Frost Mage PVE - Haste and Crit balance

I am seeming to have problems optimizing my output on DPS with my balancing issues of Haste 25% and using IV Glyph and also the issue of getting to the crit balance of 23% before full raid buffs.

My rotation is no different than anyone else's atm. But I feel like I am struggling to keep my 80k+ dps and superior damage done stats.

I have been reading and reading through the forums here and mostly learned a lot from the Frost Mage PVE guide.

I have been focusing on getting to this -

The IV cap are:
    25.00% haste full raid buff.
    19.05% haste with only Frozen Armor.
    11.25% haste from gear (4786 haste rating)
    10.16% haste for Goblin (4318 haste rating)

My problem may not even be a problem... When I meet the haste % above and get my crit close to 24% I see myself at 4-5 of DPS charts, but 1-2 on Damage Done... Should I even be concerned here?
    I would share my armory page but I got new gear last night that is not enchanted or gemmed. But for those who may want to look,
    Toon name - Cyere
    Realm - US-Thrall

Also is the the 4th tier piece bonus better than using the only 3 pieces with Robe of Eternal Rule?

Sorry for all the questions, but I know this group here is amazing on critiquing and helping!!
    Thanks for those who do respond.
    Cyere

10+ Year Old Account
    First things first. At 25% raid haste you use the glyph of icy veins. You don't start reforging to crit. Frost is always haste>crit>mastery.

Because you are using light of the cosmos and nether tempest you want to gem using reckless vermilion onyx in red sockets, quick sun's radiance in yellow and prismatic sockets and lightning wild jade in blue sockets.

To find your optimal gemming and reforging use askmrrobot and manually edit haste's stat weight so that it is just over half the weight of intellect.

You definitely want to use 4 set as the half cd on icy veins is a large dps increase. The 4 set dps increase will be larger then the loss of stats by using a 483 chest.

If you have people on your raid team who are playing a spec that is better than frost and are of equal skill they will beat you. Frost is pretty average among the dps specs right now.

If you had some logs of fights it would be possible to help you more.
    Last edited by jtmzac; 2013-02-27 at 01:56 PM.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Thanks for the quick feedback. I noticed you suggested to use the reckless gems in Red Sockets... I will take this as advise, but curious to know why not to use my Brilliant Serpent's Eye in either of the 2 Red slots?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyere View Post
    Thanks for the quick feedback. I noticed you suggested to use the reckless gems in Red Sockets... I will take this as advise, but curious to know why not to use my Brilliant Serpent's Eye in either of the 2 Red slots?
    You should use your brilliant serpent eye's in two of your red sockets. I'm not a jc and just forgot to mention it.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    Armory

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    First things first. At 25% raid haste you use the glyph of icy veins. You don't start reforging to crit. Frost is always haste>crit>mastery.
    This. Look at my haste and crit. The haste breakpoint is the deciding factor of if you want the glyph or not. Nothing more.

I'd use the 4p over that robe.

Gemming can swing to 1 int > 2 haste depending on specific gear sets and talent choices. I should probably double check mine when I get home, make sure I'm still the right way around. Sim yourself to be sure if you want reckless or brilliant in red sockets.

If you have people on your raid team who are playing a spec that is better than frost and are of equal skill they will beat you. Frost is pretty average among the dps specs right now.
    Depends on the fight. There's a few I wreck people on. Zor'lok on a clean kill can be fairly frost friendly. Blade lord, Garalon, and Wind lord aren't too bad. I love Lei Shi. In general though, you're right.

10+ Year Old Account
    @OP: It's really quite simple. Maximize haste. At this ilvl there's no need to try to balance crit.

I was manually changing my weights on AMR and I was able to achieve 160K showing 8800 Haste. Is this realistic?

Assuming spell casts are going to become quite busy along with Evo much more frequent?

Thanks for all your responses!! You all do help us that are still tuning our toons!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyere View Post
    I was manually changing my weights on AMR and I was able to achieve 160K showing 8800 Haste. Is this realistic?

Assuming spell casts are going to become quite busy along with Evo much more frequent?

Thanks for all your responses!! You all do help us that are still tuning our toons!!
    The score that askmrrobot gives you is a score not dps. If you want maximum theoretical dps you need to use simcraft. I ran you through simcraft quickly and on a patchwerk fight it said you could do around 96.5k dps. Once you take off a bit for simcraft your real patchwerk dps should be about 90-93k.

I'm not sure about your choice of using the haste serpent's eyes. The next nether tempest tick is at 8983 rating and even using haste serpent's eyes you're still short. Of course if you have done sims saying its a dps increase then disregard this. If you haven't done sims I would just use the default askmrrobot frost weights and change haste to 2.21.
    Armory