10+ Year Old Account

Rifthead : New Rift Database

ZAM Network, operators of many Gaming sites and Databases including WoWhead and TORgead now present....

Rifthead for all things Telaran

clicky clicky >> http://www.rifthead.com/

Very interesting. It appears they are working directly with Trion in a unprecedented fashion. It is legit. I got the newsletter about it.

Hoping that working with Trion will give them a more solid database. That's one of the big things I've been looking/hoping for for a while now, a solid database for info etc. outside of the game.

going to rift.zam.com now takes you to rifthead.com as well, of course.

I just hope they do a better job with this than they did with rift.zam.com. I mean it's how many months into expansion now and the soul tree calc there still let you assign more points than you should have and had the wrong amount of points on some abilities. Of course now I realize they probably were not updating it because they were working on this. Hopefully, this will become the go to database site and people will poor comments into stuff. If not, it's going to be relatively worthless without comments. Still, glad to see this, I always loved the layout and information available on wowhead back in the day. I used wowhead so much I made it my homepage so when I fired up browser it was always ready. Did the same for torhead whilst playing that steaming pi....er, game. Now we have rifthead, here's hoping it is as good as the others.

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 01:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Hoping that working with Trion will give them a more solid database. That's one of the big things I've been looking/hoping for for a while now, a solid database for info etc. outside of the game.
    Do you not like rift.magleo.com. I know it lacks some features, but the database itself is full and from what I have seen accurate. It also has program you can run that will report game data to the site to keep it up to date.

Well, I doubt it can be worse than torhead.com. They haven't properly updated that in a looooong time.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glad to see this. Some quests and achievements are a little too 'particular' that having no comments on all the entries on zam and magelo was frustrating. Hopefully it's not too late to be meaningful. It's also potentially a sign that more people play Rift than even we think.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need to 'work with Trion' to have a more solid database. Everything you could possibly need is right there in their FTP. It's just that Zam has never kept their data updated in a timely fashion (despite the fact that you can get the new information immediately) and the rest of their content is all based around user contributions to their Wiki if employees don't do it already.

ftp://ftp.trionworlds.com/rift/
    -- ftp://ftp.trionworlds.com/rift/addon/
    -- ftp://ftp.trionworlds.com/rift/assets/
    -- ftp://ftp.trionworlds.com/rift/data/
    Rift Scene - Still the best Rift fansite.
    Cupcakey 5/5 EE, 4/4 FT

15+ Year Old Account
    i just wish people would contribute to these sites more often, like with comments and stuff for quests if people have a hard time with something, they could look up the thing they are having trouble with then see people have commented on it. so they can understand what they have to do.

Finally! gj ZAM