Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    It doesn't even matter if we are or aren't. It's all about how we're perceived. I just don't care how were perceived anymore. It would be nice if it was positive, but I choose not to waste my time trying to convince people anymore.
    Eh you're probably right, but still it annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    I'm glad that my country dont even fall in the same category as America. My country is similar to Denmark and Sweden, even though most of the rules etc is a lot different. Also, Sweden not being Sweden soon. Any one have numbers for how many % immigrants there is in Sweden?
    meh, not sure exactly, but you are being silly.

These are the most common nationalities among our immigrants
    Top 10
    Finland (172,218)
    Former Yugoslavia (152,268)
    Iraq (117,919)
    Poland (67,518)
    Iran (59,922)
    Germany (47,803)
    Denmark (46,002)
    Norway (43,819)
    Turkey (40,766)
    Somalia (31,734)

From 2009

Sweden
    Norway and Denmark, with Finland being 3rd I guess. I think it depends on where you live. Southern Sweden probably feels like Denmark is more similiar, we on the west coast(at least I) thinks Norway is most similiar, people in Norrbotten and the east probably think Finland got most similarities.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-02-28 at 01:50 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

It doesn't even matter if we are or aren't. It's all about how we're perceived. I just don't care how were perceived anymore. It would be nice if it was positive, but I choose not to waste my time trying to convince people anymore.
    http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/th...--but-no-tanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpK7K1WnFxQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHD8jmT9EkQ

I usually avoid topics related to america (best way to avoid infractions and aneurysms), but my advice is "Find better politicians to represent you". Our politicians are corrupted scumbags as well, but they can formulate good lies and don't use Pokemon lyrics in their speeches.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I guess Belgium (the Flanders part) is the most similar to the Netherlands. If not Flanders, it'll be Germany.

Deleted
    for me, Wales and then scotland are most simmilar to mine. if were counting the UK as a whole i would say Australia is close to UK.

Deleted
    I'm from Denmark and I would say Sweden mostly because of the language otherwise no similarities as such. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Getreuer View Post
    I'm from Denmark and I would say Sweden mostly because of the language otherwise no similarities as such. I think.
    Both loath losing in football to one another! Thats a similarity! ;P
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/th...--but-no-tanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpK7K1WnFxQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHD8jmT9EkQ

I usually avoid topics related to america (best way to avoid infractions and aneurysms), but my advice is "Find better politicians to represent you". Our politicians are corrupted scumbags as well, but they can formulate good lies and don't use Pokemon lyrics in their speeches.
    Anyone who bases their opinions on politicians is a fool.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Im from Sweden and i think middle-east countries (islamic to be specific) is most similiar recently. We have started to build mosques and stone people to death etc!

Anyone who bases their opinions on politicians is a fool.
    So on what should we build our opinions on? Movies, wishful thinking and commercials? Politicians are elected to represent their voters. Obviously when someone who has been voted in to office by a lot of people does something bad it will reflect on the people that voted for him.

To me it feels like you want us to just take your word and love you unconditionally. The world doesn't work like that.
    Last edited by Cybran; 2013-02-28 at 03:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    So on what should we build our opinions on? Movies, wishful thinking and commercials? Politicians are elected to represent their voters. Obviously when someone who has been voted in to office by a lot of people does something bad it will reflect on the people that voted for him.

To me it feels like you want us to just take your word and love you unconditionally. The world doesn't work like that.
    I don't know. How about talking to people or watching educational or non biased material that documents their culture?

Oh wait, it's easier to be ignorant and stereotype people. Asking for a little effort on behalf of others in order to better understand their fellow human beings is too much.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Deleted
    Culturally, I think New Zealand. It's just so similar. I've been there to visit relatives and when I got there I was thinking "did we actually take off...?"

Edit: By 'country' I would say Wales and Scotland. But since this is based on the UK then I stand by new zealand.
    Last edited by mmocb5e225659b; 2013-02-28 at 03:53 PM.

Oh wait, it's easier to be ignorant and stereotype people. Asking for a little effort on behalf of others in order to better understand their fellow human beings is too much.
    So you gonna call me ignorant and stereotype me for trying to explain to you how people form their opinions? I should have followed my own rule and not gotten involved in this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    There are 2 major cultures in Croatia. The northern part is mostly similar to Slovenia, Austria, the Czech Republic and Hungary due to mutual affiliation during the Habsburg Monarchy. The southern part is mostly similar to Italy as well as all those countries above due to the Habsburg Monarchy as well as Venice and Italy holding the coast at various times through history.

Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    I would disagree, for obvious reasons. Canada are neutral and good, while America runs on war.
    Canada is neutral yet they've taken part in Afghanistan and the NATO no fly zone over Libya. That surely seems like the actions of a neutral nation to me.

Well if Canada can't be the most similar nation to the US, what nation is? The only other nations on the planet that aren't neutral and good aren't even remotely close to being culturally or politically similar to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    I think Canada would be the most similar nation to the United States.
    I agree. Except when it comes to guns. Once, one guy in LFD said: "After this dungeon, Imma polish my assault rifle." And I'm not gonna count all the other times guns were referenced from my experiences in Wow alone... Freaks me out.

Looks like Canada is very similar to UK and Australia, and surprisingly different from France. Hmm, interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Canada is neutral yet they've taken part in Afghanistan and the NATO no fly zone over Libya. That surely seems like the actions of a neutral nation to me.

Well if Canada can't be the most similar nation to the US, what nation is? The only other nations on the planet that aren't neutral and good aren't even remotely close to being culturally or politically similar to the US.
    The thing is, no country is. Because people try to avoid being like americans. If I had to compare, it would most likely be with a middle-eastern coutry.

Currently there is no other country like the US, anywhere

Some countries have some cultural similarities to the US (Aus, NZ, Canada, UK, etc....), with a large amount of differences
    And some other countries are politically similar (None of the above, as they are all constitutional monarchy)

But the US is definitely Unique, its culture and politics is not duplicated anywhere in the world.

Where as Aus, NZ, Canada, UK are all pretty similar both culturally and politically. Sure they all share an Ally in the USA, but it doesn't make us clones of the USA