Thread: Weed

Weed

I personally, don't mind people smoking weed, don't care really, it's whatever to me, I don't personally do it.
    But why do people see the need to get off their tits high, and then play competitive games like DotA, or even on WoW, why do people do it, it literally just makes them worthless to the team and to the enjoyment of the game to everyone else that's not stoned.

For reference, I just solo queued into 4 people together in DotA 2, who were all stoned off their faces, and because they've queued as a 4man, we get put up against a 5man premade, except, I don't have a team that's worth anything.
    Last edited by Oxyra; 2013-02-27 at 02:58 PM.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    I personally, don't mind people smoking weed, don't care really, it's whatever to me, I don't personally do it.
    But why do people see the need to get off their tits high, and then play competitive games like DotA, or even on WoW, why do people do it, it literally just makes them worthless to the team and to the enjoyment of the game to everyone else that's not stoned.

To some yes. I smoke but not during rbgs or raid times. We have had to sit people for drinking to much, not so much for smoking. I get what your saying tho.

Deleted
    I don't care that they smoke it, as long as they don't do it at work or drive while under the influence. I treat it the same way I treat booze.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    They think its cool just like smoking cigarettes back in the day.

It enhances focus & tbh it makes your reaction time in games 110% better, thats the true secret to why koreans are amazing gamers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people get high and play video games? It's a lot of fun and it feels good.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Because of the same reason why dogs lick their balls. "Because they are able to".
    Besides weed does not neccesarily decrease your performance by a lot. You can still concentrate if you want to, only problem is that "want to" needs dedication or weed will tell you not to want anything besides sitting and giggling.

Some people are even smoking it to bring them down to a level of average, so it stays fun.

People are basically idiots, this shouldn't be a surprise at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I don't care that they smoke it, as long as they don't do it at work or drive while under the influence. I treat it the same way I treat booze.
    You can drink and drive, just in moderation and under the legal limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Why do people get high and play video games? It's a lot of fun and it feels good.
    Only for you, for no one else is it fun to play with people doing dumb shit and not even realising how dumb the shit they're doing is.

Sounds pretty selfish to me. Go play like, 1 player games, not multiplayer games.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Same, although I never really get people who depend on substances in order to have a good time.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    It enhances focus & tbh it makes your reaction time in games 110% better, thats the true secret to why koreans are amazing gamers.
    yea they also say it makes your thoughts clearer specially for english class thats why they feel that they write awesome papers while high only to find out they failed cause the papers dont make any sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

I hate raiding when I'm sober. Weed makes wiping over and over again a lot more tolerable. I'm not a drinker, at all, but I have known people/played with some who get trashed off their ass and run into shit and stand in purple stuff til they die. If it effects performance negatively and you're someone who can't handle your booze/drugs while playing a video game you probably shouldn't be doing it at all, IMO.

For me, I don't toke huge bong hits or anything, I have a small one hitter I use and refill it 2 or 3x during a raid session. After raiding in competitive end game guilds since BC...yes I'd say I require a little mary jane to get me through the evening.

I raid stoned all the time. I'm normally no.1 on the metre too and function more or less aswell as I do sober. Same goes for drinking too.....up to a point. My guildies prefer for me to be stoned when raiding otherwise I might start to care if we wipe or not and apparently I get quite scary when I care.

Been playing WoW long enough that it's more or less all muscle memory and conditioned responses, thinking really isn't needed.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    You can drink and drive, just in moderation and under the legal limit.
    Why though? What's in it for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I raid stoned all the time. I'm normally no.1 on the metre too and function more or less aswell as I do sober. Same goes for drinking too.....up to a point. My guildies prefer for me to be stoned when raiding otherwise I might start to care if we wipe or not and apparently I get quite scary when I care.

Been playing WoW long enough that it's more or less all muscle memory and conditioned responses, thinking really isn't needed.
    how's your raiding performance sober?

I don't get why people who smoke weed have a huge urge to tell everybody in-game that they're higher than the clouds. Seriously, we don't care and you only sound stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    Only for you, for no one else is it fun to play with people doing dumb shit and not even realising how dumb the shit they're doing is.

Sounds pretty selfish to me. Go play like, 1 player games, not multiplayer games.
    hehe. there are plenty of people like this without drugs and alcohol :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyspice View Post
    I hate raiding when I'm sober. Weed makes wiping over and over again a lot more tolerable.
    If you have to get high to make an activity enjoyable, perhaps you should find a different recreational activity.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the most part, we don't allow discussion of drugs here.