Basically some pieces are my healing set, hence the spirit gems when over hit cap. Aside from that, is there anything I am missing here? My reasoning as I understand is that I am able to achieve 10124 haste (which I believe is a cap I should aim for after 8084), after that I'm going for mastery, is this correct?
And fight specific...
1) During the Durumu maze phase, what should I be doing for DPS "on the move"? It seems we don't really have anything we can cast while moving except refreshing dots?
2) Which talents do you recommend - I've read that Solace and Insanity is the best talent from that tier, but does this apply to Durumu with the heavy movement involved in the light and maze phases (no time to sit still and channel Mind Flay). Would you advise Mindbender for this fight instead? How big is the DPS difference between the two; obviously Mindbender requires no skill, would someone who doesn't play DPS often be better off taking Mindbender?
3) What spells should I do for burst (specifically bursting down the red adds in the light phase), should I just be using Mind Blast and Mind Spike or is it worth dotting them up and doing a rotation? Or something else?
Any other tips you've got for shadow or anything else wrong on my armory please let me know. I've read shadow guides but any tips are welcome (e.g. dispersing to reduce life drain heals), thanks!
you want to run insanity (the only fight where insanity isn't the answer is h primordius blood duty) and divine insight. depending on how fast your walls go down, you want to SWP all the wall segments you can going into each wall phase. cascade is very good if you need extra wall damage, but dstar and halo both have their uses if you have trouble with healing (halo is better for add phase healing, dstar is better for maze phase healing).
if wall damage is good enough, meaning you have at least one ele shaman, warlock, or fire mage, you should be able to go from dotting all teh walls to dpsing durumu again for the extra DP uptime thanks to DI. depending on your raids dps, finishing dotting all the wall segments can be better than burning the first add, as the extra DI's can really help a lot in case of any yellow (or if people derp, blue) add swaps. if you're in the lifedrain team, remember that you can disperse before going in and soak 4-5 stacks and hardly heal the boss at all.
you want to run insanity (the only fight where insanity isn't the answer is h primordius blood duty)
you can kill an ooze in 25 man in just a dp + mf:i spam. and even if you're too undergeared to do that, dp + mf:i on the viscous horror is just as good of a usage.
the only fight you wouldn't use insanity is h lei shen if your raid is really lacking in p3 damage. and even then, i'd argue insanity is better once you become more used to the cyclical behavior of that phase.
1) spam swp on the move and use di procs as they come up. you can still get a mf:i and a half with good stutter stepping during the maze. if you're not confident in your ability to do that, you might want to consider tossing renews and pom out to your raid. that said, stutter stepping is an essential tool of a spriest, so it's best you learn that.
2) insanity + DI. that said, you have considerably lower haste than an average spriest progressing on h durumu would have, so it might be worth trying out PI for a pull.
3) DP + mf:i red adds if you ever get the chance to. tossing MB's from procs and on CD at a red add if in range is also good. getting out of the light spectrum phase is a relief to your healers when learning the fight. tunneling the boss just because you're on blue/yellow is generally a detriment. besides, getting out of the light phase quicker means the entire raid can go back to dps'ing durumu. you should be switching colors to avoid the debuff stacking too high for the healers to handle. there really isn't too much movement unless the red beam is movement extremely quick, which risks the beam runner dying.
when ice walls come up, either walk into melee range and halo or cascade a wall. i personally recommend cascade since the logs i've looked at all seem to favor cascade. however, halo is rather useful for its healing ability during light spectrum, so it's still a viable option. after that, swp spam the walls to build up apparition and toss MB's and DP's into a wall of your choice. prepare to cackle manically when you have 1 minute long dots during the maze phase.
gear wise, haste > mastery > crit. one of your reforges is apparently spirit to crit but i can't figure out which one it is (my eyes are borken today). you're also definitely in the clear to gem haste over int but i'd imagine those int gems are because those pieces of gear are part of your healing set, which is why they have int in there.
if the fight goes on long enough, consider using hymn of hope during the first light spectrum phase when there are no red adds up so you can use it again later in the fight where they will probably be begging for all the hymns, innervates and mana tides in the world
when i said blood duty i meant when you're tasked with doing nothing but dotting bloods. i mean the other options aren't much better than insanity just due to a dearth of GCDs and mindbender not scaling with mastery, but it's not like other fights where insanity is just hands down better than the alternatives even when insanity would otherwise be 'weak'.
If you are burn strating PI is almost always better than DI on h Durumu. all 3 line up perfectly, 1 at start of the fight, 1 right before walls come up, and last one right before boss dies
Else i would suggest running DI.
Make sure you are getting at least 2 orbs from the primo-trash oozes before every pull. having a quick 3 orb DP at the start of a fight is essential to doing good damage.
Insanity is an absolute must for this fight. The only fights where mindbender > insanity are fights where you are running DI and have enough targets to SW:P that you don't have globals to use mindflay, you are constantly refreshing sw:P / mindblasting / DPing
I've picked up insanity and DI since that seems to be the way to go. The howtopriest thread was really useful for learning how to deal with ice walls, and that thing about going into the fight with orbs from oozes is something I would never have thought of.
We aren't burn strating, since we just are starting progress I'm not sure we have the numbers for that. With 1 tank/2 heal he's getting to ~78ish before the first light phase. Thanks everyone lots of good tips so far, keep them coming
first PI use at start, second will be up exactly on the ice walls (daT halo) third will be execution phase.
This fight kinda suck for shadow but the burst from PI more than make up for the lack of moving dps IMO.
no secrets during maze either... cast>move>cast>move