Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    The Lightbringer SurrealNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctorant View Post
    Worst Tank: At start it was warrior but now with better gear warrior works much better so I say monk.
    Tanks are pretty balanced this tier, really is coming down to the player more than anything. Each tank has it's niche and performs a little different on every fight but over all their damage taken is very balanced.

    BrM have the advantage of being the highest DPS tanks this tier which helps on those tight enrage fights. Pretty sure we wouldn't have our first H Garalon kill (only beat enrage by < 10 sec) without the extra 10mil dmg I did over our plate tank while damage taken was basically the same.

    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

  2. #82
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    EU (Finland)
    Posts
    281
    Worst healer is the one who doesn't know how to play his/her class.
    Worst tank is also the one who doesn't know how to play his/her class.
    And guess what, the worst DPS is the one who doesn't know how to play his/her class.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    Worst tank... mages.
    worst healers... rogues
    worst dps...... prot pally
    While I agree with this I think it doesn't follow the spirit of the thread.

    Resto Druid, Prot Paly (druid and monk are really skill dependent imo), MM hunters

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    Worst tank... mages.
    worst healers... rogues
    worst dps...... prot pally
    hmm last 2 bosses we killed i topped dmg meter as prot pala but i do agree on the rogue part


    as i only raid 10man i cant say i have played with good players off all specs this expantion but i think shadowpriest/ret is some of the worst dps spec, and i think pala/dk are the best tanks

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by hir0shima View Post
    if u mean guilds like paragon/method, then no i havent been in top 10. Still sha hc is dead pre "get ur cutting edge achivs now" date.

    If u think they can totally eliminate the random aspect from the dps POV game, then u cant be serious. If someone cant understand that simple random can be up to 10-15% of someones output, then sry u r too elite for me I will never be as good as u are as dps and eliminate the rng in 100% cases. U r now my guru, whats ur ingame name so i would know who to workship?
    So how is it that a top notch warlock/mage/warrior/DK/Enh shammy beats a top notch Ret Pally 100% of the time in raw damage output if its RNG? Because that is actually the truth, and that is what happens in a top guild.

    You contradict your own point severely.

  6. #86

  7. #87
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Finland
    Posts
    442
    Worst tanks are DK and Monk. Even when played properly, they seem to take spike damage.

    Best tank is no doubt Paladin overall. I mean, healing as good as a healer and taking the same amount of damage that a warrior takes? Might not be so OP in 25man, but its gamechanging to be able to 2heal instead of 3heal.

  8. #88
    worst healer monk worst tank monk worst dps monk

  9. #89
    Mechagnome Etapicx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    611
    First lol at the ppl saying Feral Druids they are closer the top then bottom.

    For tanks it is hard to say it depends on what fights and mechanics you look at but I only had warrior and Druid tank for the biggest part of progress so I can't really comment on tanks.

    For healers Resto Druids are worst but not by far actually Holy priests are worst but they can spec disc.

    For dps I'd say worst melee's Ret but it depends they have a very good burst which can make up for the bad sustain damage on gimmick fights. For ranged I 'd say elemental shaman.
    Always choose a lazy person to do the difficult job!
    Why?
    He will find an easy way to do it.


    I'm schizophrenic and alone... at least I got each other

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Worst healer; Monk. Most/all I have seen (even the raiders) have serious mana issues and can only last a few trash packs before going OOM. That, and the fact that they are the only healer that is proc-dependent (Chi generation) means that they are very hit and miss. Hell, the last time I played something so proc-dependent was Ret Paladin pre-Holy Power (Not that they currently aren't with Divine Purpose & The Art of War); why they thought the same philosophy would work with Healing when it didn't for DPS i've no idea.

    Worst tank; Monk. Most/all I have seen (even the raiders) have serious health spike issues. I think what is wrong is people having some fundamental misconceptions about how Monk is supposed to be played. They do not stop to ponder why it is that Monk brews slow and that they have so much mobility; obviously because on trash, they are supposed to kite melee. They do not stop to think how much easier life is made, if they cleanse their Stagger away every once in a while. A Brewmaster played improperly is about as effective as a long-term tank as a Rogue.

    Worst DPS; Death Knight. Not because it's bad, but because the class was pretty much made for bad and unskilled players to feel good about themselves and to feel powerful. Even when getting your rotation/CC wrong, it is not hard to surpass most other players. It is the welfare class of WoW.
    Damn you got some retarded people around you

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Worst DPS; Death Knight. Not because it's bad, but because the class was pretty much made for bad and unskilled players to feel good about themselves and to feel powerful. Even when getting your rotation/CC wrong, it is not hard to surpass most other players. It is the welfare class of WoW.
    I think someone got out DPSed by a Death Knight recently.

  12. #92
    The Lightbringer Danishpsycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyx77 View Post
    From personal playing of Warrior, Bear, Protadin & Monkadrunk the bear feels the weakest, also from the LFR & other raiding I have done with all the tanks DK feels the most OP currently with Prota coming second.

    Problem with bear it doesnt offer enough assistance to the raid, warrior has HP shout, Monk has its gaurd shield, prot has its raid wide damage reduction buff, for the person who said DK offers nothing forgot about the bubble they can put down for the melee group (anti magic shell?), the druid gets RUN SPEED BOOST!, only been good on the first 2 bosses in HoF, doesnt feel powerful enough, aside from keeping a boss on you, it feels as though you cant do much else to help the raid out (granted the 45 second heal talent helps but...)

    DPS wise, I have seen bad booms & good booms, it seems to be one of the harder ones to get the rotation down, cat spec I always struggle to get any kind of energy regen, rogue spec is severly undergeared (i was outperforming our rogue even when his gear was 15-20 ilvls higher), and hear that ele shaman & seen that ret isnt great.
    TBH, personal flavor (as I have one), would say rogue currently for pve.

    Healing, the wife has a disc priest, restosham & restodudu, even with their "toolkit" the dudu feels the weakest, and even in raids it feels too lightweight compared to the rest. Also MW because it forces the healer in to melee range and basically be an equivilent of disc but via fists instead can be very difficult to play, looking at parses it seems to be one of the last picked healing classes.

    So my feelings are bear, tree & rogue

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-28 at 06:12 PM ----------



    Still this is an emotive situation where people are giving their personal feelings of what is good/bad.

    For every good player you come across there are lots of bad, also depends on how many classes you have played.

    I have a protadin with ret offspec and I find it more enjoyable and higher dps to grind quests in tank spec, not as squishy and higher dps (i suck at ret - but its a spiky build, hoping on CD's & procs).
    Guardians offer another sort of support imo. I truly miss my T13 raid wall (30% extra healing taken) and I would very much like some sort of raid wall back. But a good Bear will find other ways to support his/her team. Like last time we killed Heroic Empress and only had myself and a Lock who could CR, I would put my Symbiosis on the Hpala for an extra CR - in case the Lock died. Can't really CR someone in the middle of a bunch of angry mobs and when 4 healing it, having 25% of your dps dead is not good.

    Or using Heart of the Wild on a boss like Blade Lord. Epic dps (before Wrath got nerfed anyways). Heroic Tsulong where everything counts. Using Nature's Swiftness talent to instantly cast a Healing Touch on a raid member during Lei Shi's Get Away, healing them for 100k+. Tranquility is useful as well.

    The only tanking class that really has a clear edge over the others in terms of utility, is Prot Paladin and their million Hand of shit and Ardent Defender BS (and yes, I'm jelly). Other than that, I'd say that a good Bear can be better than a mediocre DK or w/e.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    The only tanking class that really has a clear edge over the others in terms of utility, is Prot Paladin and their million Hand of shit and Ardent Defender BS (and yes, I'm jelly). Other than that, I'd say that a good Bear can be better than a mediocre DK or w/e.
    Ardent defender is a personal cooldown, its like a paladin being jelly over enraged regeneration or last stand or whatever.

    Sacred Shield, the hands and aura mastery is however raid walls.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  14. #94
    Worst Healer is definitely Holy Priest (why arent they Disc?!)
    Worst Tank is a lot harder because as someone mentioned earlier, it can depend on the mechanics of the fight.
    Worst dps I want to say Enhance Shamans ONLY because I never see people play them properly. Just go elemental if you cant play enhance well.

  15. #95
    Dont know what kind of monks you have playing when you say they are being very spiky.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy921 View Post
    So how is it that a top notch warlock/mage/warrior/DK/Enh shammy beats a top notch Ret Pally 100% of the time in raw damage output if its RNG? Because that is actually the truth, and that is what happens in a top guild.

    You contradict your own point severely.
    Can you children stop arguing.

    Yes a handful of classes will beat a Ret.

    Yes a Ret will beat a handful of classes.

    To say 100% is wrong, but it's probably damn near close.

    SOOOOOOOOOOO The point of this thread is to talk about the worst DPS. I'd imagine that candidate would be MM Hunter.

  17. #97
    I don't know about tanks as I only play bear very rarely, but healer: resto shaman and dps: balance druid. Balance is actually pretty good at very high ilvls but at regular non-heroic raid gear level they are atrocious, slow ramp up, very low survivability, just awful. I always played balance since TBC on my druid but I had to switch to bear for this expansion because I couldn't take it anymore.

  18. #98
    Worst healer : Shamans. Clunky, horrible in 10man and not that good in 25.
    Worst dps : ret on multidot/cleave and shadow priest on single target.
    Worst tank : Monks. The best monks are only as good as a bad prot paladin. Bad monks are just horrible.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    Worst healer : Shamans. Clunky, horrible in 10man and not that good in 25.
    Worst dps : ret on multidot/cleave and shadow priest on single target.
    Worst tank : Monks. The best monks are only as good as a bad prot paladin. Bad monks are just horrible.
    No way you are putting a great shammy as worst healer. They are soooo useful with their cooldowns atm.

    Worst healer: Resto Druid or Holy Priests (they have their nieches though)
    Worst tank: Guardian Druid. Dodge focussed tank and can be pretty spiky to heal. They do not have a lot (any) situations where they are better than other tanks.
    Worst DPS: MM-hunters, ret paladins. DEFINITELY NOT FERAL! They are amazing.

  20. #100
    The Lightbringer Danishpsycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Ardent defender is a personal cooldown, its like a paladin being jelly over enraged regeneration or last stand or whatever.

    Sacred Shield, the hands and aura mastery is however raid walls.
    I know very well what it is and it's still OP. No other tank will survive a boss enrage even if they use their last stand ability.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •