10+ Year Old Account

[video] Cobrak & Reinhart talk Warlocks in 5.2

[editing because apparently my description was too distracting ^^]

mb if someone posted it already.

it's long btw.

Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-02-28 at 03:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two of the best.... cobrak is only a 2.2k hero, reinhart 2.7k single time glad dk in wotlk....
    Just 2 good (2.2k -2.3k good, not multiglad/r1 good) warlocks with some fame.

I have to agree on most things tho, but on some other things, they are just making themselves sound stupid >.>

I like Nadagastt videos! In my opinion, he is better than Cobrak! But Cobrak is amazing too!

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Two of the best.... cobrak is only a 2.2k hero, reinhart 2.7k single time glad dk in wotlk....

I have to agree on most things tho, but on some other things, they are just making themselves sound stupid >.>
    Pretty much this. I've played a few times with Reinhart in RBGs and while he's a good player, he's nothing special. He's decently entertaining (like Cobrak), but neither of them are gladiator quality warlocks.

10+ Year Old Account

so do you.. <3

The wording was a bit O/T obv. but in terms of community return - cobrak is up there. Also.. Rating isnt everything esp for cata destro locks, should also be pointed out that cobrak didnt play in wrath [when destro was a thing]. we'll see what he does this season / next. imo he's capable of much higher than what he's been so far.

The point was it is an interesting video and worth a look .

anyways maybe you should expand on what they said that you thought were bad points? just curious.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-02-28 at 01:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    so do you.. <3

The wording was a bit O/T obv. but in terms of community return - cobrak is up there. Also.. Rating isnt everything esp for cata destro locks, should also be pointed out that cobrak didnt play in wrath [when destro was a thing]. we'll see what he does this season / next. imo he's capable of much higher than what he's been so far.

anyways maybe you should expand on what they said that you thought were bad points? just curious.
    I'll explain that later, currently working around a big deal, on 5 am -.-'

And honestly, my vision is rather blurred when it comes to these things. Unlike most people, I don't look up at them, but I look down upon them. He certainly isn't a bad player, and I agree with many things, but with some things I just can't agree.

My comment wasn't really about that anyway, I just don't like "fanboism". For me the difference between good and one of the best is pretty big, they are good, just not one of the best. And cobrak played in wrath, just take a look at his older videos
    Aside from having a bunch of BG videos, he really ain't anything different from your average 2.2k warlock, but hey, when people are famous, people will consider them to be very good *cough* swifty :/

so do you.. <3

What disturbs me immensely is that he says that he was a die-hard Destro lock whereas he did not do any considerable effort in arenas during Cataclysm, the expansion that was a chance for anyone to prove their dedication to Destruction. Rating is something in Cata, but it doesn't have to be something like 2.2k as Destro, just something to show that you tried to make it work the whole time and didn't wuss out if you really loved the spec. Sure he has very entertaining clips in his videos and he's a nice guy that interacts with the community a lot, but I wouldn't regard him as the Destro veteran that's super skilled simply because he hasn't provided any footage/proof about his gameplay in Cataclysm arena.

So, back on topic. They say some very informative things for those that haven't been catching up as of late, but most (I said most) of the stuff is basics that we've already talked about in MMO-C since Beta. So yeah they're right on most things, but I don't really see what is there to discuss. If there's anything in that video that's of interest, it's the discussion regarding Burning Rush: Amazing for PvE, too costly for PvP. Make it absorb healing, have a smaller cost and we're fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    What disturbs me immensely is that he says that he was a die-hard Destro lock whereas he did not do any considerable effort in arenas during Cataclysm, the expansion that was a chance for anyone to prove their dedication to Destruction. Rating is something in Cata, but it doesn't have to be something like 2.2k as Destro, just something to show that you tried to make it work the whole time and didn't wuss out if you really loved the spec. Sure he has very entertaining clips in his videos and he's a nice guy that interacts with the community a lot, but I wouldn't regard him as the Destro veteran that's super skilled simply because he hasn't provided any footage/proof about his gameplay in Cataclysm arena.

So, back on topic. They say some very informative things for those that haven't been catching up as of late, but most (I said most) of the stuff is basics that we've already talked about in MMO-C since Beta. So yeah they're right on most things, but I don't really see what is there to discuss. If there's anything in that video that's of interest, it's the discussion regarding Burning Rush: Amazing for PvE, too costly for PvP. Make it absorb healing, have a smaller cost and we're fine.

ahah - i actually know why that would piss you off since you're one of the few of us that bothered to stay and rock destro ~2200. i guess that makes sense..

just to clear it up - i dont think either of these is the BEST lock or near that level atm. stop getting hung up on the wording. was just to draw interest mostly.

i actually didnt find that burning rush convo very informative tbh.. just because everyone knows they'd have to vastly change the mech. to make it worth while in pvp.

Tbh - lot of it is sh*t i already knew or heard before, still worth a share for people not playing ptr exclusively like i have been.

the part i think should be req. watcing for dev's is the part where they talk about how to fix Aff... because its 100% right. get rid of MG [or pigeon hole it into pve..] - increase dot dmg by a massive amount / get rid SB:SS.

---------- Post added 2013-02-28 at 03:36 PM ----------

I'll explain that later, currently working around a big deal, on 5 am -.-'

And honestly, my vision is rather blurred when it comes to these things. Unlike most people, I don't look up at them, but I look down upon them. He certainly isn't a bad player, and I agree with many things, but with some things I just can't agree.

My comment wasn't really about that anyway, I just don't like "fanboism". For me the difference between good and one of the best is pretty big, they are good, just not one of the best. And cobrak played in wrath, just take a look at his older videos
    Aside from having a bunch of BG videos, he really ain't anything different from your average 2.2k warlock, but hey, when people are famous, people will consider them to be very good *cough* swifty :/
    what are you talking about bro.. i'm not a cobrak 'fan', my highest rating exclipses his by quit a lot actually. although i do think when you give back to the community with vids etc it's more important than shiny badges on the AJ forum..i also dont try and pull those people down. sorry that the fact that he's well known makes you angry or something..

still interested to hear what you didnt agree with tho!
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-02-28 at 03:40 PM.

ahah - i actually know why that would piss you off since you're one of the few of us that bothered to stay and rock destro ~2200. i guess that makes sense..

just to clear it up - i dont think either of these is the BEST lock or near that level atm. stop getting hung up on the wording. was just to draw interest mostly.

i actually didnt find that burning rush convo very informative tbh.. just because everyone knows they'd have to vastly change the mech. to make it worth while in pvp.

Tbh - lot of it is sh*t i already knew or heard before, still worth a share for people not playing ptr exclusively like i have been.

the part i think should be req. watcing for dev's is the part where they talk about how to fix Aff... because its 100% right. get rid of MG [or pigeon hole it into pve..] - increase dot dmg by a massive amount / get rid SB:SS.
    Yeah I agree, the talk about burning rush seems most interesting. An idea like disabling port for X seconds after using the spell sounds much more attractive in my opinion, makes it more of a decision.
    Part of me wants to see Affliction burn tbh because of Cataclysm, but it isn't fair for everyone that likes the spec. What boggles me the most is that they've changed the specs into what they aren't, a part from demonology (which is amazing design-wise). Slow casts for Destro, single-target channeling for Affliction. I think these are the biggest two problems for both specs. I hope it'll change with the buff to sustained.

10+ Year Old Account
    super late reply..always forget i post things here.

probably wont post in here again unless Niberon backs up what he said about their comments earlier, which i dont think will happen. ^^..

Yeah I agree, the talk about burning rush seems most interesting. An idea like disabling port for X seconds after using the spell sounds much more attractive in my opinion, makes it more of a decision.
    Part of me wants to see Affliction burn tbh because of Cataclysm, but it isn't fair for everyone that likes the spec. What boggles me the most is that they've changed the specs into what they aren't, a part from demonology (which is amazing design-wise). Slow casts for Destro, single-target channeling for Affliction. I think these are the biggest two problems for both specs. I hope it'll change with the buff to sustained.
    yea even if it replaced port.. or was good enough to make players consider doing so.. would be interesting.

I'm sure you know i'm not a huge aff fan either but i do feel that allows me to police games a little more than destro, probably because i'm not as comfortable with destro after being pigeoned into aff for last xpac.

everything is ok tho! haunt got a buff! now we're only getting out damaged by shirukan spamming rogues by just a little bit >.<..[if you dont get that, watch reckful's stream. lol]

srsy tho.. both specs feel ok on PTR, guess we'll see what happens in the next weeks!

I'm sure you know i'm not a huge aff fan either but i do feel that allows me to police games a little more than destro, probably because i'm not as comfortable with destro after being pigeoned into aff for last xpac.

everything is ok tho! haunt got a buff! now we're only getting out damaged by shirukan spamming rogues by just a little bit >.<..[if you dont get that, watch reckful's stream. lol]

srsy tho.. both specs feel ok on PTR, guess we'll see what happens in the next weeks!
    Shuriken Toss is a retarded ability that has to go. It has absolutely no place in this game for a melee class...

10+ Year Old Account
    Shuriken Toss is a retarded ability that has to go. It has absolutely no place in this game for a melee class...
    no argument here.. unfortunately it's going live like this. just like an of knives interrupt went live in cata and fkn shouldnt have.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, they completely seem to forget about battle fatigue and mortal strike when talking about embertap... Yeah, it's very strong when you completely ignore that, even overpowered I'd say, so forgetting about those healing reductions is just a really stupid thing since people will call for nerfs.
    And really, what's up with comparing every single heal that's not instant to second wind?

A next thing, apparently unbound will is better for peeling then blood fear, because blood fear has a 10sec cooldown. Call me an idiot, but I don't see how a 1min cooldown + hardcast fear can be better then an instant fear on 10sec cooldown. Sure you can trinket out of a cc chain every 1min to hard cast a fear, however, if you get interrupted, you are screwed and you won't be peeling a lot for the next minute. Blood fear on the other hand cannot be stopped that easily, if you get it off, you have your peel going.
    And yeh, you can be sitting in a cc chain, but you have 2 partners to prevent being permanently cc'ed, and all you really need is 0.1 sec to help your partner out, for a normal fear you need to be left alone for ~1.5sec.

"Only idiots use the active of KJC"... He pretty much called every exceptional warlock an idiot there. Just because he doesn't know how to use it, it doesn't mean there are people that can actually use it without looking like an idiot.

Shadowburn, the only reason destro is good apparently... Surprisingly enough, almost every other warlock seems to agree that it's just blood fear and dark soul. Then admitting you've used the havoc/shadowburn bug on purpose doesn't make you sound all too good either. (Especially not when you want to show it to devs: "HEY GUYS I ABUSED BUG YO!") Yeah, mages can just iceblock it... Because apparently just disbanding your pet isn't an option. Everyone aware of the bug disbanded their pets when they got low and in a cyclone/banish, kinda shows how little games they've actualy played.

I've heard a few other really stupid things, but the main thing that really bothered me is how many things they had to test.. I mean seriously, both are well known players, and they don't even know how all their spells work?? If you're going to talk about balance, and you don't even fully know how your class works, you are doing it wrong :/

As I've said, I'm really busy, working on a big thing, being up 20h a day so little time to actually watch the whole thing over again, but when I say I do something I'll do it