Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Alienware = Dell = Overpriced.
    Not really. Problem with Alienware, Dell and Apple is that they offer fairly priced entry level models that are all bit underpowered. Where they get the real profit from is selling upgrades like RAM, CPU and GPU at 2-5x the market value. Affordable entry level computer upgraded to state of the art specs costs 50-100% more than competitors without less knowledgeable people even realizing it before the credit card bill comes.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Not really. Problem with Alienware, Dell and Apple is that they offer fairly priced entry level models that are all bit underpowered. Where they get the real profit from is selling upgrades like RAM, CPU and GPU at 2-5x the market value. Affordable entry level computer upgraded to state of the art specs costs 50-100% more than competitors without less knowledgeable people even realizing it before the credit card bill comes.
    This is why I advise anyone who is interested in gaming to build their own computer. If they can't or don't know how, they need to watch some videos on how to do it or ask for an experienced friend's help. It's a good thing to know how to do, and can save you tons of money in the future.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by treehumper View Post
    This is why I advise anyone who is interested in gaming to build their own computer. If they can't or don't know how, they need to watch some videos on how to do it or ask for an experienced friend's help. It's a good thing to know how to do, and can save you tons of money in the future.
    Most of the renowned websites offer to build your rig now. I was pretty lazy and there was a discount so I tried (materiel.net, french website) and I was very pleased.
    It was cheap, very well done, with lots of protection, everything neatly packed, I just had to remove the protections, plug it in, and boot.

Not being able to build your own computer shouldnt be an excuse now, you can ask someone on almost any forums which part you should choose, buy em and have your computer buildt by another person.

This is the way to have the best your money can buy.
    Last edited by mmoc70ab634a7b; 2013-02-27 at 08:05 PM.

Deleted
    well that alienware model, on their website isn't expensive-its around the 500 margain. TBH its mostly wow I play so ultra graphics would be cool. I am also looking for reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by kindomroll View Post
    well that alienware model, on their website isn't expensive-its around the 500 margain. TBH its mostly wow I play so ultra graphics would be cool. I am also looking for reliability.
    As I said before, Alienware comes looking really tempting at low price, but you pay your arse off with upgrades.

Cheapest X51's come with GT640 graphics card which is worthless shit for any gaming use, WoW included. Price is few hundred more expensive with proper graphics. Also because the X51 is small case upgrading it will be hell which is why it's really not recommended.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.