Deleted

Question Skip Worgen starting area?

A friend recently started playing again and wants to make a worgen. I was wondering if I can summon him out of his starting area so we can quest together or will that leave him phased?

Thanks in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    he has to do starting zone , no way around it

The worgen area actually starts you as a human first, so he's have to for sure as he wouldn't actually be a worgen till level 4ish I think, havn't donw it in a while so I don't know the actual level.

Deleted
    Ah damn, thanks anyway

There isn't a level requirement to get out of the zone, you have to complete a specific quest. RAF users making Worgens/Goblins would level out of the zone in minutes, having all the mobs grey and all the quests grey, but still unable to leave until a certain quest is done.
    Won't take long if you just do it and don't think about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by runedhill View Post
    There isn't a level requirement to get out of the zone, you have to complete a specific quest. RAF users making Worgens/Goblins would level out of the zone in minutes, having all the mobs grey and all the quests grey, but still unable to leave until a certain quest is done.
    Won't take long if you just do it and don't think about it.
    Yep. My last worgen took about 90 minutes maybe. Got out at level 14 and hit the boat headed for SW. 90 minutes is not bad. Faster for certain classes with BoA gear. Makes plowing through content alot easier. My druid only took an hour in full gear.

Stood in the Fire eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would love it if there was an option given to players that would let them leave the starting area of Worgens, Goblins, and Pandaren or stay and do the quests. I have done all three of these starting areas and felt trapped with a lack of freedom to quest and level the way I wanted; I was forced to do a starting zone. In fact, when you make an Orc or a Night Elf, you can actually leave your starting area and choose to level somewhere else. At least a method to cut to the final quests that take you out of the starting zone.

Deleted
    Tell your friend to enjoy the starter Worgen area. I found it very characterful and was sad that the sense of character it creates is not sustained through the rest of the game. It's arguably too short and you can't go back, so later on it can feel like you are missing some of the tingle factor that comes from walking through the gates of your capital.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course he could make a worgen DK instead if he already has a lvl 55 character.