Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by treehumper View Post
    At the same price point, and at max settings, an Nvidia card will do better than an AMD card. Every time.
    Except when it comes to a Tahiti LE(7870 XT) which costs the same as a GTX 660 and performs as a GTX 660Ti.
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/C...iti_LE/23.html
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Except when it comes to a Tahiti LE(7870 XT) which costs the same as a GTX 660 and performs as a GTX 660Ti.
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/C...iti_LE/23.html
    There's always exceptions. There's also overclockability, VRAM quality, etc... We live in a world of variables. Always go with what is the best for your budget, regardless of what others might say.

Deleted
    At the same price point, and at max settings, an Nvidia card will do better than an AMD card. Every time.
    Im assuming you are talking about blizzard games here, as you said that in your previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    Im assuming you are talking about blizzard games here, as you said that in your previous post.
    Yes.

10char

If you got some money get a 7970 or a 7970 ghz edition!!! You can't go wrong!!!!

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 04:20 PM ----------

Assuming you play other games use more than 1 monitor!! Rather have a high end than a low-mid end assuming you decide to something in the future! Sorry cant edit my post

Deleted
    Your statement seems to exaggerate how well Nvidia cards run Blizzard games compared to AMD ones. If we base your statement on the most current GPU reviews, when the Titan was released, we will see the following

WoW Mists of Pandaria 1980x1200
    7970Ghz 103.1 fps
    GTX 680 107.0 fps

Diablo III
    7970Ghz 169.2 fps
    GTX 680 170.7 fps

and the big one

Starcraft II 1920x1200
    7970Ghz 187.2 FPS
    GTX 680 231.7 FPS

So although these statements prove your results, going for the best AMD card will certainly not hold you back in these CPU bound games. For the rest of the GPU bound games, the 7970Ghz edition is faster than the GTX680.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/N..._Titan/23.html

Edit:

If we go lower down and compare the GTX 660 vs GTX 7870 Tahiti LE, then the AMD card performs better in all blizzard games except for Starcraft II at 1920x1200, but not by a huge margin. The GTX 660 beats the 7850, but not by a huge margin either (except for Starcraft). Therefore the only thing which should dictate your decision is not the actual cards themselves, but the price and your personal budget. Which is where we agree upon.
    Last edited by mmoc7f933b7749; 2013-02-27 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudgery View Post
    Your statement seems to exaggerate how well Nvidia cards run Blizzard games compared to AMD ones. If we base your statement on the most current GPU reviews, when the Titan was released, we will see the following

WoW Mists of Pandaria 1980x1200
    7970Ghz 103.1 fps
    GTX 680 107.0 fps

Diablo III
    7970Ghz 169.2 fps
    GTX 680 170.7 fps

and the big one

Starcraft II 1920x1200
    7970Ghz 187.2 FPS
    GTX 680 231.7 FPS

So although these statements prove your results, going for the best AMD card will certainly not hold you back in these CPU bound games. For the rest of the GPU bound games, the 7970Ghz edition is faster than the GTX680.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/N..._Titan/23.html
    You don't need to show proof, I already stated that I understood the facts due to my own testing, and not from a site's benchmarks, no matter how reputable the site:

That being said, a 10% difference (on average, from what I have found) is negligible. If you're going to do a lot of raiding, you might want to go for an Nvidia card. If you're a run-of-the-mill player that has no raiding ambition, get whatever is more affordable. You won't top out your new CPU at all.

Deleted
    You don't need to show proof, I already stated that I understood the facts due to my own testing, and not from a site's benchmarks, no matter how reputable the site:
    Well then it's down to whether we trust your own testing or reputable sites'. The choice is an easy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudgery View Post
    Well then it's down to whether we trust your own testing or reputable sites'. The choice is an easy one.
    When the results are nearly the same, and that proof is proof regardless of how you find it? Especially when I said as long as it fits his budget he needs to get it? I can't tell if I'm being trolled or am merely talking with Mr. Negativity.