View Poll Results: What are your thoughts about same race faction change?

Voters
75. This poll is closed
  • I think this is a great idea

10 13.33%
  • I would be in favor of this provided some changes are made

16 21.33%
  • I am more in favor of a Neutral Faction

13 17.33%
  • No. I am opposed to any type of changes to the two current factions

36 48.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    fully agree that it would be. in any story you will find a black sheep that did not belong.
    Was going to reply with something along those lines.
    All i can do is /agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    A single tribe of trolls are members of the Horde and way way way before that is when Nelfs came to be, how does that make them Horde? Also Helfs are still Alliance.
    Either way, there is still a questionable heritage and a one time hatred for humans in the Lore. My only real point is... it is possible. Will probably never happen, but it is still doable.

always wanted this to happen. I'd even be willing to give up access to main cities, be an outsider or outcast. Ive always liked characters like eitrigg and valeria who woked with races outside their stereotypical factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Either way, there is still a questionable heritage and a one time hatred for humans in the Lore. My only real point is... it is possible. Will probably never happen, but it is still doable.
    Not now no matter what with the hate of orcs from Nelfs, there is no possible way for them to faction switch.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Deleted
    I'd rather form a big, non-aligned popular front, dedicated to addressing universal threats to Azeroth and encouraging the Horde and the Alliance to stop their factional fighting which weakens both sides, softening us up for an inevitable attack from powerful enemies that want to destroy or enslave the people on both sides. I'd call this organisation, "The Non-Morons of Azeroth Who Actually Have Some Foresight". The name might need refining, but you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Robutt View Post
    I'd rather form a big, non-aligned popular front, dedicated to addressing universal threats to Azeroth and encouraging the Horde and the Alliance to stop their factional fighting which weakens both sides, softening us up for an inevitable attack from powerful enemies that want to destroy or enslave the people on both sides. I'd call this organisation, "The Non-Morons of Azeroth Who Actually Have Some Foresight". The name might need refining, but you get the idea.
    So a faction combining Argent Crusade, Ebon Blade, Cenarion Cirle and Earthen Ring.

Led by Med'an

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    And the point of factions would be?
    To play a Tauren but with my Alliance raid? Would be awesome.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    So a faction combining Argent Crusade, Ebon Blade, Cenarion Cirle and Earthen Ring.
    Interesting since all of those use races from both main factions

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 12:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    To play a Tauren but with my Alliance raid? Would be awesome.
    Agreed. I would absolutely roll a Tauren DK and take him over to the Alliance. The looks on people's faces in SW the first time...

Priceless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post

Led by Med'an
    Sounded so good until you added that last line.

But, yeah. Those groups along with any Shattered Sun troops who chose not to get involved in the faction war with the majority of their races and any volunteers from the Horde or Alliance (or citizens of each faction's races that have not enlisted) who might decide to give up the war that pitches mortal against mortal and wants to be ready to fight all those (semi) immortal baddies that have it in for everybody. Not sure if I've missed any other neutral factions that possess notable fighting prowess, but them too. Maybe the dragonflights, since the Aspects have retired and are probably just twiddling their thumbs at present.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep your filthy mutts and midgets out of my Horde.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Poor idea, everyone says 'oh well you could have x members of y race join z faction and it would make sense!'

But they don't think about the lore after that, do you have traitor characters matter? do you never have it addressed? do you have orcs tell traitor humans to go kill more 'human scum' and praise them as good members of the Horde?

They'd have to rewrite half the quests ingame.
    Twas brillig

neat idea but i would suggest that a character doing this could never get exalted with the other home factions. for instance, a horde character becoming a traitor could never get exalted with any of the alliance factions, stormwind, ironforge, darnassus, exodar, etc. there has to be some lasting impact beyond an optional title to display. also, i would vote for "the Traitor" title for doing this. maybe even making it mandatory to display, and never having an option to change it.

Interesting since all of those use races from both main factions

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 12:56 PM ----------

Agreed. I would absolutely roll a Tauren DK and take him over to the Alliance. The looks on people's faces in SW the first time...

Priceless.
    What if i told you that you can't see the look on people's faces in WoW.

Ontopic: It wouldn't shock anyone after it went live because there would be alot of people wanting to test it out so tons of people would do it.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

You can defect, you just wear an amazing disguise of an Alliance race if you were Horde, or vice versa, and are in so deep u have to kill your former countrymen to avoid being caught.

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 08:21 PM ----------

Priceless.
    Everyone loves Tauren though. AN orc DK of the Alliance in SW would be shocking.

First problem: People in Azeroth are incredibly racist, they see an Orc, troll, undead ect in Stormwind their dead. Same for Humans or Night Elves in Org or Undercity. Certain races like Tauren MAY be able to be neutral, but i really can't see anyone else being neutral too much hatred. (Btw elves hate the orcs because they were apart of the burning legion that devastated their homeland).

Second Problem: Besides the glaring problem that i listed above this would be a giant financial misstep by blizzard and would cause them to lose a large sum of money. Blizz is a company first and foremost, they won't give away free crap.

(also night elves never belonged to the horde... ever... just because they are related to trolls doesn't mean their friends with them. I mean technically blood elves are just night elves that succumed to the Sunwell's lust for power (highelves are blood elves that didn't) so technically night elves are part of the horde but at the same time not at all.)
    Last edited by Checksmix; 2013-02-27 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    You can defect, you just wear an amazing disguise of an Alliance race if you were Horde, or vice versa, and are in so deep u have to kill your former countrymen to avoid being caught.

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 08:21 PM ----------

Everyone loves Tauren though. AN orc DK of the Alliance in SW would be shocking.
    My Tauren DK is a big green love machine!
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

AKA The guardians of Trisfall.

So the Alliance should just let the Horde murder them and not fight back against Garrosh?

This whole 'it takes two to tango' / 'both sides are bad!' stuff is bunk right now, this war is solely because of the orcs and Forsaken, mainly Garrosh :\
    Twas brillig

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Checksmix View Post
    AKA The guardians of Trisfall.
    Sort of. 'Cept actually overtly acting and serving a tangible purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    So the Alliance should just let the Horde murder them and not fight back against Garrosh?

This whole 'it takes two to tango' / 'both sides are bad!' stuff is bunk right now, this war is solely because of the orcs and Forsaken, mainly Garrosh :\
    Well, yeah. The Horde would need to look a little more like how it did under Thrall (with more top-down micro-management) before something like what I suggest would probably work, but really both sides have done some pretty crappy stuff to each other. Luckily Garrosh's overthrow is coming soon. I'll gladly admit that the Horde are currently much more aggressive and antagonistic than the Alliance at present, save perhaps for the Kirin'Tor.

No no no Thrall was WORSE in my opinion, saying he wanted peace yet not stopping the warsong in Ashenvale or keeping a leash on the Forsaken at all
    Twas brillig