Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    I would say it won't happen anytime soon but I could see it happen eventually. The movie made over 686 million and I doubt they all went to see it because of the love storyline.
    On a more serious note.

http://www.chron.com/news/nation-wor...th-1692716.php

The elderly are killed. Young women are raped. And able-bodied men are given hammers, machetes and sticks and forced to fight to the death.
    The victims are likely among the hundreds of people found in mass graves in recent months, he said.

In the vicinity of the Mexican city of San Fernando, nearly 200 bodies were unearthed from pits, and authorities said most appeared to have died of blunt force head trauma.

Many are believed to have been dragged off buses traveling through Mexico, but little has been said about the circumstances of their deaths.

The trafficker said those who survive are taken captive and eventually given suicide missions, such as riding into a town controlled by rivals and shooting up the place.
    Its already happening. People in mexico are forced to fight to death for amusement and forced to carry out suicide missions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerimae View Post
    Hi guys, I was recently thinking about how history repeats it self while watching the hunger games. So I thought, if humans were sick enough to force two people to fight to the death thousands of years ago, who says it wont happen again in the near future? Your thoughts?
    We switched to Football and reality TV. No reason for people to have to die for our entertainment anymore.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would prefer Running Man or Smash TV

Quote Originally Posted by dmart View Post
    well we evolved mentally and socially...only thing I could see is for death row inmates lol.

inb4 someone mentions battle royale.
    BS. I saw the way you killed those borg on the holodeck. You were actually enjoying it! You're not the first person to get a thrill out of murdering someone.

Sorry couldn't help myself.

Anyways back on topic. I feel sad that people don't instantly make a connection with this movie and Running Man. Similar concepts of ruthless entertainment. Could it happen its possible. There's definitely people out there who would watch it.

However in this day and age of BS reality TV I think there is more of possibility of the Truman Show happening than anything else.

15+ Year Old Account
    It somewhat already happened with the gladiators but some of them were not forced. There were slaves or people who did crimes and one punishment was to force them to fight. So it has already happened.

Another good read about this is The Most Dangerous Game.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Ultimate fighting is gaining in popularity and it is pretty violent. As long as we have the government we have now, I am sure this will never happen. However I bet there is an illegal market for fights to the death out there.

Deleted
    get real pls! the worst case scenario would be death matches between athletes desperate/foolish/twisted enough to agree to a 'no rules' fight, forcing people to a deathmatch and by some sort of random draft is beyond riddiculous, it will never happen some thing are just for the movies.