Poll: Vote for you favorite raid trailer

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a soft spot for the Ulduar and Zul'Aman trailers (Ulduar was rad and the ZA trailer had great lines), and the old Naxxramas trailer (still a great listen). I think it's a tie between Fall of the Lich King and the Thunder King. Presentation is great in both of them.

The ZA trailer is my favorite, but I do like the 5.2 trailer very much

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely BWL.

That guy running around in the background while they're trying to have a serious RP session makes me laugh every time.

Deleted
    Ulduar and Zul'Aman for sure! I miss those times.

Deleted
    Lich King and Black Temple are great.
    But please let me forget Hour of Twilight. That fight one deathwings back.. I could cry.

Went with Secrets of Ulduar. The Gods of Zul'Aman and The Black Temple get an honourable mention.

Black Temple = best music, best voice work and great lore

10+ Year Old Account
    Overall, I'd have to say ICC. A great raid, a great story, a great trailer.

I also liked the Firelands trailer and Black Temple Trailer... The Zul'aman trailer was pretty good, but seeing as we had absolutely no reason to go to Zul'aman, it loses something...

While I loved Ulduar the raid, I never really cared for the Ulduar trailer. It was just so... melodramatic.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since the Black Temple trailer is the only one that has stuck to my memory, I'm voting for that.

Black Temple was definitely the best one I've seen, the voice actor was amazing. Zul'Aman was great too though.

I also think you should have linked the original trailer for Black Temple, not the one with those subtitles that cut off like a fourth of the picture (makes it look bad).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6-C-_PJTa4
    Last edited by Every Pwny; 2013-02-28 at 06:58 AM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Ulduar, Black Temple, Sunwell, Zul'aman, Rise of the Zandalari and Firelands.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

ZA by far.... when you here the last part "You wanna stay, you stay here forever. We gonna bury you here." Always sent a chill down my spine.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Ulduar was the best trailer and the best raid of all time imo.

I feel like almost all are pretty great as far as non-CGI vids go.

The original ZA's is the most action-oriented, with tons of almost comic-like emphasis on the bad guys. I like that it shows us the boss' reasoning, instead of just our own, for once.

Fall of the Lich King has probably the best lore-heavy video. Very moody and epic feeling, plus yet another badass quote, really gets you pumped when there's a takeaway line like that.

Rage of the Firelands isn't really super-great (it'd be better without the weepy whining of the Orcs personally and just focusing on the cool stuff) but the visuals are some of the best. Hyjal and Orgrimmar on fire? Pretty awesome.

The Black Temple one isn't really that great to me. Like it's cool for a story or lore video, but as for a raid it didn't really do much. It gives me tons of backstory, but doesn't go into a single boss beyond Illidan himself (technically I guess Akama, too). And what's with the ugly subtitles? Only video I saw that had them, and they weren't even necessary.

The Vanilla ones won't get any high marks for graphics or anything but the Naxx one was pretty dang cool, for something so old. Original ZG...pretty meh, just "here's the bosses" edited together.

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 11:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Black Temple was definitely the best one I've seen, the voice actor was amazing. Zul'Aman was great too though.

I also think you should have linked the original trailer for Black Temple, not the one with those subtitles that cut off like a fourth of the picture (makes it look bad).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6-C-_PJTa4
    Oh okay, good to know that's not how it always was. Doesn't really change my ranking of it, but makes it look less dumb.

Deleted
    Rise of the Zandalari, Vol'Jin, so badass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Black temple hands down. Nothing else even comes close.
    This.
    That glimpse of Maiev in the end made my inner nerd squee!

imo my favourite for the most shiny trailer was the Firelands.... ragnaros was so nice to answer thrall.. imagine how screwed we woulda been if he jus did a sneak attack outta no where..
    next best LK, rise of the zandalari, ulduar and the old troll trailers.. i jus noticed that in the new troll trailer.. Zul has both his arms.. although he said he cut off one of his arms to escape.. maybe its a diff guy idk lol..

the crusade trailer is nice.. but the argent crusade gets dull really quickly.. its sad. as for black temple.. idk i jus see some ugly broken whining about how he got screwed over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    i jus noticed that in the new troll trailer.. Zul has both his arms.. although he said he cut off one of his arms to escape.. maybe its a diff guy idk lol..
    Trolls regenerate. So his arm would grow again

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    Trolls regenerate. So his arm would grow again
    It's not the same troll though. And no, if the injury is too great, the troll can't regenerate it.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann