Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    If someone is retreating that's one thing.

If they're retreating with your stuff in hand, that's another
    In Minnesota: "The legal excuse of self defense is available only to those who act honestly and in good faith, even in one's place of abode.   This includes the duty to retreat or avoid the danger if reasonably possible." - See more at: http://caselaw.findlaw.com/mn-court-....IdABMzNQ.dpuf

10+ Year Old Account
    I also think you shouldn't even go for the gun, or draw the gun, unless you intend to kill. It actually puts your life in danger bringing a gun into the situation if you are not willing to kill with it. The other person might be.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You always shoot to kill. Always. If it's serious enough for you to pull a gun, you put them down. If it's a situation where you would want to "shoot to injure", you probably aren't justified pulling the weapon in the first place.

Plus, unless you're an expert marksman at a convenient range with the drop on the enemy and time to pick a target, and have practiced under combat conditions enough to not have it shake you, there is no way you're going to be able to successfully "shoot to injure". You drop them, period. You don't try and pull of some kind of trick shot that won't hurt them too badly. Besides which, even a shot in the shoulder or thigh could hit an artery and cause them to bleed out; any shot is a potential kill shot, the difference is the chance of death.

Always shoot to kill. Anyone talking about "shoot to injure" is probably talking out their ass.

well if he has a knife and isn't near me, I'd shot on his legs or somewhere just to injure, not to kill
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    You shoot to kill and only aim at something you are comfortable killing. Every responsible firearm owner, military member, and police member knows this. Want to injure? Get a taser.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=719_1359546908

End of
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    You shoot to kill and only aim at something you are comfortable killing. Every responsible firearm owner, military member, and police member knows this. Want to injure? Get a taser.
    Exactly. I have 22 years of martial arts training, including 9 years in the military, good friends that are cops and lawyers and hunters and absolutely, every single time, you never ever EVER point a firearm at something you are not prepared to kill. It's rule #1, taught the first day before you ever get a firearm in your hands.

Endus has it right:
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You always shoot to kill. Always. If it's serious enough for you to pull a gun, you put them down. If it's a situation where you would want to "shoot to injure", you probably aren't justified pulling the weapon in the first place.
    If you can control a situation without applying lethal force (by discharging your firearm) but you do it anyway (by shooting to injure), then you are in the wrong and can expect excessive force or even attempted murder charges. If you can't control a situation without applying a lethal force, then shooting to injure is already the wrong option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    well if he has a knife and isn't near me, I'd shot on his legs or somewhere just to injure, not to kill
    You would miss, and then he would stab you.

"Shooting to injure" is not a real thing. If you attempt to do it, you will die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Yeah, heard that before, means shit to me. Your property is not worth a mans life, if you see a weapon then the rules change however.
    if you wait till you see a gun there's a good chance it's already to late.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Yeah, heard that before, means shit to me. Your property is not worth a mans life, if you see a weapon then the rules change however.
    Sadly the law of the land states otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Sadly the law of the land states otherwise.
    Not the law of my state. You can only do it if you yourself are in danger and have no reasonable expectation to retreat.

Since I would only shoot someone if I felt I was in extreme danger, I'd be shooting to kill. I think this is really pretty obvious.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Depends I guess, if someone has a knife ill shoot to injure if I can. If they have a gun ill shoot to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Not the law of my state. You can only do it if you yourself are in danger and have no reasonable expectation to retreat.
    Thank god I don't live in your state then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Do they? Even in castle law states, if the individual is showing signs of retreating you can get charged. You don't have the authority to kill if you or your property are not in imminent danger.
    Says the internet lawyer without citation. But in my state you can shoot them just to prevent a felony from being committed or if you "think" they may do harm to someone else. (Says the other internet lawyer, also without citation).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaNoob2 View Post
    Says the internet lawyer without citation. But in my state you can shoot them just to prevent a felony from being committed or if you "think" they may do harm to someone else. (Says the other internet lawyer, also without citation).
    So you disagreed with me by.... agreeing with me?

Call the police first......
    Shout and warning shot
    if he doesn't gtfo shoot to kill.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Thank god I don't live in your state then.
    I'm glad I do. Things are just things. Killing over a TV set is stupid.

While I agree completely and I'd personally never kill someone over my TV or computer (my bike though...), I can't say I actually feel bad when thieves are murdered. I don't think we're losing a lot of luminaries that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelta View Post
    Exactly. I have 22 years of martial arts training, including 9 years in the military, good friends that are cops and lawyers and hunters and absolutely, every single time, you never ever EVER point a firearm at something you are not prepared to kill. It's rule #1, taught the first day before you ever get a firearm in your hands.
    I seem to remember rule #1 is always treat your weapon as though it were loaded. I think rule #2 is do not point your weapon at anything you do not intend to kill or destroy.

I laugh at any implication that I should leave my house because some punk thinks its cool to steal shit that I worked my ass off to get

I laugh at any implication that I should leave my house because some punk thinks its cool to steal shit that I worked my ass off to get
    You know what vigilante justice is, right?

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 11:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    While I agree completely and I'd personally never kill someone over my TV or computer (my bike though...), I can't say I actually feel bad when thieves are murdered. I don't think we're losing a lot of luminaries that way.
    I have almost 25000mi on my bike. I'd be fucking distraught if it got ripped off.