters does not scale well with gear, we never did.

Faster aimed shoot is irrelevant 99% of the time you will want to use aimed when it is instant and not hard-cast it.
    The 10% damage buff will make it better but far from great, it would still need a good 30-40% more damage in my opinion to actually make it good.
    The steady shoot buff is sadly rather irrelevant, when you buff something really miniscule with anything else than an abnormally large number the result is still something miniscule.
    Chim buff however, that was sorely needed and it should at last do respectable damage.
    Utility wise we are actually heavily nerfed in 5.2 with the +1sec on dismiss pet. Vs decent teams it should be hard to get it off outside deterrence/los.
    Also I fear defensively dismissing pets might suck balls in 5.2 (most healers slack with weak pets).
    Pro tip tho if you abandon your pet -> you can instantly call out your other pets, does not matter if the pet is dead or alive you can still abandon it.

I think hunters fits the bill perfectly, we will not be too strong but we will still be able to shit on melee comps.
    We dont need any buffs to do that narrow escape alone assures that we will.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    They'll need to nerf Readiness resetting Bestial Wrath for more hunters to pick MM up over BM.
    Xrtn | Vengeful Gladiator | 90 Human Hunter
    Ascendancex | Hero of the Horde | 90 Draenei Shaman

Check out my stream >> HERE << 2300+ RBGs / Arena / Wargames!

Hunters aren't really as strong in PvP as a lot of people think. Especially for BM, outside of our cd's BM hunters are quite weak. MM really hasn't proved itself to be all that great so far in pvp. Hunters are still a struggle to ply in PvP, especially since people find it fun to focus us all the time and we are lacking in defensive moves. All in all, I still love my hunter and have just gotten used to us not being that great, but such is life!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrix View Post
    They'll need to nerf Readiness resetting Bestial Wrath for more hunters to pick MM up over BM.
    Why would we nerf Beast Mastery to make Hunter's stronger? Wouldn't we just buff Hunters and MM in particular. BM doesn't need to be hit with the nerf bat for any reason.

The problem is BW being a better trinket with a lower CD, which is also resettable. Too good to not have it.
    Solution is BW being baseline, or they come up with something REALLY great for MM and SV.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madwolf View Post
    Why would we nerf Beast Mastery to make Hunter's stronger? Wouldn't we just buff Hunters and MM in particular. BM doesn't need to be hit with the nerf bat for any reason.
    Because it's overpowered. Having that many CC-outs is incredible. You can't buff MM/Surv damage enough (unless you make that also overpowered; MM already does pretty high consistent damage) to outweigh the benefits of having that get-out-of CC card.
    Xrtn | Vengeful Gladiator | 90 Human Hunter
    Ascendancex | Hero of the Horde | 90 Draenei Shaman

Check out my stream >> HERE << 2300+ RBGs / Arena / Wargames!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madwolf View Post
    Because nerfing readiness would mean having to buff other abilities. If they made it to reset only defensive abilities, like many suggest, it would mean hunters wouldn't be balanced into double BW/RF but on their single damaging abilities, like all other classes are.