Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Rant about Blood DK in arena.

    So yeah, I'm atm sitting in a 3v3 match, where we've killed their healer and dps, only remaining a blood DK with 575k hp in blood presence. I only got a hunter and me alive.. And we cant bloody get him below 70%, as he pops his CDs and heal him self to 100% agian >.< So now we're standing here dancing, because he cant dent my teammate health pool... >.<

  2. #2
    LOL
    10 char

  3. #3
    High Overlord Rigimi44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    158
    Haha good luck with that.
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

  4. #4
    Yeah we left after a pretty decent dance session! x]

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 11:17 PM ----------

    Well, karma was on our side!
    Next match we got a free win with a team that didnt show up

  5. #5
    Warchief Zethras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Acherus is my home.
    Posts
    2,195
    I've done a few 2v2s and gotten into a similar situation, the enemy team made alts on my realm just to get all pissy and call me/my class bad etc etc.

    It's actually rather hilarious. ^_^
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

  6. #6
    yep the dance move is the only thing u can do .. totally boring to play against a Blood DK u need 2 dps to kill 1 and even that is super hard . ( backpaddler are btw the most annoying blooddks )

    this comes from a rogue point of view ;P

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Gniifail View Post
    yep the dance move is the only thing u can do .. totally boring to play against a Blood DK u need 2 dps to kill 1 and even that is super hard . ( backpaddler are btw the most annoying blooddks )

    this comes from a rogue point of view ;P
    Haha this one was a backpaddler! Backpaddling me, to stay out of LoS when I was spamming Denounce, hurts my eyes to see such a thing..

  8. #8
    Ye the most Blooddks are Backpaddling at least the most i face :P but the ones who dont are killable and believe me as rogue .. u dont want to face one xP

    good luck that u arent getting any more of them

  9. #9
    It is clear that he was alot more skilled than you two combined.
    There should be no major problem for you to coordinate your cc and burst to take him down.
    Practise more and you wont have that problem again.

  10. #10
    Warchief Zethras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Acherus is my home.
    Posts
    2,195
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    It is clear that he was alot more skilled than you two combined.
    There should be no major problem for you to coordinate your cc and burst to take him down.
    Practise more and you wont have that problem again.
    I think you fail to grasp how nearly impossible it is to kill a blood dk when you only have physical damage, CC and burst timing or not.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    It is clear that he was alot more skilled than you two combined.
    There should be no major problem for you to coordinate your cc and burst to take him down.
    Practise more and you wont have that problem again.
    Oh we did, got him to about 60-70% and he would just instant heal him self to 100% right after the stun was over.

  12. #12
    its not really skillfull to "backpaddle" besides that yes im not the best pvper but i can say that we have both used "everything possible" in our kit to kill him
    he goes down to 20% and then u cant do nothing he pops cds we pop cds and hes full :P

    yeah i practise everyday but blood dks are just unkillable at least the ones who are just backpaddling


    ( one sub rogue and me as Mutilate so no just physical )
    Last edited by Gniifail; 2013-02-27 at 10:42 PM. Reason: specc written^^

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    I think you fail to grasp how nearly impossible it is to kill a blood dk when you only have physical damage, CC and burst timing or not.
    Ive dealt with alot of blood dks in arenas. 99% of them was in the 0-1600 bracket

  14. #14
    see it like this.

    575K hp
    his deathstrikes heal + give him a anti mellee shield.
    he has think armor + avoidence.
    he also has tank CD's to use when your popping your CD's to burst him.

    it's like taking a resto druid solo... just can't be done!
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Ive dealt with alot of blood dks in arenas. 99% of them was in the 0-1600 bracket
    Yeah, thats the mmr we're on atm :P And the hunter is an alt we're gearing up aswell, so no fancy stuff on him. He actually got his weapon this week x]

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade View Post
    see it like this.

    575K hp
    his deathstrikes heal + give him a anti mellee shield.
    he has think armor + avoidence.
    he also has tank CD's to use when your popping your CD's to burst him.

    it's like taking a resto druid solo... just can't be done!
    Except it wasnt solo. It was healer/dps (two people) against one person.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Ive dealt with alot of blood dks in arenas. 99% of them was in the 0-1600 bracket
    To be fair, the reason that you don't see blood DKs above 1600 isn't because a single melee dps can kill a blood dk solo... it's because a team with a blood dk will be so gimped that they'll never end up in a 1v1 situation anyway; they won't be able to kill a single members of the other team.

    Oversimplified, but that's the way I see it.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Mort459 View Post
    To be fair, the reason that you don't see blood DKs above 1600 isn't because a single melee dps can kill a blood dk solo... it's because a team with a blood dk will be so gimped that they'll never end up in a 1v1 situation anyway; they won't be able to kill a single members of the other team.

    Oversimplified, but that's the way I see it.
    Pretty much fits my view of blood dks in arenas overall. The higher the rating, the lower amount of tank specs in general.
    That brings me back to my first post in this thread. Practise more, get better, win against that team next time

  19. #19
    you said you had a hunter yeah? well tell your hunter to disband his pet and kite him while you whatever your class is just do rangedmg or kite him too if you get focused.
    if you are a rogue or warrior i can understand your problem. if you are any other class or even a healer you and your hunter are just bad.
    blood dks in arena arent that hard anymore.
    vs melees they are op as hell vs anything else they are just fucked up and easily kiteable
    any range setup can easily kite them to death while healers should rangedps them too since blooddks deal no dmg anymore

    as blood dk i won 1v4 matches against bad geared warrior/warrior/rogue/heal combos but also lost against 1 single skilled low geared warlock.
    if you get kited youre fucked if you have something to hit and not much magic dmg on enemys you are immortal
    Last edited by Raegwyn; 2013-02-27 at 10:53 PM.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Except it wasnt solo. It was healer/dps (two people) against one person.
    Well, as I mentioned in the last post - my team mate isnt the best geared, barely got his weapon this week. So his dmg wasnt all that great againt a full malevolent blood dk. And yeah - I do put out some dmg with my Denounces, holy shocks and all that. But it was far from enough to bring him even close to death. I have no idea if my hunter was good at his class or anything though, as its his alt and we only cap him once a week (and I find 3v3 to cap people alot more fun than sucky sucky 2s.). But I did what I could, and I assume he did what he could - wich ended up in a dance show, while watching a movie (atleast on my side).

    Well, we didnt lose to much rating, and as we're only at about 1.6k mmr atm, it dosnt realy matter that much. And we did get a free win the next match.

    P.S, be kind, dont start an argument or anything here, was just me needing to vent of some steam after this annoying comp.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 11:53 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Raegwyn View Post
    you said you had a hunter yeah? well tell your hunter to disband his pet and kite him while you whatever your class is just do rangedmg or kite him too if you get focused.
    if you are a rogue or warrior i can understand your problem. if you are any other class or even a healer you and your hunter are just bad.
    blood dks in arena arent that hard anymore.
    vs melees they are op as hell vs anything else they are just fucked up and easily kiteable
    any range setup can easily kite them to death while healers should rangedps them too since blooddks deal no dmg anymore
    Didnt think about the pet part! Thanks for the tip, will make it alot easier to kill him next time. As his Death Strikes wont hit anything except when he gets in a grip on one of us.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •