Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    This decision is coming about because of DS3 success most likely, not SWTOR directly.
    And i would guess Mass Effects 3 Multiplayer, that has the lockbox type microtransactions and BW have pumped out 4 or 5 free DLC's for that you gotta think thats because they were getting tons of microtransactions to make up for that development.

If its transactions to get unlocks of things you can pick up simply by playing the game (such as BF3's equipment packs) then i dont mind. But if its stuff that you cannot get ingame but is "on the disc" that they're as you US people so eloquently put it "nickel and diming" people, then thats a no no for me and i wont buy any games that do that.

i pay for all the content up to and release date to be on the disc, Day One DLC and on disc DLC i will never pay for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regarding the original post... I do not like MT's, Cash Shops, Freemiums, or whatever you want to call them. Its far too slippery a slope into P2W in my opinion. However, for MMO's its just too potentially profitable for most devs and pubs to resist. So as long as its not too invasive I've decided to put up with it. However, that changes when it comes to single-player games, whether it has a clumsily tacked on multiplayer feature or not.

I do not accept cash grabs for single-player games and talk with my wallet when it comes to them. DLC's are bad enough. Did not buy DS3 and no other EA game is on my horizon either. I'm not boycotting EA or anything. They simply do not make games I want to play anymore. Trying to nickle and diming us just makes their products even more distasteful to me.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    And i would guess Mass Effects 3 Multiplayer, that has the lockbox type microtransactions and BW have pumped out 4 or 5 free DLC's for that you gotta think thats because they were getting tons of microtransactions to make up for that development.
    Yeah, I totally forgot about that. Assassins Creed 3 does the same for its multiplayer. Not a fan of such behavior in standard games that aren't getting free updates as MMO's do.

EA has ALWAYS been about getting tons of money for hardly any content. Look at Sims and EA Sports franchises for example. It's no surprise they are trying to establish microtransactions in their every game. Do I like it? I don't think anyone likes it. Oh well, the only EA games I'm playing are Bioware's RPGs, and DLCs for them are usually worth every penny.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I think BW did a nice job with the cartel market, and I've used it on every single character I have. Having the option to buy speeder piloting at an earlier level, is well worth the investment. This is one of those "time is money" things for me. And a faster moving character means taking less real time to do what I want.

Honestly, after half a dozen cartel packs, I haven't spent any cartel coins on anything else (It's too cheap on the GTN). But I absolutely appreciate all of the whales that do. I'm a sub, but I know the whales do more than I do to support the game. As long as someone is keeping it going, I'll keep subbing and playing a few times each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodymoman View Post
    It's no surprise they are trying to establish microtransactions in their every game. Do I like it? I don't think anyone likes it.
    Sweep the leg Parrin.
    But-
    I said... Sweep the leg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parrin View Post
    Personally, I think BW did a nice job with the cartel market, and I've used it on every single character I have. Having the option to buy speeder piloting at an earlier level, is well worth the investment. This is one of those "time is money" things for me. And a faster moving character means taking less real time to do what I want.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I said... Sweep the leg.
    Cobra Kairtel Market never dies.
    BAD WOLF

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Sweep the leg Parrin.
    But-
    I said... Sweep the leg.
    Lol. Heck, if WoW let me buy flying skill on my level 1 characters, I might come back. (If I'm gonna sweep the leg, I gotta do it right)

I understand MMOs doing micro transactions, but a single player game doing micros, I just cant understand.

I know that D3 went online and I refuse to buy any game that isnt a MMO that requires you to go online to actually play your game.

I think Im at a point where I refuse to buy anymore games. I bought SWTOR, but Im not playing anymore and I dont like the preferred status, tried the starting area for a jedi knight and was 2 levels behind, cant imagine how it would be at higher levels. I bought GW2, playing it every so often. So I guess I stick with this until Star Citizen comes out or a really good sandbox game comes out.

At first i hated the idea of MT in my single player games but after playing Dead Space 3 i noticed that i don't have to buy them, its an option to take if you're in a rush or want different looking gear but you're not forced too.

That being said i will get annoyed if they start taking things out of the main game that costs (£35) and selling them separately.

(I am a little bias in my viewpoint, i'm sure you can guess why)

10+ Year Old Account
    the only time i ever bothered buying something from a cash shop or cashshop currency (like gems in GW2) i ended up getting hacked.. and the company wouldnt help so i lost the account and refuse to ever play that or anything else by that company

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    the only time i ever bothered buying something from a cash shop or cashshop currency (like gems in GW2) i ended up getting hacked.. and the company wouldnt help so i lost the account and refuse to ever play that or anything else by that company
    An AAA mmo cash shop probably, 99% chance, had nothing to do with the virus. Misattribution theory in action.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Froggy View Post
    I bought SWTOR, but Im not playing anymore and I dont like the preferred status, tried the starting area for a jedi knight and was 2 levels behind, cant imagine how it would be at higher levels.
    XP isn't decreased for F2P or Preferred until you get past level 10. You must have missed something. Or you might be trolling. I'm not the best at judging that.